May 15 2013
By: veemee_alan VEEMEE Developer 48 posts

Acorn Meadows Park Update

203 replies 2319 views Edited May 15, 2013

Hello everyone! We've been working hard since our last update on the forums and wanted to bring you all up to date on how things are looking in Acorn Meadows.

As most of you may be aware, we had to lock the levelling up system recently after a bug was reported to us by the community affecting anyone that had reached level 16 and above. As part of this lock, we also had to clamp the XP level of anyone with more than 4,100 XP, resulting in some users temporarily losing some of their hard earned XP. As of Home coming back up earlier today, the values for anyone affected have now all been corrected.

We have tested that the levelling up system is now fixed and stable, and we plan to re-enable it shortly (within the next 24-48 hours). After this has happened, anyone visiting Acorn Meadows will level up to the level they should be on. As you level up, you will also receive all of the Acorns you are due for every level up that you pass through. No one should lose out, and if you have been working hard to earn a lot of XP since the levelling system was put on hold, you may get quite a haul of Acorns to spend!

The VEEMEE team has also been working hard on addressing stability issues reported to us by the community. We're currently testing fixes for these in earnest, and hope to release them soon. As you can imagine we want to make sure any changes are rock solid, so we can't give you a date for when this will go live, but we'll provide an update as soon as we can.

As ever, if you need any assistance with any problem you may be experiencing in the park, please send us an email over to support@veemee.com and we will do our best to help you out.

We want to hear your thoughts! If you have any suggestions or ideas for future content that you’d like to share with us, we now have an email address dedicated to the Home community: community@veemee.com.

Once again, we want to thank the community for the amazing level of feedback you have given us with Acorn Meadows Park – your bug reports, comments and suggestions have been invaluable to us over the last 2 weeks.

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 204 (2,319 Views)
PlayStation MVP
28998 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park Update

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

Your park is wonderful. It'll be better once the fixes are made. Great hangout spot. :smileyhappy:

I also noticed you enabled chatting on rental bikes without hitting X and then triangle. That is a very welcome addition. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 204 (2,297 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3463 posts

May 15, 2013
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 204 (2,289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
547 posts

May 15, 2013

Yay!!! I hope I have collected enough for a bike, hehe.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 204 (2,273 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
36 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

veemee_alan wrote:

We have tested that the levelling up system is now fixed and stable, and we plan to re-enable it shortly (within the next 24-48 hours). 

Thank you for your consideration in personally giving us an update. Many of us have been patiently waiting weeks to earn acorns by completing activities in the park. 

This is a great space, and assuming you're true to your word, once this goes live, you'll be hard pressed to find me anywhere else.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 204 (2,268 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5288 posts

May 15, 2013

Really looking forward to the update. I love the space, but I've been avoiding it while things are on hold. Looks like it's time to head back.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 204 (2,246 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5125 posts

May 15, 2013
Good to know it'll get fixed in the next 24-48 hours. Thank you for the update. I can't wait to check it out.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 204 (2,225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
204 posts

May 15, 2013

Nice, are the bike rides for 2 just for rental or can people own those?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 204 (2,214 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
974 posts

May 15, 2013

Very nice, cool too see the 24/48 hourtime frame. Hope all goes well, it's a great space & I would hate to see bugs kill it. Thanks for the official update.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 204 (2,212 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
28998 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

aogamerdude wrote:

Nice, are the bike rides for 2 just for rental or can people own those?

If you buy a bike for 200 acorns at the park the rentals of the same bike style will be free whenever you go. You need a rental version of the bike to ride double. 

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 204 (2,205 Views)
0 Likes