Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

Re: Bad news for the sodium telepad...

Oct 4, 2012

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

The ability to glitch spaces has already been patched for the most part.  As far as I know, there are very few items that can be glitched out of a select number of locations anymore.  The Telepads mostly enable access to previously glitched items and places at this point.

Updating the Telepads is really just a big middle finger to many people who have exercised their creativity with some awesome "exterior" decorating over the years.  As Miss_Ann_Thrope said, it's the developers' prerogative to grant access to their products at they see fit.  I'm not going to whine, argue or petition anybody over the situation.

I've seen Dean's apartments and they truly are an artistic endeavour.  It would just be disappointing to see the hard work and creativity of so many users be stifled over something that's not even a problem anymore.  And likely, never really was a problem in the first place.

You have some very creative spaces as well. I sincerly hope all that effort won't be for nothing. 

Message 21 of 90 (404 Views)
Fender Bender
2542 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

X-MsLiZa-X wrote:

The ability to glitch spaces has already been patched for the most part.  As far as I know, there are very few items that can be glitched out of a select number of locations anymore.  The Telepads mostly enable access to previously glitched items and places at this point.

Updating the Telepads is really just a big middle finger to many people who have exercised their creativity with some awesome "exterior" decorating over the years.  As Miss_Ann_Thrope said, it's the developers' prerogative to grant access to their products at they see fit.  I'm not going to whine, argue or petition anybody over the situation.

I've seen Dean's apartments and they truly are an artistic endeavour.  It would just be disappointing to see the hard work and creativity of so many users be stifled over something that's not even a problem anymore.  And likely, never really was a problem in the first place.

You have some very creative spaces as well. I sincerly hope all that effort won't be for nothing. 

Thanks, Jo.  I'm almost beyond caring at this point.

Home is devolving into a series pre-hyped games that are either overpriced for what they are or barely functional within the constraints of the home platform/servers.  Or both.  I don't really spend much money on Home anymore so I guess I can't complain.

castle3
Message 22 of 90 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
10662 posts

Oct 4, 2012
You're still a worthy investor Liza, you've spent time and money in the application so you have right to complain and state your opinion :smileytongue:
New PSN ID for PS4: Redd-Axel

Come check out my Twitch TV channel, will be streaming various PS4 games from time to time http://www.twitch.tv/reddaxel
Message 23 of 90 (385 Views)
Sackboy
389 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Digitman3 wrote:

A bigger question though, is why?  They have already patched the ability to pop things out of your space, so why change the pads, if not to deny you access to your glitched area?  I don't see any other reason for this, and if this is the case, I'll have a real problem with it.

I just don't understand why these morons can't leave us alone, we're not hurting anyone.  :smileymad:  Dean 

Well we are lucky that SCEA is socially responsible enough to respond to questions and concerns from the community. I mean, if they didn't, they could have an F- with the Better Business Bureau and begin heavily suffering with sales...
...Wait a minute.

motherofgod.jpg
Message 24 of 90 (371 Views)
I Only Post Everything
546 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I admit my frustration here has a personal bias, since I had to get an all new laptop drive to put in this weekend because my current HDD is now turning full games into corrupted data. No small thanks to the several hard resets and cold boots I had to do because of the server freezing going on. But putting a carpet on the roof of a virtual house we were not meant to put stuff on? Can't have that now can we? :catmad:

Photobucket
Message 25 of 90 (367 Views)
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Oct 4, 2012

This is slightly off topic but I didn't want to create a new thread about it so I figured I'd ask here.....

Have the telepads been removed from the Japan store?

I wasn't able to find them last time I checked...

Thanks in advance for anyone who can provide some info.

---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 26 of 90 (360 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29222 posts

Oct 4, 2012

logicbomb_DE wrote:

This is slightly off topic but I didn't want to create a new thread about it so I figured I'd ask here.....

Yes they were removed from Japan. The redesign of the pads is a result of issue on the Japan Server that got some developers and the management team upset.

I don't think they've been replaced yet but this new design will most likely be put back in stores there when they are ready. 

Message 27 of 90 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
118 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

logicbomb_DE wrote:

Yes they were removed from Japan. The redesign of the pads is a result of issue on the Japan Server that got some developers and the management team upset.

I don't think they've been replaced yet but this new design will most likely be put back in stores there when they are ready. 

Oh okay,  thanks Joanna ^_^

I was hoping I could cheat and spawn a telepad beyond the locked gate at the Granzella Tea house apt without having to grind for point to buy that tea pot...

Oh well.

Thanks for your help!

---------------
It's not enough to leave this falling kindly
You burn my star down twice as brightly
It's just your half light undertow
But if you need forgiveness....
...I don't know
Message 28 of 90 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1927 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

logicbomb_DE wrote:

I took a video of one of the devs that had a fit over this, I wont mention his name.............  What a baby..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Message 29 of 90 (321 Views)
I Only Post Everything
816 posts

Oct 4, 2012

logicbomb_DE wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

logicbomb_DE wrote:

Oh okay,  thanks Joanna ^_^

I was hoping I could cheat and spawn a telepad beyond the locked gate at the Granzella Tea house apt without having to grind for point to buy that tea pot...

Oh well.

Thanks for your help!

Don't quote me on this since I haven't confirmed it, but I heard from someone else that Granzella already has included some prevention measures on what your trying to do.

Message 30 of 90 (292 Views)
0 Likes