Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
32903 posts

Re: Assassins Creed 3 and Liberation

Nov 13, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

TitusF wrote:

Well, I think that's just half the battle for getting such content. It would help out more if you guys also requested the content on behalf of those in the Home community seeking ACIII content.

Thank God I'm not the only one on this forum who sees this. I think Ubisoft will listen to the guys waving money in their face and offering to team up to make content, rather than a bunch of us asking for stuff. That's how I see it at least. 

ive been saying that for years.

the Home team needs to get someone whose sole job is to contact and get game developers to provide content. :smileyvery-happy:

the lack of game content in Home is saddening. id say the ratio of game content to non-game content is probably 30/70. sad considering Home is on the PLAYSTATION 3.

on somewhat off-topic note, i wonder if the reason for LucasArts pulling the plug on Home content was due to the Disney buy out. perhaps they will start providing content again. who should we contact to ask, LucasArts or Disney? :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

Message 21 of 29 (143 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 13, 2012

KarateChampChad wrote:

TitusF wrote:

Well, I think that's just half the battle for getting such content. It would help out more if you guys also requested the content on behalf of those in the Home community seeking ACIII content.

Thank God I'm not the only one on this forum who sees this. I think Ubisoft will listen to the guys waving money in their face and offering to team up to make content, rather than a bunch of us asking for stuff. That's how I see it at least. 

They are selling bundles of Home content for 30 and 50 dollars. I'm not proposing that Ubisoft or Capcom or whoever do that per se but the point is that there is MONEY TO BE MADE in Home and many of the professional game developers don't seem to know that. How much does dlc run for a game – 15 dollars? Sure lots more people buy the dlc but they can still make money here selling costumes and the like.

Seems to me they need to be encouraged to bring content to Home and the Home Team needs to try and foster that. I know it may not be easy for them and we can help by asking but it shouldn't be the primary responsibility of the Home user to be asking for that content.

We used to have it. Something happened. Look at the beautiful lounges we had with games like Resident Evil, Sully's Bar, Ratchet and Clank and more. EA built a Sports Complex and left. For some reason and I suspect it's money those game developers decided to stop considering Home as an option for them.

The sad fact is that we as gamers do not have those games that really mean something to us here in Home anymore be it Final Fantasy costumes, Sheva and Chris, Helena and Leon and so on. They should be here and they aren't. Very disappointing.

Buying games with unlockables in Home is a great concept. Playing games in Home with unlockables in Game is also something that needs to be done as well. It's been done before. We just aren't seeing it anymore.

Message 22 of 29 (137 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

KarateChampChad wrote:

TitusF wrote:

They are selling bundles of Home content for 30 and 50 dollars. I'm not proposing that Ubisoft or Capcom or whoever do that per se but the point is that there is MONEY TO BE MADE in Home and many of the professional game developers don't seem to know that. How much does dlc run for a game – 15 dollars? Sure lots more people buy the dlc but they can still make money here selling costumes and the like.

Seems to me they need to be encouraged to bring content to Home and the Home Team needs to try and foster that. I know it may not be easy for them and we can help by asking but it shouldn't be the primary responsibility of the Home user to be asking for that content.

We used to have it. Something happened. Look at the beautiful lounges we had with games like Resident Evil, Sully's Bar, Ratchet and Clank and more. EA built a Sports Complex and left. For some reason and I suspect it's money those game developers decided to stop considering Home as an option for them.

The sad fact is that we as gamers do not have those games that really mean something to us here in Home anymore be it Final Fantasy costumes, Sheva and Chris, Helena and Leon and so on. They should be here and they aren't. Very disappointing.

Buying games with unlockables in Home is a great concept. Playing games in Home with unlockables in Game is also something that needs to be done as well. It's been done before. We just aren't seeing it anymore.

I have wrote on both the Forums here, and at Ubisoft, I have also wrote to Ubisoft...DIRECTLY. Yet as sad as it is, I think that since I am only A GAMER, not a someone in the community or someone in the INDUSTRY, my words have all gone by the wayside. I do think we need someone asking both the developers and the companies themselves for Home content for us gaming fans.

I'm not saying that it's impossible, or that we ( the community) are not willing to do what it takes, but someone needs to hear us, and listen to what we are requesting. I agree fully, that these developers and companies, should be made aware of the potential income they have waiting for them. Not only that, but the interest it can generate for the Home community as well.

How many more people would we be able to get in our community as active members, and have them contribute and continue to help Home grow, as a platform for meeting fellow gamers and making new friends?

I wasn't setting out to start a debate with this, nor was I looking for someone to do it for me, like I said...I have writtem both forums and the company itself. I just don't think that my words alone will do much. I thank you all for contributing, and especially you GW. I know you care for us all, and for the content that we do enjoy on Home, Lord knows I buy enough of it....lol.:smileyvery-happy:

Message 23 of 29 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Nov 14, 2012

Haem, guys, ask content relative to games AFTER the release is a total waste of time! why?

coz games studio see Home as a promotional platform ONLY, and you ALL must surrender to the EVIDENCE: game industry DON'T NEED HOME TO SELL! they invest their advertises on other medias coz the return of the home investissement is negligeable or worst, negative!

How many proof do you need after 4 years of existence? major game studio desert home! spaces are removed and none new content replace them!

where are EA? CAPCOM?SQUARE ENIX?ALTUS?UBISOFT?NAMCO?and many other? what stuff release KONAMI?RAVER?is it a game?the lone content we get is from studios belong to sony and since uncharted3 what space we had from them???

