Fender Bender
3962 posts

Re: Besides invites, Is the homebeta site going to be really used?

Apr 26, 2007
Sony should have just never started that site in the first place. Open registration isn't the way to go, but if you advertise that it's going to happen that way then you should stick to that.

They should've planned this out much better.
Message 11 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
261 posts

Apr 26, 2007

Message Edited by leonce1979 on 04-26-2007 02:42 AM
Support Awesome games: Go buy Valkyria Chronicles, Journey, Ni no Kuni and any Persona games.
Message 12 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
496 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Or at least post on the site what was required to at least be randomly picked for beta testing.

I forgot to register both my PS3 here on this site... Thought just logging onto the PSN was enough =/

EQDruid
Photobucket
Message 13 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
740 posts

Apr 26, 2007
whatever the case something is suppose to happen to that site on the 29th of April. If you look at the page source (ctrl+u) it says the page will expire on the 29th of April. So who knows what will happen after then. I'm willing to bet that sony will gradually add more beta testers to Home despite what was said about only a set limit.
TokyoSig
Message 14 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6222 posts

Apr 26, 2007

*Paulie* wrote:

I wont go that far, but I really am pissed off. I checked that site multiple times a day thinking I actually had a shot at getting in. What a screw job this turned out to be.

Exactly, that is why I am so pissed as well.  I have accepted and backed a lot of lies and the "wait it's still early" and the "be patients" that have flown around the internet.  But, WHY would you create a site and give the illusion of a sign up only to do a closed sign up closed beta testing?  That is absolute BS. 

Welcome to the boards ladies and gentleman.

Betas have and always will be run through Playstation Underground. In order to be accepted, you have to sign up for beta trials on your profile page, and register machines, games, anything to help your cause. Ive never ONCE checked that site hoping to be able to sign up because it always comes through the PSU and email address. Just because your new and didnt know this, doesnt mean its time to rag on Sony about how its their fault.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 15 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Apr 26, 2007

blazedgoldfish69 wrote:
I think they were just using it to mess with us.

"Hey lets say keep checking back and keep all the real fans busy while we send all the invites out by email to people with 20 posts and no PS3 registered."

Thats not true, you have to supply your PSN ID. Which only works for PS3.

If you were smart enough to read this sentence forward, put it in your sig.
Message 16 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Apr 26, 2007
Dam waste of time !
Message 17 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1338 posts

Apr 26, 2007
LOL isnt it funny how Sony gives everything to members who are not as dedicated to others? I saw a guy when the last gap invites went out who didnt have anything registered and 2 post.

blazedgoldfish69 wrote:

"Hey lets say keep checking back and keep all the real fans busy while we send all the invites out by email to people with 20 posts and no PS3 registered."

Original 60GB PS3 dead
Second 250GB Slim in action

Playing a lot of FIFA 10 and MW2 right now
GT5 Hurry up please
Message 18 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
cce
Uncharted Territory
1665 posts

Apr 26, 2007

*Paulie* wrote:

blazedgoldfish69 wrote:

Yes I am not happy either.  I literally check that site 3 times a day waiting to sign up on the site.  I need a day to relax cause, right now I don't even want to look at my ps3.  I was really looking forward to testing out HOME.  I have owned a ps1, ps2, psp, and ps3 all on the date of launch.  There are other companies that don't make false sites that go for nothing.  Might have to check those OTHER companies out. 

your the kind they dont want it goodbye
Message 19 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3867 posts

Apr 26, 2007
you guys are so impatient!!!! When the invites are done being sent, the site will open. It's that simple, damn!!! I swear if I see another post like this one i'm going to go superhero samuri syber squad and beat the poster....
Message 20 of 23 (16 Views)
0 Likes