May 18, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

Level 34 to level 35 is 14500 XP to 16000 XP

The experience requirements skyrocket.

Wow that is a lot of XP. How many races would you need for that? :smileywink:

Wait, are you saying you need something between 14,500 to 16,000 XP to go up one level to 35, or are you saying you need 1,500 XP to go up that one level?

If it's 1,500 XP, that doesn't seem like a big jump.  I think I'm around level 29 and it rquired about 1,000 XP.

However, even if you need 1,500 XP or more to level up, yeah that is still going to take a lot of races and a lot of time.

At 30-80 XP each time (most being worth 30-40), and about 1 new race every 10 min, it would likely take over 30 races and about four hours.  However with boat races, and having to occasionally reset the space due to boat races and boats not working, it would likely take a lot more time than 4 hours.

Perhaps Veemee will take this in consideration and adjust the leveling system to not make it such a chore/job in Home.

If not, I'll still enjoy the space, I just wont worry about leveling up so much.

OK... I take it back, it is skyrocketing, even at 1,500 XP.    The early levels only required 100 XP to go up each new level, and rewarded you 10% of that XP in acorns.

So not only is the required XP for the higher levels go way up, but the ratio of XP to Acrons gets worse as well!  Not cool.

BTW: How many acorns does it say you get for the 1,500 XP to reach level 35?

25. Ranger is the highest rank.

Message 71 of 204 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park Update

May 18, 2013

Only 25 acorns for 1,500 XP?!?!?!  That's ridiculous.  That's even worse than Aurora's leveling XP Structure!

So for about the price of a single boat rental, you have to earn 1,500 XP, which can easily take hours to do.

Houston... we have a problem!

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 72 of 204 (500 Views)
Fender Bender
3328 posts

May 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Only 25 acorns for 1,500 XP?!?!?!  That's ridiculous.  That's even worse than Aurora's leveling XP Structure!

So for about the price of a single boat rental, you have to earn 1,500 XP, which can easily take hours to do.

Have to agree with that. I think some re-thinking needs to take place. Someone must have been drifting.

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Message 73 of 204 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1688 posts

May 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

goddessbunny42 wrote:

JulianMatisse wrote:

TC915 wrote:

I finished photo races w/out the boats working. Only problem is there's photo races where the boat has to be occupied, then it won't let me finish the challenge. 

Since most of the leveling and challenges have been locked for me, before I was able to try them, can I ask a noobish question without being crushed? How do you trigger these "photo races"?

I think these races are triggered at random as well. However, when I talked to other folk, it seems that they're higher in level than me (which I have been stuck at perpetual Level 1 for about a week) and have gotten these and the water races to work as well. Hope this help! :smileyhappy:

EDIT: OK - I can definely confirm, Julian, that photo and water races are triggered when you are a higher level. I logged on this evening briefly to see if I leveled up - indeed I did (Level 9 - Groundkeeper), then immediately got a photo race. I had not stayed on long enough to see if I would get a water race or a LMO race.

I recently have been getting LONG photo tasks (17+ markers) where I have to take multiple pics through out the race (usually 4).  Fortunately they pay out 80n XP instead of the norm 40XP.

Thanks D - that's really go to know. I have not been as vigilant leveling up in AMP (not that I have a ton of time on Home to just do ONLY "races" and not spend acorns at all). Def. filing this info away as something to look forward to when I get higher in level. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 74 of 204 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
1688 posts

May 19, 2013

HeavensLightfire wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

Have to agree with that. I think some re-thinking needs to take place. Someone must have been drifting.

Ditto - I haven't even spent my 200 FREE acorns yet, have managed to get level 10, and currently have 395 acorns ... it'll take me forever to get all dog companions and bikes def. W/O spending serious coin on aquiring more acorns via the store. WOW! :smileysurprised:

The amount of acorns one gets should exponentially increase with xp as well. To say that one would practically have to "live" in AMP just to farm an adequate amount of acorns is an understatement. VEEMEE, please seriously adjust your leveling structure for allow for more acorns to be earned at each level. :smileyvery-happy:

Message 75 of 204 (420 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

May 19, 2013

I got tne free bike LMO's on three accounts using the free 200 acorns one gets upon arrival. I have since earned 450 additional free acorns on my main Joanna account and 250 on my Claire. I'm a level 25 and 12 respectively on those two accounts.

I dont' plan on purchasing acorns and I'm not worried about finishing all of the achievements. I think the park is great from a level up perspective and I'm happy I'm able to get free items and pehaps enough free acorns to enjoy some of the rides once I've finished getting the LMO's that I want. I do want at least one other bike and perhaps one of the dogs. 

Even without bike and boat rentals working I think this is a great social spot and hopefully VeeMee will continue to update it. I also hope they get the bugs fixed soon. At least leveling is working now. 

Message 76 of 204 (412 Views)
Fender Bender
2226 posts

May 19, 2013

Well i can say tonite was the best night at acorn as everything was working on arrival and no hiccups, i am currently level 26 about 450xp away from level 27 Woot! Spent tonite helping others complete challenges and i must say that bike game is enough to drive ppl nuts and make the players laugh uncontrollably lol

With that said they need to make the game part of it where the players ride through other users like normal instead of this crash into them and push them 10 miles away from the group they were just standing with.

Overall still a great space!

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Message 77 of 204 (404 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

May 19, 2013

Bike rentals aren't working for me this morning. Guess I still can't spend those free acorns. :smileywink:

Message 78 of 204 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
562 posts

May 19, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Bike rentals aren't working for me this morning. Guess I still can't spend those free acorns. :smileywink:

Searching for an instance that the bike shop works is a new challenge...

Message 79 of 204 (394 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29221 posts

May 19, 2013

Tang_Ang wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

Searching for an instance that the bike shop works is a new challenge...

I know. It would be nice though if we could get an official response from VeeMee relative to the collision issue with rental bikes. It's nice to have rentals work yet the ability for users to troll others with them working by ramming their avatars is going to be a continuing problem once the rental issue is fixed. 

Message 80 of 204 (391 Views)