Treasure Hunter
3482 posts

Re: Be Real. Don't Lie To Your Friends.

Jan 11, 2014

Assuming all perverts on Home are male is kind of one dimensional thinking.

Look at all the stories that broke during the summer of female teachers being inappropriate with under age boys.

Unfortunately the behavior cuts both ways.

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 71 of 87 (420 Views)
Gaming Beast
1445 posts

Jan 11, 2014

LightningEmotion wrote:

torag365 wrote:

If your avatar is female, and you said that you are also a female in real life, perverts will harrase you more, since they will not afraid you will turn to be a male.

If your avatar is female, and you said that you are a male, less people will harrase you, and those who wanted to harrase you, will look for a different victim, and if the unfortunate new victim has less experiance than you with perverts, a disaster can occur.

In other words, it is better to keep your gender in secret, because in this way it is easier to get rid of them, and to keep them under control.

That's a silly thing to say. If playing as a female avatar (as a female human) in Home was so horrible, how come so many males are doing it (while also claiming they are also female, irl)? You are also acting as if "perverts" ,as you call them, are some omnipotent, unstoppable legion that will eventually consume your very existence.. There's annoying people all over the internet and all over Home. Just because someone irks you doesn't mean they are doing it because you are female.

Besides, I have female avatars try to flirt with me on Home and send me pictures of themselves.

The pain, the horror. ..

1. Some males are using female avatars, and also claim they are females in real life, to receive free gifts, redeem codes etc.

Of course, others are doing it for different purposes.

2.Many perverts are indeed cannot do much other than annoying, however some can be a threat to the community, of course depends who is the victim of the pervert. The dangerous actions can range from obscene video/ voice chats, to real life meetings.

3.In average, in an hour session in Home, 3-5 people try to flirt with me, after so many flirts, I do not afraid of perverts, they cannot harm me, because I do not come to date in Home, and I have aquired a lot of experiance, on understanding who is a pervert and who is not.

4. I never said playing with a female avatar is horrible, it has many advantages, and believe me you would not want all avatars in Home to be only males or females.

Join Our Groove Today, Please Press My Signature To Join!

torag365Signature

Message 72 of 87 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
965 posts

Jan 11, 2014

You need to broaden your thinking.

In PShome we do not have some very important information. The other persons intentions are not known.

At this point I think the conversation had moved more to freudian theory, than the trust between individuals.

I sense an instilled trust that is false, by holding players of a third person environment, to rules that only apply to a first person environment, those people become the betrayers. There has to be a predefined rule that states that one must comply with a set of rules, that simply doesn't exist. Those that have the first person ideology, are the guests in this environment. Those that are exclusive third person players, and created the account as a third person representation, are playing the game they came to play.

Assuming motives and using only your perception of what the other persons motives are, is a bias formed by your own self conscience and insecurities of your own inner self desires.

Would it be OK if a male, posing as a female, were to marry a female posing as a male?  (<-at southern island, but intent is present)

--The OP is "Be real, Don't lie to your friends" ,  Oh cool, I don't have any friends, so I can lie to everyone equally.

--The OP is "Be real, Don't lie to your friends" , The rules say be yourself, just don't share personal info, once again I get to lie as part of the rules and game.

--The OP is "Be real, Don't lie to your friends" , The only true way to be real is if you texture mapped your image and body proportions onto an avatar, forced a first person PoV on everyone, and the only time you saw your avatar, was when in front of a mirror. Include your criminal record and credit report too please.

As part of the rules, it is impossble to remove the "third person PoV", be understanding of the "First person" players that come in to PShome, they are our guests.

Message 73 of 87 (412 Views)
Fender Bender
1545 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I found a real easy solution to this problem - I DON'T ASK!! 

I take people at face value whether male, female, hamster, cat, Trash Can, Panda, alien or whatever they might be, I don't ask questions, Im not pushy and I don't invade their privacy.  If I like the person I see where the friendship goes and let THEM decide when they are ready to tell me about themselves.  Its really up to them, at their pace, if they do or don't it honestly doesn't matter to me as long as we enjoy each others company and have a good time :smileyvery-happy:

Edit:  I forgot to add Trash can and Panda :smileytongue:

This is one of the best posts I have read. Tsu you have captured the spirit of what Home is all about, at least for me.

Thank you for your excellent insight on how to handle diversity in Home. :smileyhappy: Mur

Posted Image
Message 74 of 87 (359 Views)
I Only Post Everything
720 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 11, 2014

I'm with MysticMur in that I second TSUNADE1224's post. That's generally how I treat people. If someone wants to be Godzilla... I'm not gonna question them.

The real issue seems to be the OP is really focused more on the MEN posing as WOMEN and not anything else and if that's your real concern, I have to question your motives. Because if it's just friendship and really nothing more, then you should let your friend tell you when they feel comfortable with you. They may be transgender or they may just prefer female avatars. But if that's too much of an issue with you, then it sounds like you developed more than friendship feelings for this person and were upset that they didn't turn out to be a hot female. So I have another question: What if they really are female but aren't particularly hot and good looking? or what if they're overweight. Would you still feel betrayed? And if you don't look and act 100% like your avatar and you're holding these intrusive standards to other people... then you're a hypocrite. Also, people seem to assume that if someone IS female that they're automatically going to be into guys.

