Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
6124 posts

Re: All you PS Homers are Misfits!

Jul 5, 2013

People read to much into Home.... Its just a place to hang out when your not playing video games, of course you're going to run into a cross section of people, if you're lucky you'll meet some nice people along the way and talk about things that interest you!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 68 (386 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
185 posts

Jul 5, 2013

myalana wrote:

A suggestion if I may GameMechanics, why not edit the OP and post the article here rather than make the community visit a 3rd party site? Not all of us are so keen on other sources of Home news. You could certainly mention that the article was originally posted on that other site and still include a link, but I believe posting it here would appreciated by many. 

We support the 3rd party sites. They are very helpful in getting the word out about whatever we are releasing. We have written articles, made public appearances, done QAs, given vouchers all to support them so they support us.

It is interesting that through this article I have found out that there are people who only read the forums and people who never read the forums. I have been around a while and had never heard of this until today.

I wrote an article. HomeStation Magazine agreed to publish it. I am going to point people to their site. They don't make any money at what they do. They are really a great bunch creating a ton of great articles. I am surprised people interested in Home would not read their articles. They have some really smart stuff.

And so do the other sites. I guess I am just a Home junkie. I visit them all as often as I can. I can't think of a reason not to.

I hope that works for you.

Message 22 of 68 (375 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7532 posts

Jul 5, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

We support the 3rd party sites. They are very helpful in getting the word out about whatever we are releasing. We have written articles, made public appearances, done QAs, given vouchers all to support them so they support us.

It is interesting that through this article I have found out that there are people who only read the forums and people who never read the forums. I have been around a while and had never heard of this until today.

I wrote an article. HomeStation Magazine agreed to publish it. I am going to point people to their site. They don't make any money at what they do. They are really a great bunch creating a ton of great articles. I am surprised people interested in Home would not read their articles. They have some really smart stuff.

And so do the other sites. I guess I am just a Home junkie. I visit them all as often as I can. I can't think of a reason not to.

Sadly is does not, but it's your article to do with as you wish. One other way of looking at it would be that THIS is the official outlet for all things Home related and as such, the community might be more apt to see and appreciate your work if it were posted here. Being that you are posting this with your Developer account, some might think it unusal that you seem to be endorsing another outlet over this one.

Just as some look at these forums and those who post here with disdain, the opposite is also true. I guess I don't understand the harm in posting your article here and including a mention of and a link to that other place when some have no desire to visit.

I trust that we won't see announcements in the future following this trend:

"GMDEV wrote:

Hiya Home community we have some incredible news to share, but not here. Head over to this link to read more. :smileyhappy:"

Message 23 of 68 (344 Views)
Game Mechanics Developer
185 posts

Jul 6, 2013

myalana wrote:
I trust that we won't see announcements in the future following this trend:

"GMDEV wrote:

Hiya Home community we have some incredible news to share, but not here. Head over to this link to read more. :smileyhappy:"

We always announce things here, but we may have a link for more information.

This was an opinion article.

BTW, HSM also has videos in the theater in Home. Does that mean that Sony is choosing one? They are not some fringe group who kill baby seals in their spare time. They are good people and getting more and more recognition for it.

Message 24 of 68 (324 Views)
Fender Bender
2977 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Good read deuce. I don't know anyone else but I always knew I was a misfit. I am a misfit among the misfits of Home. Not a troll, I just have a weird sense of humor that not a lot of people get. But I don't mind being a misfit really because it's what makes me different and unique out of the rest of the herd. :manhappy:

bobs fed signature
Message 25 of 68 (306 Views)
Fender Bender
1377 posts

Jul 6, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

myalana wrote:

A suggestion if I may GameMechanics, why not edit the OP and post the article here rather than make the community visit a 3rd party site? Not all of us are so keen on other sources of Home news. You could certainly mention that the article was originally posted on that other site and still include a link, but I believe posting it here would appreciated by many. 

I think that a 3rd party site is a good thing. 

It gets word out about the existence of playstation home to others that might not be aware of it.

HSM has a lot of good articles and supports home.

GameMechanics I appreciate what you do!

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Message 26 of 68 (245 Views)
Welcoming Committee
3672 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

Goes to show you, so many off topic remarks in here and my comment that was about what I thought about the article and on topic was removed.   If your gonna post a link to an article for us to read and then have the commentary removed because you dont like was people have to say, then you shouldnt bother posting it in the first place.  The article is insulting and rude IMO.

Moderation needs to stop removing post just because people request it, without taking a look at what they are removing.  

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 27 of 68 (224 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7532 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

BTW, HSM also has videos in the theater in Home. Does that mean that Sony is choosing one? They are not some fringe group who kill baby seals in their spare time. They are good people and getting more and more recognition for it.

Thank you, I was aware that they had videos in the Home theater but I'm not certain what that has to do with the topic at hand. My concern was more that because you are posting with your developer account, it may appear that you are doing so in an official capacity. As such, you may run the risk of alienating other users or even other 3rd party sites by endorsing one and steering the Home Forum users there. I had been led to believe by Tempest that developers were to post in an official capacity with their developer accounts and could post "opinion pieces" with their personal accounts. I'll ask for further clarification.

As for the "killing baby seals" part, I'm not  quite sure where that statement came from but I'm going to guess that since I expressed disinterest in the site that you equate that to me think thinking that they must commit atrocities against cute little defenseless animals. Sounds a bit like baiting, but I'll just leave that alone.

I'm happy  that you have found a Home away from Home at the site you have linked to but  hope that you would remain impartial in the future and consider that not everyone wishes to travel outside these forums to read developer posted articles.

Message 28 of 68 (212 Views)
Wastelander
547 posts

Jul 6, 2013

I always wanted a Charlie-in-the-Box and the train with square wheels 8-)

Signature

Message 29 of 68 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3672 posts

Jul 6, 2013

myalana wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

Thank you, I was aware that they had videos in the Home theater but I'm not certain what that has to do with the topic at hand. My concern was more that because you are posting with your developer account, it may appear that you are doing so in an official capacity. As such, you may run the risk of alienating other users or even other 3rd party sites by endorsing one and steering the Home Forum users there. I had been led to believe by Tempest that developers were to post in an official capacity with their developer accounts and could post "opinion pieces" with their personal accounts. I'll ask for further clarification.

As for the "killing baby seals" part, I'm not  quite sure where that statement came from but I'm going to guess that since I expressed disinterest in the site that you equate that to me think thinking that they must commit atrocities against cute little defenseless animals. Sounds a bit like baiting, but I'll just leave that alone.

I'm happy  that you have found a Home away from Home at the site you have linked to but  hope that you would remain impartial in the future and consider that not everyone wishes to travel outside these forums to read developer posted articles.

The only thing that seems clear to me Mya is the he is still stuck in High School and never got over it!!

Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 30 of 68 (156 Views)
0 Likes