Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1094 posts

Re: Am i wasting my money?

Dec 28, 2013

I think this thread got a bit derailed.  So many of you angered so easily by those of us who answered "yes" to the OP's question.  It was an honest question.  Deserved honest answers.  Home was better before when it was more about socializing with other gamers and playing games as opposed to now where there really are no actually gamers on home and you have to pay MORE to play most of the games on there.  OP, spend you're money if it makes u happy.  Just don't throw it all away like most of us have.  And don't let others pressure you into buying stuff you don't enjoy.  Home's all about buying popularity these days.  Everyone treats noobs like they're trolls because they don't spend money.  Personally, I find that wrong, but thats what it comes to. NO you're not wasting if it makes YOU happy.  But mostly YES.   And you people are silly comparing home to food, and physical things.  You don't need home to live, and nothing you buy here will last more than a couple more years, at most.  

~~~~~~~~~ Show No Fear - Fortune Favors The Bold! ~~~~~~~~~
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 63 (263 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8619 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

xfisticuffsx wrote:

I think this thread got a bit derailed.  So many of you angered so easily by those of us who answered "yes" to the OP's question.  It was an honest question.  Deserved honest answers.  Home was better before when it was more about socializing with other gamers and playing games as opposed to now where there really are no actually gamers on home and you have to pay MORE to play most of the games on there.  OP, spend you're money if it makes u happy.  Just don't throw it all away like most of us have.  And don't let others pressure you into buying stuff you don't enjoy.  Home's all about buying popularity these days.  Everyone treats noobs like they're trolls because they don't spend money.  Personally, I find that wrong, but thats what it comes to. NO you're not wasting if it makes YOU happy.  But mostly YES.   And you people are silly comparing home to food, and physical things.  You don't need home to live, and nothing you buy here will last more than a couple more years, at most.  

If you read the OP's topic it sounds a little negative and you have to understand in fanboyworld they can't have anyone say anything on the negative side of Home.  They just won't stand for it! 

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I just bought a Starbucks Coffee... yummy. Oh what a waste of money... it's all gone now. :smileyhappy:

You do know your body needs water/liquid in order to survive?  That money that you spent went to prolonging your life in a delicious caffeine way.  When you buy somthing in Home it does not prolong your life in any way.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 63 (248 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29047 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

You do know your body needs water/liquid in order to survive?  That money that you spent went to prolonging your life in a delicious caffeine way.  When you buy somthing in Home it does not prolong your life in any way.

I can drink water. It's free. I don't need to spend money at Starbucks. I certainly don't need a lecture from you Mr King on how to spend my entertainment dollars. I'm certainly not surprised YOU DON'T GET IT. The fact of the matter is when one spends money on anything be it a movie, a video game, dinner out at a 5 star restauraunt, coffee at Starbucks, the ballet (ever try a ballet), the Symphony (bet you might enjoy that too... never know), a hockey game or football game and more they are electing to use their entertainment dollars as they see fit to enjoy themselves.  That applies to Home purchases as well.

Home if anything has more long term potential for entertainment enjoyment because the purchase can be used many times. 

The OP is certainly entitled to ask the question but only the OP can decide if spending money on Home related items is worth it for him.

Oh and expressing one's point of view here by the way (be it that it may not necessarily agree with yours) doesn't make them a fanboy or fangirl. Give that worn out tactic of yours a rest already. Lots of great responses in this thread. 

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 63 (230 Views)
Survivor
1837 posts

Dec 28, 2013

xfisticuffsx wrote:

Side tracked maybe. Derailed? I don't think so. Some discusions were not exactly on topic but related to it. Thats just what it is, a discussion.  

Just because someone answer is notyour opinion. Doesn't mean it's not honest.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 63 (170 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1289 posts

Dec 29, 2013

King0fHearts2007 wrote:

xfisticuffsx wrote:

If you read the OP's topic it sounds a little negative and you have to understand in fanboyworld they can't have anyone say anything on the negative side of Home.  They just won't stand for it! 

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

I just bought a Starbucks Coffee... yummy. Oh what a waste of money... it's all gone now. :smileyhappy:

Dude, you gotta learn how to be more slick that that..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 63 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2842 posts

Dec 29, 2013
If you see it as entertainment and fully understand what you're paying towards then no you haven't wasted your money. If you see it as an investment in any shape or form (this includes expecting some sort of guarantee on it's longevity) then you might have wasted your money.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 63 (140 Views)
Fender Bender
2413 posts

Dec 29, 2013

Bradley_Davis129 wrote:
As many of you know I just got a ps3 again and have been spending money on new one items like crazy. My question is how long will home will be supported on ps3? What if it releases on ps4 and they just shut down ps3 next month. I plan on keeping my ps3 till the 2nd generation ps4s come out and I want home to at least last that long to.

No one knows except maybe SONY as to how long HOME will be supported on the PS3. And maybe SONY doesn't know. EIther way so far SONY isn't saying.

If HOME is released on the PS4 that would make some people happy, maybe a lot of people. Or maybe a few. Maybe it wouldn't work on the PS4. As to shutting down the PS3 next month, that doesn't seem to be likely. 

Keeping your PS3 till the 2nd generation PS4s come out sounds to me like a good plan.

I'm only giving opinions because I know nothing on what SONY is going to do. Wait and see and post away. The silence here is deafening. 

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 63 (134 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Dec 29, 2013
@ ALIEN
Don't go making a blanket statement for everyone! i do buy some things on Home, but am a cheapskate who will ask friends if I could check it out first, and prefer to focus on getting free stuff instead. I have bought some things on this account, but most of my items are things I have been rewarded. I haven't bought anything at all on my EU account, and am determined to keep it that way. EU has some different rewards I like, so feel it will be easy not buying anything on that account.
Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 63 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 29, 2013
@ Kid_Fleetfoot
If you look at the history of the PS2, they kept that going for a long time after PS3 was released, and that is still going on with PSP/Vita. That is where I feel Sony is smarter than other system makers; imo Sony does support the previous system longer when a new one comes out. Also, new rewards and purchases keep being released. I would guess that activity would slow when they start looking at taking Home down.
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 63 (109 Views)
Lombax Warrior
79 posts

Dec 29, 2013
Yes, if you see money come out of your wallet and not return back
-you wasted your money.
Stan: So we're just gonna let other kids decide which game system we all play on? What would they do on Game of Thrones? What would they do when things look their darkest?
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 63 (103 Views)
0 Likes