Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
7856 posts

Re: Aurora 1.7 Update March 27 (new level cap, rewards, boosters)

Mar 20, 2013

No comment Joey?. I'm fairly certain that Orb Runner lost a great many fans with the decision to go this route. Let's hear the positive spin on this though I doubt many of us will buy it sir.

Message 11 of 217 (515 Views)
Gaming Beast
1464 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 20, 2013

The new level cap is great, finally something daily to do again! Also love the attractor and repeller permanent items, especially the bad orb repeller, I've been wanting something like that since it started in 2011. Also this finally gives me an excuse to buy the auroralite flying contraption!

I won't be purchasing the consumables though, I never have and never will purchase consumables for anything except GZ tickets and peakvox labs/ninja. I have no interest in the leaderboards, and neither do any of my friends or anyone I know personally, but the consumables are just a bad idea all around and apparently most people feel this way as well judging from the reactions on here. 

I got excited  when first  skimming through and saw the more time/double orbs bonuses, thinking they were permanent upgrade items, then saw "consumables"...:smileyfrustrated:

Anyways, I also hope the new rewards are good, and NEW, not just reskins or recolors of past items...in fact, I may have  to wait to see the rewards before buying anything else besides the bad orb repeller, as I already have the hoodie , neon goggles and all aurora defense related items.

Message 12 of 217 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Mar 20, 2013

More bad news:

D-Nitrate wrote:

nDreams_Joey wrote:

The apartment is connected so it will all be included in the 100 slots. I still think that the design of the apartment all the spaces will allow people to have a great looking apartment without feeling like they need more slots for this.

This is terrible news - and clearly nDreams did not learn from Heavy Water's mistake regarding their Avalon Keep expansions, and sales of these extensions will likely suffer because of it.  I certainly wont be purchasing them now.

This is another example of what happens when companies do not pay attention to what their customers and potential customers have been saying... For a long time now.

100 slots is simply not enough for spaces with expansions, each needs to be treated as it's own space with it's own 100 slot limit... Or raise the slot allocation per space - which Sony has already said they have no plans to do - so it's up to the developers to work around it by making large spaces into separate spaces.  After all, it takes very little time moving from one space to another.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 13 of 217 (487 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Mar 20, 2013

It's 7:30 PM in Farnborough. They probably sent the message before leaving for the night. Give him a break.

I think it's funny that the "fans" of this awful game are whining about the expense when it's your own fault. You asked for more levels and more content. You bought the tacky crap to level up (several of you purchasing upgrades across multiple accounts). If you hadn't taken that pointless leaderboard so seriously, this wouldn't have happened.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 14 of 217 (485 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9437 posts

Mar 20, 2013
Ughhhhhh I just completed Aurora in full YESTERDAY and removed it from my faves.
The trap o matic skateboard was the last reward I needed after completing everything else possible there. I was overjoyed at the idea of no more dailies. *shakes fist at Ndreams* oh i will never shake you Auroraaaaaaaaaaaa lol
Support Forums
Message 15 of 217 (483 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1157 posts

Mar 20, 2013

It's a video game, dude. If you aren't having fun, play something else.

Gamers are the worst f*cking people. ~ Phil Fish

Message 16 of 217 (473 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2949 posts

Mar 20, 2013

woo, time to go back to aurora :smileyvery-happy:  i hope the repeller and attractor looks good, if they do ill have a higher chance of buying them :smileytongue:

BEWARE OF THE SPEEDING WHITE SAUSAGE!!!!!
mercia comic here --> http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home-General/duty-to-the-spirit-mercia-comic/m-p/37428903/thread-id/1089731/highlight/false
Message 17 of 217 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9437 posts

Mar 20, 2013
@SDC if you meant me I do play for fun my post wasnt actually complaining. I welcome the new 20 levels and with the upgrades I already have probably wont take that long to finish again :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 18 of 217 (461 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1445 posts

Mar 20, 2013

I suspect those bogus scores we've been seeing recently were the result of some of these items being tested.

The permanent attractor and repellent items I'd probably purchase on one account anyway, maybe more, but with consumables now in the mix needed for a leaderboard score, I'm certain I won't be buying anything.  I'll sometimes start upwards of 50 games after reset, often quitting due to lousy layouts, and there's no chance I'm going to spend money on a possible crappy layout just to have to quit.

Thanks nDreams.  You really screwed the pooch on this one.  :smileymad:  Dean

Posted Image
Message 19 of 217 (437 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

Mar 20, 2013

You'd think they'd be interested in keeping their hard core orb runners happy. Sadly it appears that isn't the case.

I've personally done all my orb collecting without buying anything other than the personal space so I could do defender. I don't expect to be doing anything different once the new levels are introduced. 

Message 20 of 217 (431 Views)