Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
3455 posts

Re: Aurora Blimps

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

I too had a problem with the orb runner game when I finished collecting orbs, it added my XP then it didn't give me the continue option and my avi got stuck at the area where they put the FUBAR game, costing me time.  The place looks nice but it does present more of a challenge when collecting orbs (maybe that's the point).  I can't provide much feedback as far as the blimp game goes since it seems its still at its beginning stages. 

I opened this thread to see if anyone else was having the same issues as I am.  The Devs want our feedback and all we want to do is provide them with said feedback.  My intent is not to offend anyone, I just want to find help and or the answers I'm looking for.  What I'm trying to say is, that it doesn't help me when I have to go through pages of just unnecessary commentary bashing to find out if this is a known issue or am I an isolated incident.  I grow more and more weary of the forums as I see this behavior getting worse.  I hope Joey can look into this for me, I'm at level 92 and I would like to be able complete the orb game. :cathappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 67 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

We certainly haven't taken anything away, as far as I'm aware the orbs are totally random so the lack of Neon orbs for you Maxx must just be down to bad luck.

I was planning on passing this thread over until this comment. The orbs are not "totally random", and never have been.

Each of the bonus islands has an individual static orb pool value of 400, split up among all orb types, meaning each time you play OrbRunner you will never receive more (or less, totally) than 400 points per telepad island, 1200 if you hit all three telepads. Sometimes you'll get clean islands with no Vengeance/Freeze or Teleports and get a quick 400, sometimes you'll get a few chasers that ruin your life (the pool seems to avoid more than 4 bad orbs per island as far as I can tell, but teleports are not included as "bad"), or sometimes you'll get a swarm of teleports (worst I've seen is 6 on one island). This is fine and should remain unchanged, but is brought up as part of the point.

From what I can tell, each of the main islands also have individual static pools, but I haven't gone so far as to confirm values (or if they are indeed static). Before 1.6, this wasn't really a problem, except when a Gold or Neon spawns stuck in a tree root or the Espionage kiosk or just out of reach on a root or in the weeds, but since 1.6 this makes orb dispersal much thinner. Sure, getting rid of the weeds behind the OMG Trap-O-Matic made it easier to get a Kinetic that might have previously slipped into them, but now there's more total room for the entire pool to spawn, making it substantially harder to get points from the central island, you can forget scoring on the FUBAR island (ironically named here) considering the impassible objects and Kinetic orb movement, and as stated the huge (though honestly awesomely designed) Xi island makes it difficult to plan a run. In my opinion, to compensate, either the central island's pool should be inflated, or should consume most or all of the FUBAR island's pool (leaving it either orb barren or speckled with a couple white orbs as a decoy).

As for the original subject of Blimps: I like the premise, and I'm fine with the one-off XP boost (as long as it's clearly stated in the purchased blimp's description), but I'd like to see it become a little more competitive. Does anyone remember Saucer Pop when it was in Central Park for a while? I don't know who developed it, but I was sad when it didn't become a permanent fixture of Home. I'd like to see Blimps eventually turn into something like that.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 67 (276 Views)
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Hey Tsunade,

When you say your Avi got stuck was that you just couldn't use the teleporter or it just froze (and you didnt pick up one of the freeze orbs)? 

Always goign to be little issues so if I can do anything I will.

There are still people getting some decent high scores and yes the new layout is going to cause a few issues for people who had their set tactics for getting over 1600 in the last game. Ithink you will see Orbrunner evolve over the next iteration or two of Aurora to keep it fresh and mix it up a bit as apart from the layout I don't think too much has changed with it.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 67 (275 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3455 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Hi Joey

My problem was, theres like little buildings/crates or something on the floor, I was manuvering around them to collect orbs and was stuck,  lol.  Kinda like when you get stuck behind a piece of furniture, I kept trying to wiggle my way out but i couldnt so i just exited the game and started over.  Thanks for the reply :cathappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 67 (264 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Oct 4, 2012

ah ok, I think Azure's idea of leavingthe FUBAR island alone is a decent one when orb running, unless there is a helathy collection at the front of the island.

An Azure, thanks for the lesson! I just chatted to the coder who designed orb runner and most of what you says is correct! I still have stuff to learn!

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 67 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Oct 4, 2012

nDreams_Joey wrote:

ah ok, I think Azure's idea of leavingthe FUBAR island alone is a decent one when orb running, unless there is a helathy collection at the front of the island.

An Azure, thanks for the lesson! I just chatted to the coder who designed orb runner and most of what you says is correct! I still have stuff to learn!

senor joey - can you put machine guns on the blimpz? It makes it eazier to shoot down the other blimpz. gracias! :robothappy:

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
"Happy, happy, birthday! Don't let the name fool ya!"

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 67 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Oct 4, 2012

First, i'd like to say that i really enjoy the new layout for Aurora.  I discovered that the blimp game is really fun the more players that you have, and i am really glad i don't have to collect anymore XP at this time...seems as if it just got harder. But, I also had problems with orb runner yesterday.  Yesterday was suppose to be my victory celebration; I was 99 needing 1500 xp for my 100.  However, I went to my island and played the shooting game for a total of 2000 xp, which would have taken me over, but it  wouldn't give me the circle or the x button options to continue over.  I tried again 3-4 hours later, and hooray! I got my wings.  What I didn't get was the champion apartment, which i have been anticipating for the last couple weeks.  lol.  Does anybody have info on that?  Do I have to collect it somewhere? should it have automatically been given to me?  Will it show up today when i log on? 

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 67 (235 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Hi Balmoris,

Congratulations on becoming the newest member of the 100 club!

It should be rewarded to you like any other reward, you would need to go to your apartments in the navigator and it should show up there. If it's not there when you log in later let me know and I'll investigate.

Joey

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 67 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1445 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 4, 2012

Hi Joey, the new aurora design is great! Even though I reached 100 last September, I always come back during each Aurora update to check it out! I really hope there's a new level cap and new rewards soon, so I could get back into orb running and defense daily again.

I'm really loving the concept of Blimps. I love blimps in general, and the designs are cute. I think with added rewards Blimps could be great!

My only problem with the game itself is the fact that we are restricted to a box. I'd love to be able to fly all over Aurora skies and explore the islands in a blimp!

The pets are very nice for the most part. I picked up the watermelon one, but was disappointed in the size. Could you please make them bigger? And yes it can be done, as Juggernaut upgraded the size of their Battlebots pets a couple of weeks after they came out.

It would be greatly appreciated and I'd probably end up buying more blimps! Also it would help justifying the higher price tag for those of us at level 100 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 67 (211 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Oct 4, 2012
thanks, i'll do that. it will be later on this evening bfore i'm able to get to it. but, i will definitely let you know.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 67 (196 Views)
0 Likes