Photobucket
Message 11 of 28 (537 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: Alternative Home piercing choices!

Feb 19, 2013

What is a 'dev'?

I've only been using Home for a short amount of time and have no idea about nicknames and things xD

I will definitely check out the twitter, though!

Thanks for the suggestions. :smileyhappy:

Message 12 of 28 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
314 posts

Feb 19, 2013

calista_cannibal wrote:

What is a 'dev'?

I've only been using Home for a short amount of time and have no idea about nicknames and things xD

I will definitely check out the twitter, though!

Thanks for the suggestions. :smileyhappy:

dev = developer

lockwood

ndreams

jam games

these are just a few but i figured these would be the ones who would be most likely to make your suggestion a reality. i know jam games made a cool hairstyle that my friend asked for. plus they seem to be a little more outside the box.

Latest : inFAMOUS First Light
Message 13 of 28 (510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Sweet, thank you! I posted to all of them, hopefully things will get started!

I'm very excited to see if things work out. :smileyhappy:

Thanks BigInJapan_!

Message 14 of 28 (502 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3698 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Personally, I would love to see more tattoos and piercings. I would suggest an earring that includes lip rings, or eyebrow rings. I'm also wanting more detailed tattoos for our arms (that doesn't clone itself on both arms nor legs - silly). I'm surprised there's not more of this stuff around Home by now.

Back in 2012, I e-mailed Heavy Water about this, and here's part of the reply I got:

(I suggested detailed sleeve tattoos to cover the entire arm, with painted nails.)

"We are definitely looking to create more detailed tattoos and are tinkering with full sleeves as hand items; it's a tight fit [memory wise]! We also want to do some similar to the Pinup's tattoos. The nail polish idea is a nice touch! One of our female artists has been wanting to paint the female avatar's nails." -HeavyWater

Lockwood Publishing are the only ones to release piercings for our avatars, but only a few eyebrow options. I've been rockin' one of them since release, but I'm wanting more! Like you have suggested. I can only hope this is something they are still working on, so maybe I'll send off more ideas and see what happens.

Message 15 of 28 (497 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Feb 20, 2013

That is great news, Sophronia! Thanks for posting!

Hopefully with a little more prodding from a few more members, things will be advanced :smileyhappy:
Who knows? I can only wish!

I would use the eyebrow piercings, but most of the time, my avis hair covers it and it's rendered useless :smileysad:

Message 16 of 28 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Lockwood Developer
50 posts

Feb 20, 2013

calista_cannibal wrote:

I myself am an 'alternative' lifestyle person.. I have multiple tattoos/piercings and I would love to show that through my avatar.

The eyebrow piercings are nice, but that's all there is!

I would like to see more of a selection of basic piercings for my avatar.

Perhaps a nice shiny diamond stud for the cartilege on the ear.

What about snakebites/spiderbites?

Septum piercings these days are very popular..

I know that I would personally pay quite a bit of money to deck my avi out in metal.

Also more possibilities for earrings.

I know they have the black and red star 'plugs', but what about... Tunnels?

I would ADORE to see those.

I wouldn't mind paying $1.99+ for them!

Great suggestions! Unfortunately ear and eyebrow piercings are all we're able to do in Home currently. This is because of the extent to which you can alter the size and shape of your lips/nose etc, which means we can't make piercings for those areas without major clipping issues and bugs - sorry!

But, we are going to be making some more eyebrow piercings soon, so you can expect to see them in a couple of months time :smileyhappy:

Message 17 of 28 (468 Views)
First Son
16 posts

Feb 20, 2013

Thanks so much for replying in a timely manner!

I really hope that one day there will be a possibility to progress in the 'alternative' stuff like I mentioned.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Lockwood brings us in the future. :smileyhappy:

Message 18 of 28 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Atom Republic Developer
39 posts

Feb 22, 2013

These are good ideas, I'll think about it... Please send me photos of popular designs if you can. The ear stud would just work. There is the danger of floating or clipping elements on the mouth and nose though, as the person from Lockwood said. The bellybutton is a good idea, though it would need to be attached to some element of clothing, like a shirt. Thanks for the suggestions!

Message 19 of 28 (245 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1507 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 22, 2013

GOOD stuff ,love atom republic,quality stuff and obviously you listen...good stuff..thx..:smileywink:

Old Gamers Don't Die... They Re Spawn...
Message 20 of 28 (235 Views)