Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 26 2013
By: veemee_alan VEEMEE Developer 48 posts

Acorn Meadows Park - 26th June Update

[ Edited ]
82 replies 1670 views Edited Jun 27, 2013

Hi everyone! It’s been a little while since we last updated you all on what’s been happening in Acorn Meadows, and we thought with today’s content update it would be a good time to let you know what's been going on here at Team VEEMEE.

Week by week we’ve been working hard behind the scenes to improve your visit to the park as much as we can, and with all of the brilliant feedback you’ve been giving us since launch we’ve had plenty to focus on! We’ve published a number of fixes for the teething problems at launch and have had to wait with you all while these went through the necessary tests and checks required before they are allowed to go live. This process can take several weeks so thank you for your patience and understanding. Hopefully you will all have noticed these fixes and improvements over recent weeks and have now been able to enjoy all of the activities in the Park, as intended!

Please keep the new ideas coming - we'd love to include some of them in our future updates, so thank you for telling us what you'd like.

First up on the new additions you’ll find in Acorn Meadows are the Remote Control (RC) Planes – with 3 different types of aircraft available to choose from. Right from the first tests we did here in the VEEMEE studio, we knew straight away that the RC Planes were going to be a lot of fun. You now get to see the park from a whole new perspective, climbing high up above everyone down below and travelling to areas that you just couldn’t access before from the ground. We hope you like the Planes as much as we do! You can either hire or buy these planes using your Acorns. Those who decide to buy a Plane will also get an exclusive Plane Companion item for use anywhere in Home.

We also have a new Picnic vendor just over the bridge on the main walkway, ready to provide you with your very own hamper for hire. This idea was suggested to us quite a few times by the Community, and as it was on our 'to do' list already, we spent a good bit of time making it extra special, focusing on making the picnics an intimate social event tailored for groups of friends. With 3 different sizes of picnic available, groups of all sizes can now get together to sit and chat in designated picnic areas, and its free for guests to join!

For all the dog lovers that enjoy taking their favourite companions out for some exercise in the dog park – we’ve added a fun activity course for you and your 4 legged friends to train and play on.

Also in this update, we have 2 new concession points on either side of the lake, selling delicious Candy Floss and Pretzels for tasty treats.

As well as all of these new activities, we’ve added a bunch of new challenges and rewards for you to get your hands on and get earning some XP!

As always, we would love your feedback. If you are experiencing any problems, then please feel free to email us at support@veemee.com and we will look into it. This is the first of many updates we have planned for Acorn Meadows. If you have ideas for future updates that you would like to see in the Park, or if you would like us to expand or develop on any of the current activities, let us know! You can send all of your ideas and thoughts to community@veemee.com, we read them all!

Thanks again to everyone for your continued support of Acorn Meadows. We love seeing everyone having fun in there, and the constant feedback we receive daily from the Community is hugely appreciated by the whole team here at VEEMEE.

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 83 (1,670 Views)
Gaming Beast
1441 posts

Re: Acorn Meadows Park - 26th June Update

Jun 26, 2013

I really like the new update, especially the RC planes, great work! And thanks for giving us nice rewards instead of default hair head items! 

My only complaint would be not being able to chat while flying the RC planes, can this be fixed please?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 83 (1,648 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3553 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I pretty much love everything you guys added in this update! Nice to see that you came up with some better rewards too! Hope to see more of this in future updates.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 83 (1,633 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jun 26, 2013

TY for fixing the bikes. Seriously. That was the greatest flaw. Lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 83 (1,622 Views)
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

I really like the new update, especially the RC planes, great work! And thanks for giving us nice rewards instead of default hair head items! 

My only complaint would be not being able to chat while flying the RC planes, can this be fixed please?

Ever fly a real RC plane?  You have to keep concentration on the plane so you don't accidentally crash into a wall or into another person.  Thus why you can't chat while flying one.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 83 (1,613 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3016 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Tarazuma wrote:

You can always voice chat while flying. Unless that's been disabled as well.:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 83 (1,584 Views)
Wastelander
631 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I haven't been able to visit the park yet, but my main complain would be the XP / Acorn earning ratio. We bust our humps trying to earn XP doing the races and challenges, but only get 25 Acorns for our trouble after leveling up with 1500 XP. Come on, that's just ridiculous. If the XP between levels go up, so should the Acorns earned.

Antonio Xul
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 83 (1,584 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3016 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Anton_Xul wrote:

I haven't been able to visit the park yet, but my main complain would be the XP / Acorn earning ratio. We bust our humps trying to earn XP doing the races and challenges, but only get 25 Acorns for our trouble after leveling up with 1500 XP. Come on, that's just ridiculous. If the XP between levels go up, so should the Acorns earned.

Totally agree on this one. You have to burn a whole lot of midnight oil it seems to get anywhere. At least those bikes can't mow me down anymore though very happy about that.:womanvery-happy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 83 (1,572 Views)
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Jun 26, 2013
If you think paying 300 acorns for an RC plane (not rental) was bad, the real RC planes could go up to $1000 or more.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 83 (1,533 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2952 posts

Jun 26, 2013

I love the new update,  I've been busy with everything that I haven't even checked out the dog park addition yet.  The only issues I have are that I wasn't always able to place my picnic down in the designated areas and I ran into some people who weren't able to as well.  It would also be nice to be able to pick it up and change spots without having to repurchase, in fact you should have an option to buy the picnics(maybe as an LMO similar to Granzellas) instead of having to rent them, same goes for the boat.  It would be nice to have a camera option for the picnics as well, but I really liked the new camera angles on the train and for the rc planes(hope you add rc boats too!)  Other than that stuff, awesome update.  The new rewards are great too, I was actually surprised by them.  I can't wait to see what you guys have planned next for Acorn Meadows.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 83 (1,510 Views)
0 Likes