Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park - 26th June Update

Jul 16, 2013

It looks like one of the conductors was in a hurry and forgot to make one of his stops, haha

photo samurai-bujutsu-107698.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 83 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

Hello!  I'd like to add some feedback about the park.

LunarEmerald said: "Please tone down the frequency of the photo task of taking a picture of an occupied boat. I'm getting the mission most of the time now and nobody is ever riding the boats."  

I COMPLETELY AGREE.  In fact, I wish this task was taken off completely.  40 acorns for a paddleboat ride is far too much.  Hardly anyone is going on them.  Edit: 20 acorns - Eh, not that bad, but still a frustrating aspect of the park.

bestscreenname said: "It would also be nice to be able to pick it up and change spots without having to repurchase..."  

I agree with this a lot.

Anton_Xul:  "We bust our humps trying to earn XP doing the races and challenges, but only get 25 Acorns for our trouble after leveling up with 1500 XP. Come on, that's just ridiculous. If the XP between levels go up, so should the Acorns earned."

Brises_0000 replied: "They are in the business of sales. Most "free to play" scenarios are designed to where you reach a certain point, then you need to buy something. This is not unusual. You think they are doing us a favor out of kindness, at a loss to themselves?"

I agree with Anton, and I think it's about retention. People get easily distracted, put-out, and give up quickly when social aspects are exploited in the name of making money.  What they fail to realize is that they would make a lot more money if they weren't trying to blatantly and obviously swindle people.  That goes for any developers on Sony, and Sony themselves.

Bobsfed said: "Why not make it that you not only have to buy acorns, but you can also find some lying around on the ground. And maybe also have some squirrels that randomly run around the park to gather acorns, so you have to try and get them before they do. Also why not have some geese or ducks swimming around or walking on the edge of the water, and you could buy some bread to feed them."

I love these ideas!

Regine__ said: "How about placing some tables and chairs on which you can play board games together? There already is Checkers, so how about other family board games like Monopoly?"  

I said the same thing to my partner - I wish there were picnic tables or something like that, with board games on them (I REALLY WISH you would make a non-locoroco version of Reversi, that would be awesome!)

TSFRJ said: "Suggestion:

new task: Missing the deck.
To complete: go out of range or crash R/C plane in the lake

New task: Under and Over
To complete fly each R/C planes over and under all possible bridges

New Task: Double Tunnel Vision
to complete: Fly a R/C plane through train tunnel both direction in 1 flight."

I love these ideas.

Really upset that I did not realize until getting to the 1000-xp leveling mark that dogs were available in the park for 300 acorns. I would have purchased a dog in the beginning when it was easier to level up if I had known that.  Now I have to spend at least 2 weeks to level up 8 TIMES to get 200 acorns for a dog.  Really put out about that, frankly.

Something else that I've totally and completely given up on are the paddleboat lake race tasks - not even going to try that again.  The controls were far too difficult to manage making it to the next checkpoint, especially at the far outer edges near the dogpark - the boats would not turn or go forward properly at all.

Another thing was that on 3 or 4 separate occasions I've failed race tasks because the train was crossing.  I know incorporating the train into the space the way you have is really cool, but perhaps fine-tuning this issue would be helpful!

One other minor suggestion, obviously not a biggie, but it would be really cool if you could change the time of day really slowly or something, like once an hour it slowly changes to Day, and then the next hour it's Night, and so on.  I really loved the 4th of July version of the park, but was TOTALLY bummed when I realized it had no racing to it, and then later realized that the Daytime official version was separate, and still in operation.  Not everyone likes the blinding sun. *hmph*

Aside from that, it looks really awesome, and although I'm still eagerly awaiting future updates to Aurora, I will keep on with the Park.  Thank you!

If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 83 (258 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7851 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Does anyone have the july nighttime version saved in faves? Its off the nav now.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 83 (249 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2803 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 22, 2013

smokingpistol wrote:
Does anyone have the july nighttime version saved in faves? Its off the nav now.

I had it saved, I'll check now to see if it's actually still on there.

EDIT:  It's gone, I thought it was kind of weird that I had space to add the Marina on favs.  Kind of a bummer that they didn't take out the fireworks and keep a night version year round.

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 83 (240 Views)
Welcoming Committee
7851 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Oh well thanks for checking Best :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 83 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1344 posts

Jul 22, 2013

CathedralDream wrote:

I agree with Anton, and I think it's about retention. People get easily distracted, put-out, and give up quickly when social aspects are exploited in the name of making money.  What they fail to realize is that they would make a lot more money if they weren't trying to blatantly and obviously swindle people.  That goes for any developers on Sony, and Sony themselves.

You sound like one of those people who thinks everything on Home should be free. I think we should be grateful that so much is already. These people are in business, after all.

"Someday this will all come to an end. It's inevitable. You have a couple of choices. Enjoy Home while it's still here or you can worry about things you have very little control over and have a miserable time in the process." - Black_MagicWoman
Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 83 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Jul 22, 2013
I might sound that way, but thank you for not assuming I am. I certainly think they should make money for their talent - My approach would garner MORE profit, not less. That was what I was trying to point out. Thank you for helping me clarify.
If you are part of the 99%, you are automatically a part of the Occupy movement.
Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 83 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 23, 2013
any future updates planned alan?
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 83 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
27 posts

Jul 23, 2013
"Aside from that, it looks really awesome, and although I'm still eagerly awaiting future updates to Aurora, I will keep on with the Park. Thank you!"

I'm pretty sure nDreams said the latest Aurora is last update to the space.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 83 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Jul 23, 2013
That really sucks to hear. I think it has a lot of potential.
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 83 (157 Views)
0 Likes