Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1289 posts

Re: All you PS Homers are Misfits!

Jul 6, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:
It is hard to say anything here without someone jumping on it.

Which is why many people do not come here anymore.

Hit the nail right on the head there. Couldn't agree more, Mr. Mechanics.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 68 (366 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

Jul 6, 2013

JulianMatisse wrote:

xMINDBlIlURx wrote:

I fount the article to be quite appropriate, and not insulting or rude in any manner.

If you take a look at the majority of the home community, you can see that we all fit into certain groups of people. In each of those certain groups of people, we take a look at others, and call the people not in our groups misfits, or outsiders for a better lack of term.

I don't look at it that way, but then, I didn't identify with the article to start with. It's not that I don't recognize there are people who will identify with it, I just don't think it's universally applicable. If I'm in a particular group (or people place me in a particular group, more likely) I don't find those outside of it to be misfits, and if I'm outside a particular group, I don't consider myself a misfit. Labels only affect you, if you accept them. I reject this idea. I see us all as one great big community, because that's how I chose to see it. Maybe someone isn't in my group of close friends, (yet) but one day they could be. We're all just one great conversation away from being friends. But, Hey! That's just my opinion. :smileyhappy:

We all see things differently, I just see all social communities like this. If you look at what's around you, the signs show it's the case. I like to study people, and home is a good way to do this. I've seen groups, even from our very own beloved forum, looking at people not in their group as misfits. It's just like highschool.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 68 (353 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4410 posts

Jul 6, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

myalana wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

We always announce things here, but we may have a link for more information.

This was an opinion article.

BTW, HSM also has videos in the theater in Home. Does that mean that Sony is choosing one? They are not some fringe group who kill baby seals in their spare time. They are good people and getting more and more recognition for it.

Thank you, I was aware that they had videos in the Home theater but I'm not certain what that has to do with the topic at hand. My concern was more that because you are posting with your developer account, it may appear that you are doing so in an official capacity. As such, you may run the risk of alienating other users or even other 3rd party sites by endorsing one and steering the Home Forum users there. I had been led to believe by Tempest that developers were to post in an official capacity with their developer accounts and could post "opinion pieces" with their personal accounts. I'll ask for further clarification.

As for the "killing baby seals" part, I'm not  quite sure where that statement came from but I'm going to guess that since I expressed disinterest in the site that you equate that to me think thinking that they must commit atrocities against cute little defenseless animals. Sounds a bit like baiting, but I'll just leave that alone.

I'm happy  that you have found a Home away from Home at the site you have linked to but  hope that you would remain impartial in the future and consider that not everyone wishes to travel outside these forums to read developer posted articles.

My point is that I like the 3rd party Home websites and try to support them all. As far as I know, none are doing anything that is so bad that I should not support them.

Yes some people will be offended. Just like some people get offended that I wrote an article. The only way not to get criticized is to not do anything. If I posted the text here, a new group of people would be unhappy. We gave away free items at Christmas and got criticized on the forums. Now I have gotten criticized for posting a link. It is hard to say anything here without someone jumping on it.

WOW

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, everything you do will get criticized..no matter if good, evil, or just watching them type very meaningful sentences with people who reply with negative comments or one word answers

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 68 (346 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3391 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

King_xO-AsSaSSin wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

myalana wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

BTW, HSM also has videos in the theater in Home. Does that mean that Sony is choosing one? They are not some fringe group who kill baby seals in their spare time. They are good people and getting more and more recognition for it.

Thank you, I was aware that they had videos in the Home theater but I'm not certain what that has to do with the topic at hand. My concern was more that because you are posting with your developer account, it may appear that you are doing so in an official capacity. As such, you may run the risk of alienating other users or even other 3rd party sites by endorsing one and steering the Home Forum users there. I had been led to believe by Tempest that developers were to post in an official capacity with their developer accounts and could post "opinion pieces" with their personal accounts. I'll ask for further clarification.

As for the "killing baby seals" part, I'm not  quite sure where that statement came from but I'm going to guess that since I expressed disinterest in the site that you equate that to me think thinking that they must commit atrocities against cute little defenseless animals. Sounds a bit like baiting, but I'll just leave that alone.

I'm happy  that you have found a Home away from Home at the site you have linked to but  hope that you would remain impartial in the future and consider that not everyone wishes to travel outside these forums to read developer posted articles.

My point is that I like the 3rd party Home websites and try to support them all. As far as I know, none are doing anything that is so bad that I should not support them.

