Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
48 posts

Re: Am i wasting my money?

Dec 28, 2013

If home shut down, Does that mean there will be no more updates but keep server running like Japan home, or they shut servers down?

Message 31 of 63 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1882 posts

Dec 28, 2013

^^ Usually when people talk about "home shutdown" then mean server being shut down and essentially. Death of Home.

That said. A "on PS3"  version of Home. Kinda like other games with players lobby had been suggested. I don't see that happening at all. But we can alwyas hope.

co-founder
The Black Hat Squad/Black Hat Squadron/Novus Black Hats
Novus international elite force
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 32 of 63 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 28, 2013

If home shut donw, we should be able to keep our purchased items and play without connecting home. Why we have to connect to server to play?

Message 33 of 63 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 28, 2013

Conrad_Max wrote:

ALIEN-gunner wrote:
Try to realize that all these things are fake items that don't make you popular with stuck up internet personalities and that they all add up to thousands of wasted dollars that could of been spent on better real world things like food, clothes, family outings, a gym membership...

And/or books, movies, magazines, comic books, cigarettes, booze, drugs, hookers, gifts for friends, donations, food...

Certainly what they give us can be just as fake or real as your short list?

Basically anything we spend our money on can be considered a waste. We should just do what we feel is right for us and forget what anyone else may think, and spend or not spend as we choose.

In the end, it's up to the individual to decide if his or her money had been wasted on purchases made in Home (or anywhere for that matter). 

Can you resell Books, movies, magazines, comic books, booze or hookers?  Yes, yes, yes, yes and YES!!!

You also get something of value from everything you listed...  Think about it...

Books = knowledge

movies = entertainment, knowledge and wonder

magazines = knowlege

cigarettes = lung cancer

booze & drugs = happy feelings, high

Hookers = Good times, AIDs, herpes and anaI warts

Gifts for friends = friendships

donations = hope

food = life

Home really does not give you any of that...  :smileysad:

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Message 34 of 63 (186 Views)
Gaming Beast
1732 posts

Dec 28, 2013

Bradley_Davis129 wrote:
Thanks for the replies now. Also tranny got swag why do you talk in third person? Lol we know your tranny no need to say your name in front of every sentence.

Because talking in third person is swagalicious. Seriously though, it's kind of become a trademark. But back to the topic at hand, yeah products bought on Home. Their value depends on how much you yourself use them and how much enjoyment you got.

Message 35 of 63 (181 Views)
Survivor
1882 posts

Dec 28, 2013

Multiple reasons beyond my expertise to explain clearly. the Home app you see on your XMB is only like a key to access "the real thing". Wich is probably huge. Could it be made into a "regular game" perhaps....

In this digital day and age. Many things have defenite lifespan. Beside the fact thats it's stated in the ToS that the service can be shut off at any time. No application/software can be on forever. Same goes for many old PC games for example.

Look at it as a long time rental. You might be surprised how almost anything you download on any device can suddenly dissapear. Games, songs, video/movie, app of all kind. It's sad. You do not own any of this content and it can be remove anytime without notice. Very few are aware and even less complain.

Enjoy it while it last.

co-founder
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 36 of 63 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Dec 28, 2013

Home items we bought belong to us. Sony cannot just shut it down and take away what belong to us. That illegal and  I think that why they still keep the Japan server running. We should let Sony know if they plan to shut the home down, there are only three options:

1. Keep servers running like Japan region (best option)

2. Let us keep those we purchased so we can still play without network connection.

3. Reimburse home users for all their purchases if they don't want to do the above options. 

There are no other options. We have customer right.

Message 37 of 63 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1882 posts

Dec 28, 2013

xoO_CutiePie_Oox wrote:

Home items we bought belong to us. Sony cannot just shut it down and take away what belong to us. That illegal and  I think that why they still keep the Japan server running. We should let Sony know if they plan to shut the home down, there are only three options:

1. Keep servers running like Japan region (best option)

2. Let us keep those we purchased so we can still play without network connection.

3. Reimburse home users for all their purchases if they don't want to do the above options. 

There are no other options. We have customer right.

Thats where you're (and many others are ) wrong. They do not bleong to you. Not more than anything you download on your phone. Sony (or other providers) only lend you a liscence. It can be revoked anytime.

Nowhere is it stated the service will be available till the end of the world...

As for the oflline version. Sure it would be great. But how much are you willing to pay to play e-barbie alone ....Cause it won't be free you know.

co-founder
Black Hats website
Black Hats on Facebook
Message 38 of 63 (164 Views)
Welcoming Committee
9380 posts

Dec 28, 2013
Everything bought on Home is NOT yours forever. It is a rental until the service eventually ends. Like many things in life, it is only temporary and it is up to you to determine whether or not you will enjoy your purchase. In my opinion, if you enjoy it, and have enough disposable income that your real life doesnt suffer (for example: rent is paid, food in your fridge, essentials already bought) then by all means go for it and buy what you want. BUT be forewarned that Home purchases do add up to alot quickly and it is very easy to eventually drop thousands into it if you arent paying attention. Use only PSN cards instead of a Credit Card also because you will be tempted less to buy impulsively. With PSN cards I find you can budget easier and tend to only buy what you really want as opposed to having a credit card and just pressing 'buy' on everything you like. Credit Cards are a slippery slope and probably the easiest way to spend more than you can actually afford.
Be wise and remember that buying stuff doesnt make you a 'cool' person persay, and that if youre going to spend your real life $, that it is because you will get joy out of it and use it yourself - not just to impress others.
Support Forums
Message 39 of 63 (152 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

Dec 28, 2013

I just bought a Starbucks Coffee... yummy. Oh what a waste of money... it's all gone now. :smileyhappy:

Message 40 of 63 (139 Views)
0 Likes