Think about this... would really hot women be on Home looking for a relationship? Probably not. But if anyone's up for a game of Novus Prime let me know. :smileywink:

Message 75 of 87 (343 Views)
Fender Bender
2306 posts

Jan 12, 2014

Did I heard Novus-Prime! lol

Sadly i don't nearly as much as I wish I was anymore. Long story.

I too second Tsu post, but your's even more Sinister. Behind this "Be real" title hide something much ... sinister. :smileywink:

From many poster what I read is :Anything is fine but lying about your gender. 

I suspect these have other issues. Absolutely not related to PsHome. More against not beign "standard straight trueAmericains" Than anything about "being real", or honest.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 76 of 87 (314 Views)
Survivor
2039 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 12, 2014

Sinister...

Apparently, some people are still trying to make this a sexual-romantic issue. I dont know why you insist on doing so, when I have clarified several times, this was not the intent of my OP. Either that or some people misunderstood the context of the OP and are drawing their own conclusions. This is NOT about dating on Home, nor is it about becoming romantically interested in someone on Home. Stop trying to take it in this direction. I am making it a direct point to clarify this, one last time. For those who are gonna make it a sexual issue after this...Im just gonna laugh. LOL. Now...instead of trying to find an appropriate example, I will just quote the last paragraph I wrote, back on page 4. I assumed that paragraph was clear enough. Maybe not. I'll try again. 

"To clarify, my OP wasnt about dating on Home...although like I said, if the situation applies, so be it.

For example: Let's say you meet a new friend. That person approaches you in a female avatar and you talk a while. You conclude that you share the same interests and a friendship develops. Fast forward to 6 months later, and now your friendship has blossomed to include trust, loyalty and confidentiality. You now share some of your deepest thoughts, feelings and secrets with this person, including your personal life and so on. You have taken this person as face value and have taken their word on everything they have said, up to this point. You now believe 100% that this person is definitely who she says she is and you put your trust in that. Fast forward another 6 months later. It's been a full year and for whatever reason, this person decides to come out and announce that she...is actually a he. You feel betrayed, confused and deceived. You were lied to, for an entire year. This person is not who she said she was...and it kinda makes you wonder, what else has she (HE) been lying about. All the trust and respect you had for this person...is now gone, and even though you were JUST FRIENDS, you will never look at that person the same, ever again. Now you have to start all over with this person; rebuilding trust and respect, from the ground up. You have to think of this person and treat this person as a MALE, now. Which is very different from a female. You feel disgusted and wonder if it's even worth your time to rebuild a friendship with this person.

Do you understand what Im saying? It doesnt HAVE to be a dating situation. This kinda stuff happens on Home, quite often...and SOME people arent as forgiving as others. The OP is just there as a reminder to anyone out there, who might be playing these identity games...to be honest with your friends. Because once you start lying about who you are, you either have to maintain the lie...everyday, or come clean...and the longer you wait, the worse it's gonna be."

Furthermore, this was just an example...as was the OP. The varaibles could change to suit ANY situation, as it applies. It could be a female posing as a male or a male posing as a female. Goes both ways. I used male posing as a female, because THAT is more commonly found on Home. The whole point of the OP was not a judgement on ones avatar or their true gender, but the LIE that such people use to perpetuate a fraudulent identity. Now, some of you have said that you dont mind, either way. You prefer to wait until said person is ready to reveal such information, on their own terms...when they're ready. I get you. I understand that. However, not everyone is like that. For example, IM not the type to go a year thinking that a good friend of mine is a female, only to find out from this person or thru irrefuatable evidence, that she is actually a male....and just accept that. IM not the type to forgive and forget and just let it roll off me. IM the type that demands a certain truth and honesty UP FRONT, rather than feel decieved a year later. But, thats ME. I know everyone is different, in that regard. Different strokes for different folks. 

My point is, if you come to me in a female avatar...and you give off every impression you are indeed a female, you introduce yourself with a female name and constantly fabricate details of your life that would suggest you are a female....then THATS what Im gonna take you as. Thats the face value Im taking. First impressions are ever lasting, so when you come to me for the first time...be HONEST about how you choose to represent yourself, from the start...because if I find out that you've misled me or decieved me or lied to me about who you are down the road...I will delete you. Straight up. Im NOT playin with people who do this. Doesnt matter if youre a good friend, close friend, friends with benefits, lovers, boyfriend or girlfriend - WHATEVER YOU ARE. Be real, or get lost! 

LOL. I simply dont know how to make my self any clearer, than I already have. You either get it, or you dont. It's all in the OP...as long as you dont try to over analyze it or twist the meaning of the context. Thats all I have to say about it. For now...  ^_-

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Message 77 of 87 (310 Views)
Fender Bender
2306 posts

Jan 12, 2014

I have a question for you Shadow and please don't see any hard feeling behind it.

What if someone pretend to be.. let say a marine biologist or an architect. While they are not really.

Would it be different than hiding their true gender?

Not saying you think it is and I agree it was not what the OP specifically meant. But from what I read here. It seem to be the issue troubling some users more than anything else.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 78 of 87 (276 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
410 posts

Jan 12, 2014
Message 79 of 87 (127 Views)
0 Likes