HOME IS NO LONGER A GAMER PLATFORM! it has his own developpers (LKWD, NDREAM, GRANZELLA, JUGGERNAUT,etc)

when a studio want to invest in promotionals stuff they choose other more rentable way, think at an obvious thing: where is based HOME? on a PS3 , what is the target of the studios? GAMERS! where gamers are touched by ad in mass? home? ho men...NO! TV, IGN, EDGE,KOTAKU,GAMEKULT...

Home users are gamers (some of them!^^) wy ubisoft make twice advertise budget for ps3?their goals is to SELL their GAMES & DLC, not outfits for HOMERS!

trust me, all these companies ever work with HOME in past years, if they choose to not renew their contract its for a simple reason: $!

so, forget to ask in suggestions thread content for games that are already release since months, its a waste of time! and accept wat home is becoming, it's NOT a platform for GAMERS even if gamers use it! just use your eyes and have a look round you...

Message 24 of 29 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Nov 14, 2012

SORROW-83 wrote:

Haem, guys, ask content relative to games AFTER the release is a total waste of time! why?

coz games studio see Home as a promotional platform ONLY, and you ALL must surrender to the EVIDENCE: game industry DON'T NEED HOME TO SELL! they invest their advertises on other medias coz the return of the home investissement is negligeable or worst, negative!

How many proof do you need after 4 years of existence? major game studio desert home! spaces are removed and none new content replace them!

where are EA? CAPCOM?SQUARE ENIX?ALTUS?UBISOFT?NAMCO?and many other? what stuff release KONAMI?RAVER?is it a game?the lone content we get is from studios belong to sony and since uncharted3 what space we had from them???

HOME IS NO LONGER A GAMER PLATFORM! it has his own developpers (LKWD, NDREAM, GRANZELLA, JUGGERNAUT,etc)

when a studio want to invest in promotionals stuff they choose other more rentable way, think at an obvious thing: where is based HOME? on a PS3 , what is the target of the studios? GAMERS! where gamers are touched by ad in mass? home? ho men...NO! TV, IGN, EDGE,KOTAKU,GAMEKULT...

Home users are gamers (some of them!^^) wy ubisoft make twice advertise budget for ps3?their goals is to SELL their GAMES & DLC, not outfits for HOMERS!

trust me, all these companies ever work with HOME in past years, if they choose to not renew their contract its for a simple reason: $!

so, forget to ask in suggestions thread content for games that are already release since months, its a waste of time! and accept wat home is becoming, it's NOT a platform for GAMERS even if gamers use it! just use your eyes and have a look round you...

Well, let me see, my post here was after the release. A valid point, HOWEVER...My post to Ubisoft, and my letter to them, were both during the pre-order phase. So, as it would have it, I did ask the developer for this Home content before the games release.:smileywink:

Message 25 of 29 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Nov 15, 2012

GOODY_2_SHOES_23 wrote:

Well, let me see, my post here was after the release. A valid point, HOWEVER...My post to Ubisoft, and my letter to them, were both during the pre-order phase. So, as it would have it, I did ask the developer for this Home content before the games release.:smileywink:

no offence GOODY, but who are you? you realy think than UBISOFT have to built home stuff just because YOU ask them? and-justfor the case - home stuff are build by internes home studios (heavy water for exemple) and buissness take a lot of time, even ask during a pre-release is too late! and you must create a real LOBBY of consumer , whith menaces to boycot the game to force ubi or whoever developpers to take their attention on home, but you and me are adults, we perfectly know that's a sweet dream!

just study the fact, just take a  look at the evolution of home: Since how many time a non-affiliateto sony developper built a space or sell us a large amount of heroes'clothing/stuff? RE6? AC3?BF3?BlackOps2?FF13-2?

far of me to discorage your hopes, but the facts are on my side and you will can tweet or email devs thousands of time, they haren't interested in home potential (caught) anymore!

Message 26 of 29 (72 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29231 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2012

You have to wonder why though. If they don't make lounges I can understand they certainly take a lot more development time. But costumes and other items shouldn't be that much effort in comparison. 

Perhaps the amount of money they can make  just isn't worth it for them. On the other hand you would think that at least the Sony owned properties could be encouraged to contribute content. We did get a very nice lounge and rewards in the Uncharted 3 game space. 

It's simply sad that Home which is supposed to be a service where "gamers" can get together to meet and talk with other "gamers" about the games they love has simply evolved into the games that are made exclusively for Home. 

Not something that makes me happy and I'm not alone. 

Message 27 of 29 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
364 posts

Nov 15, 2012

agree joanna, i just paint a constat,not said that all these changes in home politics make me happy...

Message 28 of 29 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Alright, so now we get to the root of it, and somewhat off the topic as well.  I am not arguing with either of your points, they are well made, but I do need to point out the origianal post I made. I was not asking to get Ubisoft to make Home content right now(after release), I was asking why they can't or won't , and to see if there were more people out there like me who wanted it.

I believe we now have our answers, there are alot of us, who feel as if Home has become commercial. I have some friends, who will remain nameless, who have given up and deleted accounts because they don't care for the direction it's going. I am getting off of the original topic tho, which is to ask who (besides me) would like to see game content in Home and more Assassins creed / Ubisoft content.

Please forgive my side track, and again, I am not arguing with the statements made. I agree, but Home, is what we make it...so the question is...what do we do about it?:smileyindifferent:

Message 29 of 29 (46 Views)
0 Likes