Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 29 2014
By: aquaman00 First Son 2 posts

7 replies 378 views Edited Dec 29, 2013

Would anyone know of the processes and needed steps I should take if I want to make my avatar look like a celebrity or fictional character. I desire to make my avatar resemble Don Draper from Mad Men, but all my attempts are fruitless. If anyone has any advice or support, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 8 (378 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4410 posts

Re: Avatar Character Customization

Dec 29, 2013

Welcome to the Forums.

I would suggest taking a pic of him and put it next to your tv and use the adjustments as much as possible to get it like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 8 (376 Views)
Fender Bender
2412 posts

Dec 29, 2013

aquaman00 wrote:

Would anyone know of the processes and needed steps I should take if I want to make my avatar look like a celebrity or fictional character. I desire to make my avatar resemble Don Draper from Mad Men, but all my attempts are fruitless. If anyone has any advice or support, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I don't know who Don Draper is but the advice given of putting a picture (or pictures) next to your TV is a good idea.

In addition I would suggest look for features he has either physical or clothes he wears and try to emulate those. 

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 8 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Tranny made an avatar on the main account that looks like The Walking Dea's Daryl Dixon. Trick to making a celebrity avatar is simple enough in terms of similar hair and clothes. Facial features though can be a bit challenging.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 8 (345 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2631 posts

Dec 29, 2013

:^/ The two features that most strongly define a face are the hair line and the jaw line. If you can get those down, you've captured a likeness. Other features are secondary.

That's why the Lone Ranger's mask wouldn't work in real life. If a celebrity like Jay Leno or Bill Clinton wore such a mask, nobody would be fooled.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 8 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3685 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013

aquaman00 wrote:

I'd suggest you search for a specific hairstyle or outfit unique to the person you're making, as those features will help make or break your character. With the avatar creation in Home, it's pretty challenging to create accurate facial features -- but you can get pretty close depending on the person you're making.

Personally I love challenges and it's fun to test my own creative abilities whether I fail or succeed. After a quick Google search of Don Draper I found the actor (Jon Hamm) and figured I'd give it a try; though I've never really tried creating celebs on PS Home. I'd love to see your attempt at creating him on Home. I'll share mine below!

My attempt at creating Jon Hamm -- I'm sure others could do better:

Jon Hamm PSHome Avatar Attempt.jpg

* I'm sure I could make it look closer to the actual person with time... but I did this just for this thread.. not gonna spend all night, lolz! Hopefully you can create an avatar you're happy with!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 8 (295 Views)
Survivor
1289 posts

Dec 29, 2013

I print several pictures of the person from different angles and have them in hand.

I also put then on my ps3 in large photo frames and stand my avatar next to them so I can measure the angles of the cheeks and chin and mouth and eyes etc.

We are limited with what we can do with the facial features, but I've been able to get fairly close. (That is after trying several different heads and what features they come with, the nose being the most difficult.)

Of course then it is a matter of finding the hairstyle and clothing that is suitable to whatever character you are trying to copy.

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 8 (228 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 29, 2013

I've got my computer with me, and I've been using the advice by comparing my creation with the pictures of Don Draper/Jon Hamm. It's looking ok, and I appreciate the advice that everyone is giving me.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 8 (211 Views)