Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Online
7532 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

I appreciate your reply and the manner in which you did so Tempest. It at least conveys a tone of respect for the community and is contrary to the "we take a hands off approach and it doesn't affect our profits" stance that I was led to believe was the standard operating procedure. While you did a fine job in explaining the differences between SCEA and SCEE as well as what some of the CMs roles with Sony include, the underlying questions/concerns do not seem to have been addressed. Namely:

 

1. Who is "in charge" of Home these days?

2. Who has the responsibility of communicating with the community? 

3. Why does the community have to "force the CMs hand" in order to get such a response?

4 .Who does moderation answer to?

5. Why are some privy to information and have a rapport with staff while the vast majority do not?

6. Will you promise to improve communication in the future and if so, how?

 

I have so many more but I'd be pleasantly surprised with an answer to half of these questions and I believe many others would also. 

 

You are correct in stating that we have a vibrant forum community. In many ways it takes the burdens off the staff a bit and I'm sure the HCvs help in this aspect as well. There are times however when it's apparent that ONLY a CM could speak to a particular issue. Forced spaning comes to mind. We were never accurately told why. Threads were created...turmoil ensued...speculation and rumors and in-fighting. Was it too much to ask for the staff to shed some light on such an issue? Who else could address it?

 

Polls are well and good to some degree, but there again I see little staff interaction. These are 3rd party products for the most part that the polls involve (the occasional Home event thrown in). Apart from setting up the poll and creating a thread for feedback,  any issues that arise are the problem of the developer, are they not? Feedback and interaction from the developers is a most welsome addition, but it is not a substitute for the staff's direct involvement with us.

 

I was always taught that it's easier to keep an exisiting customer happy than it is to gain a new one. Some will get disgruntled and take their leave. In the short term, I'm sure this impact will be negligible, in the long run, it will be felt. It's naive to think that new users will simply replace the old and will expect less.

 

You've measured the profitability of staying clear of us...of staying silent. It was a gradual drop off in communication though as I saw it. Perhaps you should measure the profitability of being actively engaged...of being out and among us to promote your product and the community that supports it. These forums are your official means of communication yet WE the forum members are your voice with little to no guidance from the likes of our staff. Please help us out here.

 

 

 

 

Message 71 of 189 (418 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Online
7532 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 30, 2012

I apologize for the double post but I realized that I did not touch on one issue that I had intended to. What purpose do kudos for staff and moderation serve? As I see it, they do more harm than good. People Kudo out of spite or to try to ingratiate themselves with the "higher ups". It generally just leads to resentment when in fact, these are people who are to remain impartial are they not?

Message 72 of 189 (412 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/23/2003
Offline
5092 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

myalana wrote:

I apologize for the double post but I realized that I did not touch on one issue that I had intended to. What purpose do kudos for staff and moderation serve? As I see it, they do more harm than good. People Kudo out of spite or to try to ingratiate themselves with the "higher ups". It generally just leads to resentment when in fact, these are people who are to remain impartial are they not?


You must be quite the mindreader, to be able to know why someone else chose to give a kudo.

 

You look at the world and you only see spite, brown nosing and resentment? Aren't others allowed to have their own perceptions? Aren't others allowed to speak for themselves?

 

And btw, Moderation isn't tasked with communicating with the public. Just pointing that out.

Message 73 of 189 (354 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Online
7532 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Nov 30, 2012

Aeternitas33 wrote:

myalana wrote:

I apologize for the double post but I realized that I did not touch on one issue that I had intended to. What purpose do kudos for staff and moderation serve? As I see it, they do more harm than good. People Kudo out of spite or to try to ingratiate themselves with the "higher ups". It generally just leads to resentment when in fact, these are people who are to remain impartial are they not?


You must be quite the mindreader, to be able to know why someone else chose to give a kudo.

 

You look at the world and you only see spite, brown nosing and resentment? Aren't others allowed to have their own perceptions? Aren't others allowed to speak for themselves?

 

And btw, Moderation isn't tasked with communicating with the public. Just pointing that out.


What evil lurks in the heart of men....

imagesCA2EQNMU.jpg

 

You are correct, I am NOT a mindreader but at times, one hardly need be. When a squabble ensues and moderation steps in to lock the thread and one party kudos the mod for that action, that may be viewed as spiteful. Moderation was merely doing their job. There are other examples, but I'll leave you to make what you will of it.

 

I believe asking who moderates the moderators is a fair question. We are asked to pm moderation about matters at times, is it not fair to wonder how a particular issue stands?

 

I'll give you a kudo and leave you to wonder why.

Message 74 of 189 (331 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/20/2006
Offline
4375 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 3, 2012

myalana wrote:

I appreciate your reply and the manner in which you did so Tempest. It at least conveys a tone of respect for the community and is contrary to the "we take a hands off approach and it doesn't affect our profits" stance that I was led to believe was the standard operating procedure. While you did a fine job in explaining the differences between SCEA and SCEE as well as what some of the CMs roles with Sony include, the underlying questions/concerns do not seem to have been addressed. Namely:

 

1. Who is "in charge" of Home these days?

2. Who has the responsibility of communicating with the community? 

3. Why does the community have to "force the CMs hand" in order to get such a response?

4 .Who does moderation answer to?

