Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
3274 posts

Re: Are you done with Home?

Nov 17, 2013

Nope! I paid for the movie. I'm here until the finishing credits have rolled.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 31 of 145 (476 Views)
VP of Gaming
25923 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 19, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

So I ask, are you just done with PS Home completely, or are you still here?

I am still very active in Home. And I have no reason to leave. There are tons of games that I enjoy in Home. Including the people.

As I've mentioned before, Home is the type of virtual world that I've wanted since my Commodore 64 days. So why would I leave it?

I will be getting a PS4. Why? I'm a gamer. And the PlayStation brand has always had the games and franchises that I fully enjoy. I certainly hope that Home will show up on the PS4, but if not, that won't be a reason for me not to have it. My PS3 and PS4 will sit side by side under my television. Just like my original PS sat next to my Sega Genisis system so many years ago.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 32 of 145 (473 Views)
Fender Bender
2138 posts

Nov 18, 2013

I myself am still active in Home, even on my EU acct. I will continue to use Home until Sony announces the plans on the future of it. I have plans on getting a PS4 when a store has one in stock lol and i will use both systems one for Home and ps3 gaming and one for PS4 gaming.

My purchasing on Home has dropped dramatically but not due to Home not being on the PS4 but because the content hasnt been to my liking.

Keep in mind that Home wasnt on the PS3 until 1 year after it was released so i am going to go with this being the same logic for the PS4.

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 33 of 145 (440 Views)
Sackboy
300 posts

Nov 18, 2013

I haven't been on home very long .. i enjoy meeting ppl ..i'm canadian so i get to meet ppl from everywhere .. form members are quite amazingly kewl ppl.. i bought a ps4 for my son.. home is not on it so i didn't get one ..but i understand others do... expensive paper weight i call it because i'll loose friends to it.. if ur on one usually it says ur off line.. but for me i'll enjoy my ps3 ..it still has that new smell. gl to those on ps4's i'm not going anywhere .:heart:

Message 34 of 145 (427 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5429 posts

Nov 18, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

Also, I've seen less content getting published in Home, less people, and less posts in this forum.

That's because all the wanna be's, attention seekers and self proclaimed funny people have moved over to the Off Topic forum. Shall I name names? Didn't think so, it's pretty obvious.

Actually, this forum has been quite peaceful rather lately. It reminds me of a time before the forum went down hill. I rather like it.

Message 35 of 145 (407 Views)
Welcoming Committee
758 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 18, 2013

I agree.

HomeHomeHomeHomeHome
Message 36 of 145 (383 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4486 posts

Nov 18, 2013
(On mobile)

CMC, so you like it when this forum is not having many discussions? Well, you're right at a certain point. It's more peaceful and not so many troll threads and complaints. But no one was posting anything this weekend. Probably a few new posts each 2 hours. It'd be a shame to see this forum be inactive and abandoned. Sure, peace is good, but sometimes, you just can't have too much.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 37 of 145 (339 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1349 posts

Nov 18, 2013

[Okay this is kinda long. If no one wants to read this, I can understand, it's cool. But I gave an honest opinion, and as we all know on this forum; the word "honest" is a synonym for Negative. Enjoy :smileyvery-happy:]

I have to thank this forum for one thing. If I didn't participate in this forum like I used to I would never have realized that Sony had given up on PS Home over a year ago. Nor would I have noticed the steady descent in quality and morality with the content.

Home itself , to me, was a poison. A mental poison. A world where anyone can look beautiful and be seen as such. Where anyone can live like a millionaire. It sounds like a juvenille thing to say; but for a lot of people, even though they will never admit it, Home is addictive because it can be an escape from their real lives. Not in the way you think...  but an escape from a life where they are unattractive or have repugnant personalities. Now they can look "perfect" (as far as perfect goes in Home ,anyway) and have the vain, cocky attitude to go right along with it. For those people, the idea of Giving up on PS Home means giving up on that illusion and going back to their mundane realities.

But alternatively, I can't even blame the users in that regard. Just take a look at the majority of questionable new content. It's almost as if the content in Home is specifically designed to breed that type of elitist behaviour and mentality. For example, just take a look at some of the more ridiculous drama-scenes on Home and to a lesser extent, this forum. People thinking they are more important than others (they aren't) and they deserve better (they don't!). People thinking if they are personally insulted, wronged or offended, then the "offender" should be punished.

I don't know about anyone else, but upon realizing this predominately-held attitude was the norm in PS Home .. I just decided to leave. But if I had to blame some entity for making me want to give up on Home. I'd blame the content creators for catering to the narcissitic aspects of common Home-user's personalities , and I will also blame SCEA/SCEE for not maintaining some type of standard or non-elitist environment on PS Home.

PS Plus symbols near IDs, Customizable hair colors only for PS Plus, More text color chat options for people with PS Plus, Exclusive public spaces with "holding" areas where the common people can watch the VIP people from afar. Not only do the people who don't have access to those exclusive features feel inadequate and pressured to buy stuff they probably wouldnt want otherwise but the people who did have access to the exclusive features would act snobby about it. Like a cloud of noxious gas , this attitude permeated the very essence of PS Home, turning it from a social environment for gamers into a cesspit of revoltingly shallow pretentiousness, superficial patronizing, and festering oceans of self-pity and victim complexes. 

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Message 38 of 145 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1702 posts

Nov 18, 2013

Until reality becomes as good as Home it will take an act of God to get rid of me.

Message 39 of 145 (324 Views)
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Nov 18, 2013

No, I will not leave home until the last server is shut down. That does not mean I will rush out and buy a PS 4 though. There are other consoles I have not bought when they were new, and they have a good selection of games I may get. I will also look for a home alternative that might be around a while. I have been a faithful user of playstation for years. It might be time to move on once home is gone. In truth, there has not really been a new console game that I have wanted to buy in years, and I don't stay up all night with an assortment of snacks around me and a strat. book near by, so I don't miss anything.

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 40 of 145 (316 Views)
0 Likes