Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
861 posts

Re: Anybody's Storage Fixed Yet?

Mar 26, 2013

I guess misery loves company. The only good thing about it is they'll be more inclined to fix it if there's a bunch of people with the problem. My furniture appears to be fine, but clothes will only save newly purchased items. I just cleared cache, so we'll se if it "takes" this time. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 47 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
9125 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Not entirely fixed. Certain times my items still jump back and forth between storage, but the more annoying error for me that many may not notice is the ORDER of my favorites (in wardrobe & furniture) switch around everytime I login despite me saving them purposely in a certain way, and some faves dont stick. :/
Better than it was but still not back to 'optimal'.
Slooow Home is also sloooow
Support Forums
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 47 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5001 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I don't know about Wardrobe yet haven't even messed with it... Last i knew item's u had in storage keep returning to regular area...

I do know one think thoe about the Portables area it sure isn't fixed for that i know for a fact of... If u put a Pet or LMO item into storage go back later and it's back in the main Portables again like u never put it into storage to begin with... So this is one area that needs a fix for sure!

PS4 is out... And there is NO Playstation HOME on PS4... Shame Sony!!!
-
DCS 5yrs Playstation Home Anniversary (Feb 2009 - Feb 2014)
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 47 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1317 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I finally reorganized my wardrobe and furniture, No problems so far for the last 3 days. I guess only time will tell. 

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 47 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Mar 26, 2013
Yeah, I've re-organized my clothing and furniture multiple times. Every time I hear it's fixed in someone else's for days now. Never seems to work for me or others I know.

I know it needs to be reported, once again, and I'll do that, once again. ; )
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 47 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

Mar 26, 2013

boxer_lady wrote:
Still waiting......

I have collected quite a large number of inventory items since

day one of Open Beta.

Some on purpose and some forced upon me when

entering a new space. T Shirts etc.

My storage is going crazy. Inventory goes into storage and out

of storage randomly  with no controls to stop it.

I have tested my other accounts with less inventory.

No problems.

I hope they fix this soon!

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 47 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4211 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

danofsteel wrote:

boxer_lady wrote:
Still waiting......

day one of Open Beta.

No problems.

The funny thing is they never did fix this issue.

It was discovered a few weeks ago by someone on the forum that they noticed that after they moved everything back into storage that got tossed out of storage, when they restarted Home and opened their wardrobe, it was different items being tossed out of storage.  So then what they did was they would keep putting everything in storage and restart Home and then put those items that got moved out of storage back in.  Rinse and repeat and eventually, once all your items have been automatically moved out of storage are manually placed back they stay there.

So for instance, if you have 2,000 items, then it will take 10 times (200 items per reset) of restarting Home and moving everything back into storage for all those items to stop getting moved out automatically.

The reason many new users, less active users, and or alt accounts did not have this issue to begin with is they didn't have any, or very little items in storage to begin with.

The reason many long time users still don't have their storage issue fixed is that they likely have thousands of items, and also have not been manually moving EVERYTHING back into storage each time they log into Home.

I had my doubts, but I followed their example and sure enough it worked like a charm and I reported my findings on this forum as well.

What appears to have happened with the 1.75 update is that it wiped out the location data for all of our items, and thus was "trying" to place ALL of our items out of storage... But because the limit is 200, it had to put everything else back into storage.  Now once you manually move those 200 items back into storage, those 200 items now have their proper location data updated.

Now when you log back into Home again, the process starts over, except for the 200 items you manually moved to storage.

For me, it took a lot of restarts and moving 200 items at a time into storage to finally fix my storage issues.

Also, unfortunately, due to the fact that Sony STILL has not added a 2nd storage folder that doesn't act like a spill over, now trying to find items I want to use, especially Torso and Ornaments, can take several minutes of loading dozens of items in order to try and find the one I'm looking for, and to organize my items out of storage the way they were before.

Bottom line is that there was no miracle fix that Sony finally got around to doing.  It is just a matter of how many items you have, and how long it takes you to move all of them manually back into storage (max 200 at a time), and thus have each of their location data properly updated.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 47 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
55 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

danofsteel wrote:

boxer_lady wrote:
Still waiting......

day one of Open Beta.

No problems.

The funny thing is they never did fix this issue.

It was discovered a few weeks ago by someone on the forum that they noticed that after they moved everything back into storage that got tossed out of storage, when they restarted Home and opened their wardrobe, it was different items being tossed out of storage.  So then what they did was they would keep putting everything in storage and restart Home and then put those items that got moved out of storage back in.  Rinse and repeat and eventually, once all your items have been automatically moved out of storage are manually placed back they stay there.

So for instance, if you have 2,000 items, then it will take 10 times (200 items per reset) of restarting Home and moving everything back into storage for all those items to stop getting moved out automatically.

The reason many new users, less active users, and or alt accounts did not have this issue to begin with is they didn't have any, or very little items in storage to begin with.

The reason many long time users still don't have their storage issue fixed is that they likely have thousands of items, and also have not been manually moving EVERYTHING back into storage each time they log into Home.

I had my doubts, but I followed their example and sure enough it worked like a charm and I reported my findings on this forum as well.

What appears to have happened with the 1.75 update is that it wiped out the location data for all of our items, and thus was "trying" to place ALL of our items out of storage... But because the limit is 200, it had to put everything else back into storage.  Now once you manually move those 200 items back into storage, those 200 items now have their proper location data updated.

Now when you log back into Home again, the process starts over, except for the 200 items you manually moved to storage.

For me, it took a lot of restarts and moving 200 items at a time into storage to finally fix my storage issues.

Also, unfortunately, due to the fact that Sony STILL has not added a 2nd storage folder that doesn't act like a spill over, now trying to find items I want to use, especially Torso and Ornaments, can take several minutes of loading dozens of items in order to try and find the one I'm looking for, and to organize my items out of storage the way they were before.

Bottom line is that there was no miracle fix that Sony finally got around to doing.  It is just a matter of how many items you have, and how long it takes you to move all of them manually back into storage (max 200 at a time), and thus have each of their location data properly updated.

Hey D

I am glad that you were able to solve the problem.

If it is an inventory quantity issue, this should be

addressed by Sony.

I believe that  most long term users will eventually

hit high inventory counts that causes storage issues.

Gives us a switch to turn off auto storage features. That

might solve the storage shuffling problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 47 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

Mar 26, 2013
The only thing not working for me is, my hands in wardrobe. It won't save everything to favorites. It was save some but my golden penny keeps bouncing back to storage under hands.

I've deleted Home and cleared my cache. Hands is the only thing messed up for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 47 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
626 posts

Mar 26, 2013
@ D-Nitrate. Ok, I'm one of those that has literally thousands of items in furniture and wardrobe, respectfully. I'm trying to follow what you are saying to do cause I'll give anything a try.

So what I think you are saying I need to do is; Log on Home, Go to my Furniture folder and place every item into storage that is not there already. Then, when I log off Home and log back in, there should be different items in my Furniture folders. So, again, I take everything out of those files and place each item back into storage, log out, and repeat this procedure until, hopefully at some point all items will stay in my storage. (Granted, I can only do this 200 items at a time.)

Then everything will go back to normal?
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 47 (67 Views)
0 Likes