Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Re: Am i wasting my money?

Dec 28, 2013
No one is happy with the things they buy on home. If they were happy they wouldn't feel the need to buy more things to replace the stuff before it. The happiness you feel is a spending habit. It's a problem. Face it, most of the stuff we have bought over the years sits in storage. The excitement comes from the initial purchase of that "neat" new item which then fades away the next day or sometimes hours later with buyers remorse.

Try to realize that all these things are fake items that don't make you popular with stuck up internet personalities and that they all add up to thousands of wasted dollars that could of been spent on better real world things like food, clothes, family outings, a gym membership...
ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 21 of 63 (342 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 28, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:
No one is happy with the things they buy on home. If they were happy they wouldn't feel the need to buy more things to replace the stuff before it. The happiness you feel is a spending habit. It's a problem. Face it, most of the stuff we have bought over the years sits in storage. The excitement comes from the initial purchase of that "neat" new item which then fades away the next day or sometimes hours later with buyers remorse.

Try to realize that all these things are fake items that don't make you popular with stuck up internet personalities and that they all add up to thousands of wasted dollars that could of been spent on better real world things like food, clothes, family outings, a gym membership...

Tranny thinks you sound kind of gloomy.

Message 22 of 63 (339 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
320 posts

Dec 28, 2013
I don't care, you're just an attention craving alt account that talks in 3rd-person.
ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Message 23 of 63 (336 Views)
VP of Gaming
26571 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

And/or books, movies, magazines, comic books, cigarettes, booze, drugs, hookers, gifts for friends, donations, food...

Certainly what they give us can be just as fake or real as your short list?

Basically anything we spend our money on can be considered a waste. We should just do what we feel is right for us and forget what anyone else may think, and spend or not spend as we choose.

In the end, it's up to the individual to decide if his or her money had been wasted on purchases made in Home (or anywhere for that matter). 

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 24 of 63 (333 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3456 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

Spending excessive money on things to make ones self feel better is nothing new and not a Home issue.

It's a personal one.

Whether it's spent on virtual items or real world items it's pretty much amounts to the same thing.

Some  folks also try to make themselves feel better and be popular in the real world by spending vast amounts of money on things like Designer Clothes, fancy Sports Cars and posh homes.

The only real difference in my opinion is at the end of the day I can turn off my PS3 and not have all the items I've purchased actually sitting and taking up real world space.

Some of the things I buy on Home.  I wouldn't  buy in real life. It's just not practical.

Things done in moderation are not necessarily always a bad thing.:womanhappy: 

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Message 25 of 63 (316 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 28, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:
I don't care, you're just an attention craving alt account that talks in 3rd-person.

Tranny thinks you're an attention craving anti-Home troll. And you said you don't like the 3rd person speak, well that's tough. Get used to it.

Message 26 of 63 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1420 posts

Dec 28, 2013

Black_MagicWoman wrote:

Spending excessive money on things to make ones self feel better is nothing new and not a Home issue.

It's a personal one.

Whether it's spent on virtual items or real world items it's pretty much amounts to the same thing.

Some  folks also try to make themselves feel better and be popular in the real world by spending vast amounts of money on things like Designer Clothes, fancy Sports Cars and posh homes.

The only real difference in my opinion is at the end of the day I can turn off my PS3 and not have all the items I've purchased actually sitting and taking up real world space.

Some of the things I buy on Home.  I wouldn't  buy in real life. It's just not practical.

Things done in moderation are not necessarily always a bad thing.:womanhappy: 

Oh I don't know about that one.

I would love to be able to shut off my ps3 and tadaaaa ........ have some of my cool items actually show up in my real world space.

I would have the time of my life playing with all my LMO's and riding all my cool stuff, pretending to be a cat for a day..... take a walk along my beach....... go sledding at my Hollyridge estate........ yep that would be fabulous! :smileywink:

Oh and to be on topic, well I am of the sentiment that whatever money I spend on Home I enjoy. I don't think it is a waste of money. Heck I have real life "stuff" I have bought like clothing, that once I got it home, I never ever wore it and finally gave it away, tags still on them.

So much of what we spend money on in real life is expendable. I enjoy a good cup of tea, but once it is consumed, I don't cry about it being gone as I enjoyed every drop.

That is what home is like to me, I am going to enjoy every last drop of it until it is gone. (Or moved to the ps4 which is what I choose to believe).

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 27 of 63 (280 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1523 posts

Dec 28, 2013
Thanks for the replies now. Also tranny got swag why do you talk in third person? Lol we know your tranny no need to say your name in front of every sentence.
Goodbye home
Message 28 of 63 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 28, 2013

If home shut down next year. Can we still have access to our personal spaces and purchased items disconnected?  We should be able to download all the items to PS3 hard drive. Why we have to play home connecting to network?  

Message 29 of 63 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4543 posts

Dec 28, 2013
If home shut down, you wouldn't get on it..

If you don't like home and criticize it but you're still spending money on it, then you're wasting money or you're a hypocrite. But if you enjoy it, you're just fine.

<

photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

Welcoming Committee   

Message 30 of 63 (243 Views)
0 Likes