Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
447 posts

Re: #AskLKWD - Flawk Fridays

Jun 13, 2014

TURKEY-LlPS wrote:
Melissa, do yourself and Lockwood a favor. Axe this Flawk nonsense. It is tacky and not a good way to communicate to the *whole* Home community. All that show up are the losers without friends to go out with on a Friday night.

Awww… who's feeling all grumpy Gus / negative Nancy today? It's okay, the rest of us who actually find Flawkday beneficial will have another wonderful time, thank you very much.

As for being here instead of going out on a Friday night, you do realize you've got zero conception of event times, right?. In Europe, where Lockwood is based, the event occurs at 4:30p, so a bit early to be going out. And there's more than enough time afterwards to make a fab night of it for those so inclined.

In North America where many users are also based, it's much earlier — 8:30a (on the West coast! where I'm based) to 11:30a (East coast) — and hardly anyone would be starting their Friday night here THAT early. Especially when most everyone else they know is likely still just waking up or at their work or whatnot for most of the day.

So there. Phooey.:smileyhappy:

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

— Sterling Malory Archer

Sent via my BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…
Message 81 of 159 (784 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9378 posts

Jun 13, 2014

twas another fine morning waking up to the Flawk crowd :smileyhappy:

We had a great meetup and got some questions answered by our new host

Remember guys this is every second week and the more the merrier. Tell your friends to come on by next session as it really is a fun way of getting together and finding out some info straight from the source.

See you all at the next AskLkwd :smileyhappy:

Support Forums
Message 82 of 159 (765 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4711 posts

Jun 13, 2014
Would anyone who attended this morning care to share some of the highlights with us?

Message 83 of 159 (759 Views)
Wastelander
447 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

StephieRawks wrote:
Would anyone who attended this morning care to share some of the highlights with us?

NO!

Well… oh, okay, just because it's you…  :smileyhappy:

Nothing too mind boggling in my opinion Stephie, and the time just flew by really quickly… and my fingers really lost their ability to spell (the Force — I mean coffee — was just taking a bit long to flow through them earlier).

They showed off a really cool trailer for some upcoming Steampunk items (which I missed first time around due to a badly-timed forced Flash update), and made some of us hungry with their Cucumber Kitchen Sets!

Actual questions were about Avakin (supposedly still going to be linked to the PS4 at some point - possibly - if I understood that correctly); more Drey/Foal stuff; nothing really for Sodium expansions (*sigh*); and the expected non-answer to mine regarding Lockwood's hearing of ANYTHING regarding more clubhouse slots from Sony after they'd swiped up all five existing ones (slightly off topic, folks, from a different-yet-related thread: yes, big surprise, I'll always miss her too…). Oh, plus one asking about those mysterious platforms in Dream Forest and whether those pathways will ever be opened (the official answer was "no", but I already sent her full instructions on how to get there… :smileywink:). Um, know I'm forgetting some… anyone else care to add?

And again Stephie, you can follow along on your iPad… it works great if all you wish to do is read along and watch the videos. Unfortunately, you still can't type anything yet. This week, Flawk actually managed to get to the proper Twitter authorization screen to enter your ID/PW for login, but it then choked again on the actual authorizing process afterwards. *UGH* But at least it's getting there… tho a bit slowly. Er, at least it's better than not being able to see it at all, right? Give it a shot next time, you never know… may actually be able to login (or not, most likely)!

C'ya!  %^))

— Sterling Malory Archer

Message 84 of 159 (740 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9378 posts

Jun 13, 2014
@BaronBrain regarding Avakin on Home, my question was 'will Avakin be ported to the ps4 or other consoles' or something similar. From what I remember to clarify was Louise asked the Avakin director and was told that it cannot be a disc based game as they update Avakin too frequently and always will have to so that's not an option. We didn't delve too deeply on other options but I mentioned running it on Steam. Other than they were considering it, we didn't dwell much on it.

@StephieRawks I had to run out to the store mid way so I missed a few questions but from what I remember (was still waking up tbh) was

- new rewards coming for Lockwood life
- life level cap eventually raised to 30
- no plans to increase life xp needed between levelling up
- club slots are up to Sony to raise the limit of
- more sodium clothes coming in the future
- more drey coming
- blimp idea came from lkwd's desire to create a flying space
- etc

We were shown a bunch of very well done promo vids from Home & Avakin and were going to get a special sneak peak preview but unfortunately proved too long to upload so we will get to check it next Flawk session or via Facebook in the future.

There may be a new GM coming and we were polled if we would like to see a new design scheme or stick the same but with new content. New design won, and it may be in the pipeline sooner than we imagine :smileywink:
Some others may want to rehash other topics I am missing as I was *also* late showing up lol :/

Show up next time and bring everyone you know! It really is fun and also you could score some GM tokens if your question gets asked by the group :smileyhappy:
Support Forums
Message 85 of 159 (726 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4711 posts

Jun 13, 2014
Thanks for the recaps, BB and pistolero!

Unfortunately, I'm a nocturnal insomniac, so 8:30am just doesn't work for me since I'm (usually, hopefully) in bed by then, but it's great that Lockwood interacts with the community regularly anyway! And BB, I don't have an iPad, just an iPhone.

Message 86 of 159 (711 Views)
Wastelander
447 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 14, 2014

Thanks smooooking! And you're welcome Stephie! (Whoops, sorry, I should have said iDevice… it's the same on both). Know what you mean about the hours, I'm usually nocturnal myself, and nearly always just getting to sleep in the morning hours..

Anywhooo, that was the rest! At least, what I recalled. I was a bit back & forth here while Avakin was discussed, but I do recall Louise saying "no disc" based on the need for frequent updates. And the Steam…

The rest you listed was right on target from what I recall + what you just rejiggered. I must remember to ask the status of those "forthcoming" LKWD Life extra XP opportunities… first were told they're coming, now…??? Confused a bit.

— Sterling Malory Archer

Message 87 of 159 (707 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9378 posts

Jun 13, 2014
I am left a bit confused by the answer to the Dream Forest (lack of) additions myself. Back when Tim worked for Lockwood, he had mentioned they would be extending that rope bridge that jjust stops, at a later date but now it seems there will be no updates to it. I was waiting on them to do something with that before making a purchase in honesty :smileysad:
Support Forums
Message 88 of 159 (693 Views)
Uncharted Territory
778 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 13, 2014

I thought that LKWD was going to expand the Dream Forest space to allow access to the platforms at some point but during the Flawk I believe it was stated that there are no plans to do that for now. Or did I not read that correctly?

EDIT: Lol, pistol, are you reading my mind?

"He's but one man. One man alone cannot fight the future."
-Conrad Strughold, The X-Files

Home-Brainiac-Winner-Ren_Echo.gif

Message 89 of 159 (693 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9378 posts

Jun 13, 2014
smokingecho!
Support Forums
Message 90 of 159 (835 Views)