Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows: New Rewards- Updated for 4th of July

Jul 6, 2014

stevev363 wrote:
I've been able to get the pedal boat to appear repeatedly by standing on the edge of the lake between the boathouses with no active LMO out. When other tasks appear I start them and go back to the same spot and wait and the star race usually pops up.
I keep missing the last gate though, I seem to overshoot it and have not recovered quick enough to get to it. But, practice makes perfect I guess.

Thanks!  I'll definitely give that a shot.

As for missing the last gate due ot the quick turn and short distance thus short timer, what I do is I approach the 2nd to last gate from the far left so I have plenty of time to turn and drift through it to line up tith the second gate... but if you do miss it, the best thing to do is let go the left stick and keep your POV (right stick) lined up with the bow of the boat, then pull back on the left stick to go backwards, and this way you dont have to turn around which can take time.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 701 of 758 (1,136 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 6, 2014

stevev363 wrote:
I've been able to get the pedal boat to appear repeatedly by standing on the edge of the lake between the boathouses with no active LMO out. 

You sir, are a frickin' genius... and a gentleman and a scholar. :smileywink:

I took a break from watching stage 2 of the TdF (GO Sagan!) and sky diving from whale spouts in Home, and went to the park and stood in the area you mentioned and look what popped up after just 3 minutes in the space:

First round of drinks at the Mos Eisley Cantina are on me! :smileylol:

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 702 of 758 (1,130 Views)
Wastelander
484 posts

Jul 6, 2014

stevev363 wrote:
I've been able to get the pedal boat to appear repeatedly by standing on the edge of the lake between the boathouses with no active LMO out. When other tasks appear I start them and go back to the same spot and wait and the star race usually pops up.
I keep missing the last gate though, I seem to overshoot it and have not recovered quick enough to get to it. But, practice makes perfect I guess.

Glad you figured it out, I couldn't for the life of me remember what I had done! But it also had popped up really quickly for me. 

Message 703 of 758 (1,118 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Jul 6, 2014

D-Nitrate wrote:
First round of drinks at the Mos Eisley Cantina are on me! :smileylol:

I'm happy to pay it back for all the awesome help I've gotten from you! :smileywink:

Message 704 of 758 (1,098 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
484 posts

Jul 7, 2014

I'm not seeing this on the list of original rewards but if you drink 5 and 10 of the original coffee cups, you get a Park Coffee Cup Hat. It looks similar to the golden ones, only in the origanl coloring of the park rewards.

Female Coffee Cup

Message 705 of 758 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2739 posts

Jul 8, 2014

If anyones still having problems getting the Stars Lake Task to appear, I may have a second place that will help get them if your not having any luck with Steve's spot.

I stood on the wooden platform by the hut nearest the Skateboard Park looking at the lake, and a Star Lake Task appeared. I then froze before I could complete the task. But...

I then came back and went straight to the hut again, and withen a few minutes (it was the first one) it appeared again, I took a quick photo and froze again (!) whilst I was waiting for the camera spinny thing to stop spinning. But...

I returned a third time, and for the third time it appeared again, and this time I was able to complete it.

Successfully appeared for me three times when waiting at this spot.

Message 706 of 758 (1,002 Views)
Wastelander
446 posts

Jul 9, 2014

Well, seems VEEMEE has bugged the Park again… :smileymad:

Be warned it's currently impossible to do "Stars 'n' Stripes RC Car Races" since your RC Car disappears once it hits the ground and returns to the RC Stand. (Or at least my "RC Bunny" one did. Repeatedly.)

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
Pray for me now at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

— Sterling Malory Archer

Sent via my BrainPADD using magic & a bit of pixie dust…
Message 707 of 758 (923 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5429 posts

Jul 10, 2014

Spartaxoxo wrote:

I'm not seeing this on the list of original rewards but if you drink 5 and 10 of the original coffee cups, you get a Park Coffee Cup Hat.

My guide is from the first park update on. I did provide a link to the original reward guide done by @TitusF . It's at the very top of the page.

Original Rewards and Tasks can be found here. Credit: TitusF

Message 708 of 758 (882 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1681 posts

Jul 10, 2014
Yes, when using The Mayflower for the Stars N Stripes RC boat race, it instantly terminated my race as well. V. Similar to what happened during Easter. :smileysad:

Message 709 of 758 (878 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Jul 11, 2014

Mermaid-KT wrote:

If anyones still having problems getting the Stars Lake Task to appear, I may have a second place that will help get them if your not having any luck with Steve's spot.

I stood on the wooden platform by the hut nearest the Skateboard Park looking at the lake, and a Star Lake Task appeared. I then froze before I could complete the task. But...

I then came back and went straight to the hut again, and withen a few minutes (it was the first one) it appeared again, I took a quick photo and froze again (!) whilst I was waiting for the camera spinny thing to stop spinning. But...

I returned a third time, and for the third time it appeared again, and this time I was able to complete it.

Successfully appeared for me three times when waiting at this spot.

Awesome find Kelly - I tried it with my alt account just to see if it worked, and it the "Stars & Stripes" peddle boat task popped up right away.  

So it seems every Stars & Stripes race tasks can be manually triggered - except maybe the normal race task?  That one fortunately popped up randomly as I was waiting for the boat task to pop up before knowing about these trigger spot areas.

"Like it never happened"

Message 710 of 758 (813 Views)
0 Likes