5. Why are some privy to information and have a rapport with staff while the vast majority do not?

6. Will you promise to improve communication in the future and if so, how?


You won't get any answers to these questions myalana any more than I will get answers to the questions I posed on the previous page.

This thread has already gotten it's token response without substance from an official.  A reply that in effect said nothing.

We won't be getting another, and certainly won't be getting one that addresses the direct and relevant questions you and I posed.

 

 

 

.

 


 


 


 


Be One With The Game.

Message 75 of 189 (267 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/24/2010
Offline
80 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 3, 2012

I think that the PS Home Staff and Moderators in general should just limit themselves to talk the minimum to maintain a satisfactory environment within PSN in general because video gaming is a popular hobbie that people practice to have a lot of fun and was not designed for PS Home Staff and Moderators to develop an ulcer in the stomach attending issues of misconduct associated with PSN users that do not know how to play video games to have fun. :cathappy: 

 

 

      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"A LOVELY PSN PLAYSTATION HOME BUG STUFFED PIZZA FROM SWAT THAT FLY PIZZA DELIVERY JUST FOR ME"!!!
Message 76 of 189 (248 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29198 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 3, 2012

OrionAngel wrote:

I think that the PS Home Staff and Moderators in general should just limit themselves to talk the minimum to maintain a satisfactory environment within PSN in general because video gaming is a popular hobbie that people practice to have a lot of fun and was not designed for PS Home Staff and Moderators to develop an ulcer in the stomach attending issues of misconduct associated with PSN users that do not know how to play video games to have fun. :cathappy: 

 

 

      


I know our staff is really busy given they just don't do Home anymore. On the other hand it's easy to get a bit jealous looking at the level of communication at places like the EU forum. One can hope we'd get more two way communication. The community certainly would love it.

 

Message 77 of 189 (238 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/07/2011
Offline
66 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 3, 2012

i think there is little communication between the staff and home community and that there is a whole lot of room for more of what we are getting now.

 

 

 

FiRe_AnGeL_ElitE.png

 

 

 

 

 

 

Message 78 of 189 (219 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4245 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

Dec 3, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

OrionAngel wrote:

I think that the PS Home Staff and Moderators in general should just limit themselves to talk the minimum to maintain a satisfactory environment within PSN in general because video gaming is a popular hobbie that people practice to have a lot of fun and was not designed for PS Home Staff and Moderators to develop an ulcer in the stomach attending issues of misconduct associated with PSN users that do not know how to play video games to have fun. :cathappy: 

 

 

      


I know our staff is really busy given they just don't do Home anymore. On the other hand it's easy to get a bit jealous looking at the level of communication at places like the EU forum. One can hope we'd get more two way communication. The community certainly would love it.

 


Except for the fact that it would take less than a minute to reply, especially seeing as how very specific questions have been asked in this thread alone, but instead of answerring any of these questions, as Sarge said, we were given a statement/excuse saying they have been busy this last week... But the problem with that is all of these questions about issues with Home and complaints about the lack of communication from the Hoe staff have been around and unanswered for over a year now!!!

 

Not only that, but Tempest Fire managed to find the time to finally respond to this thread, and still managed to not answer ANY of the questions about the issues with Home, and left us saying they would check through the thread and try and answer "other" questions later that day.... That was almost a week ago...  

 

Frankly, I suspect many of us would be OK if they can't "fix" many of these outstanding issues in Home if they would at the very least clearly inform us why they can't fix these issues.  Instead their silence just causes more and more anger and frustration among their customer base.

 

If Home fails, at this point I would place total blame on this to the unbelievably poor management of Home and their inexcusably bad level of communication with their customers to answer questions about issues with the service, and this thread is just more proof on just how bad the situation has gotten.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 79 of 189 (192 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/22/2009
Online
29198 posts
 

Re: Are We Happy With The Level of Communication From Our Home Staff and Moderation?

[ Edited ]
Dec 3, 2012

As I've indicated they certainly get better communication in the EU. The decision to communicate more here isn't ours to make sadly. That's a given. It would certainly be nice to have someone more directly responsible for communicating with the community here on the forum as is Mia_Hall in the EU.

 

It's been a constant issue. Nothing really is new in that regard. The bottom line as many have indicated is that they would certainly love a higher level of interaction. For whatever reason we aren't getting it.

 

We certainly appear to have more developer interaction given the many developer who participate on the forum. The only developers I've seen on the EU forum is Joey from nDreams and Digital Leisure if I'm not mistaken. There could be more given I've only recently started spending time there again. Developers certainly aren't SCEA. We rarely get developer interation from them as well.

 

 

Message 80 of 189 (180 Views)
Reply
0 Likes