Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 06 2012
By: mcgowan025 First Son 5 posts

Attention Edo

9 replies 370 views Edited Nov 6, 2012

Granzella did an amazing job with Operation Defend Edo. I'm sorry to say that after learning how to nearly master the cyclops massacre - I want more and more and more and more!

I've blinded your cyclops, I've closed your umbrellas. I've sliced your goblins and wrecked your walking toilet as both ninja and samurai. I've taken your photo challenge and scooped your gold fish. I sweat out my frustration on your practice pole. I still have more rewards to collect however, when I've finished the space entirely, I want to put my premium blades to better use than bragging rights.

The eight player group operation is perfect, it's up to us to keep our teams from getting killed. Although, what I'd really like to see, is a way for us to battle our friends and determine who is better - the ninja or the samurai.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (370 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Re: Attention Edo

Nov 6, 2012

I've never heard of this title but it sounds AMAZING!  More details please?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
127 posts

Nov 6, 2012

i agree. they need to hurry up & open the 2nd mission already

Opinions here do not express those of SONY &/or its' affiliates
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (327 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Nov 6, 2012

On your navigator, search for the "Edo of Nippon" space if it is available within your region. Picture a very sandy space with a bunch of Samurai and that should be enough to help you find this space under the explore function. When it loads walk to the opposite end of the space and you'll see an alley on the right. Turn into that alley then make a left and you'll find a practice pole where you will be rewarded a bamboo stick. This bamboo stick can be used to play the Defend Edo game however the stick is very, very, very weak against enemies.

I'd suggest having a home user show you where the Defend Edo "individual battle" is within the space, however, there are blue and red boards by a samurai type (a perpetually standing NPC) - he appears standing by the boards, arms crossed and a bit giddy.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (324 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 6, 2012

GreenWolfKnight wrote:

I've never heard of this title but it sounds AMAZING!  More details please?

The poster speaks of the demon killing game in the Edo lounge otherwise known as Edo Mononoke, there are to be 3 versions of the game and an optional upgrade of a Samurai ghost to be your killing partner. However in JP we have only seen 2 versions of the game with the second only appearing for a short time before it was pulled. There has been no news on an update for JP in a long while so we may not see anything until next year as it is, but what we have seen has been awesome. Start grinding for points there as you'll need them eventually when the rewards get an upgrade. 😉

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (319 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Excuse my ig'nance.

What on homeEarth am I supposed to do with the points I collect defending edo from the umbrellas, goblins and toilet?

I would hope this space gets regular updates in the N.A. region - it's very popular with the anime fans.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Nov 6, 2012

Thx people, never heard about it in Home.  Granted, i'm not there as often as I should be but...

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (310 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Nov 6, 2012

mcgowan025 wrote:

Excuse my ig'nance.

What on homeEarth am I supposed to do with the points I collect defending edo from the umbrellas, goblins and toilet?

I would hope this space gets regular updates in the N.A. region - it's very popular with the anime fans.

The old woman near the entrance to the game gives rewards from the points you earn in game, we should have a whole slew of new items coming and some that are there now act as a power up in game. We should see miniatures of the Edo buildings and even a sword for game play. 😉

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Nov 8, 2012

Dammit, looks like it's unavailible in my area... WHY SONY!!??

Oh well, have fun, and here's hoping it becomes availible globally

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
443 posts

Nov 8, 2012

GreenWolfKnight wrote:

Dammit, looks like it's unavailible in my area... WHY SONY!!??

Oh well, have fun, and here's hoping it becomes availible globally

It's available in all regions. Did you check the Great Edo of Nippon lounge? The "Operation Defend Edo" game can be accessed at the end of the street of that lounge.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (176 Views)
0 Likes