Yes some people will be offended. Just like some people get offended that I wrote an article. The only way not to get criticized is to not do anything. If I posted the text here, a new group of people would be unhappy. We gave away free items at Christmas and got criticized on the forums. Now I have gotten criticized for posting a link. It is hard to say anything here without someone jumping on it.

WOW

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, everything you do will get criticized..no matter if good, evil, or just watching them type very meaningful sentences with people who reply with negative comments or one word answers

WOW WOW WOW  

Edit:  as per the taggers request i gave 3 words this time

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 68 (320 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7127 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2013

GameMechanics wrote:

And my point was many would appreciate the article being posted here with a link. To do otherwise might be seen as a ploy to boost site traffic. You were not criticized for posting a link...you were criticized for never even entertaining the idea of posting the article here so that others wouldn't have to venture outside the Forum to read this article.

Now then, some people also might be offended by a game developer baiting and showing favoritism. This has nothing to do with your company's Christmas promotion and everything with the way you as a company representtative seem to be ok with offending customers and acting hurt that these customers might wonder why you wont post the "opinion piece" you spoke of here. Being that you are here in an official capacity, I'll assume that you'd also rather cater to a select few with your virtual wares than the masses. Not the route I would choose, but so be it.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 68 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1289 posts

Jul 6, 2013

myalana wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

And my point was many would appreciate the article being posted here with a link. To do otherwise might be seen as a ploy to boost site traffic. You were not criticized for posting a link...you were criticized for never even entertaining the idea of posting the article here so that others wouldn't have to venture outside the Forum to read this article.

Now then, some people also might be offended by a game developer baiting and showing favoritism. This has nothing to do with your company's Christmas promotion and everything with the way you as a company representtative seem to be ok with offending customers and acting hurt that these customers might wonder why you wont post the "opinion piece" you spoke of here. Being that you are here in an official capacity, I'll assume that you'd also rather cater to a select few with your virtual wares than the masses. Not the route I would choose, but so be it.

I don't think theres the amount of users on these forums would express a significant increase in site traffic. There's probably about less than 20 regulars in these forums.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Do you remember what today is , Jack?"
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 68 (283 Views)
I Only Post Everything
987 posts

Jul 6, 2013
I like it I'm open minded ^^
PERMA FROSTIES
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 68 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1183 posts

Jul 6, 2013

My understanding is that this forum section is one tool (amongst many others) for SCEA, as the platform provider, to provide official news and announcements about Home, as well as gather consumer feedback; it is not something which needs to be used -- or used exclusively -- by third-party developers for the same purpose. Indeed, the Home community media scene fulfills a valuable role in this regard, as there's a wealth of information out there -- interviews, item databases, opinion pieces, etc. -- which can potentially enhance a user's experience with the service. It's a supplemental spotlight to the PR efforts of Sony itself, which in some cases can spread awareness of Home to people who may have never heard of this forum.

The catch, of course, is that these satellite media projects may be operated or supported by people whom we personally dislike. And so comes the quandary: do you click on that site to read the story -- thus boosting that site's traffic numbers -- or do you pass on it and potentially risk missing out on something cool?

It is then that we often seek what Eric Hoffer so accurately summarized as "a public cure for a private ail." 

One suggestion I would offer: there's the old aphorism about attracting with honey instead of vinegar. If the goal is to get a developer to publish more commentary directly onto this forum, what is the best way to actually entice them to do so? How can feedback be offered in a constructive manner that moves you closer to achieving that goal? 

Will this change anyone's respective positions on this particular discussion? I suspect likely not; the forum may be far too balkanized an environment to allow for that. So my only remaining advice would be this: one can have a fantastic and fulfilling Home experience without exposure to any outside resources, including both this forum and third-party sites. It's probably best -- not for someone else's well being, but for your own -- to simply ignore what you dislike and focus on what you enjoy. The Home experience is largely what we make of it, after all.

Hope that helps, and my apologies if it doesn't. Best of luck to you.

To those here who did choose to read the article: thank you for checking out what is a very funny and whimsical piece by a Home developer, and it was our pleasure to publish it. It was, I think, quite an uplifting read, and reaffirms that Home is a unique and special experience in the greater PlayStation pantheon. May we all continue to enjoy it in our own ways.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 68 (216 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Jul 6, 2013

Have Been All My Life :smileymad: 376.gif

RED
Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 68 (193 Views)
Last Guardian
10566 posts

Jul 6, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

myalana wrote:

GameMechanics wrote:

WOW

so this is why i don't get many views with "The AL2009man Website"

NOTE: My current laptop is currently send to the company for fixing. will be using the other laptop in the meantime, don't expect me to post that much this month.

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 68 (142 Views)
0 Likes