Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
942 posts

Re: ANTI-Suggestion Thread

Sep 10, 2013

myalana wrote:

We have a suggestion thread, I believe that we need a place to let developers, etc. know what we do NOT want on Home. It seems only right given some of the offerings we see from week to week. I shall humbly offer up some anti-suggestions of my own to start us out:

*"Diamond, Gold, Platinum" items that are not jewelry. It's played out....in fact I don't know anyone who thought much of this theme to begin with. Please stop.

*More Minibike LMOs. Unless that freakin' thing does 17 cool as all get out stunts and costs less than 2 bucks, you missed the boat 6 months ago.

*Jerky, Crappy, Dances that aren't motion-capture. Sorry developers, nDreams spoiled us and most of the other dances out there well, they suck. Some are notable for their comic/ terrible value, but rest assured, that's about it (poses are fine, make us more poses, but we generally loathe your awful choppy dance attempts :smileyhappy:).

Please, share with us, what else do we NOT need nor want in Home?

This looks like more of a protest thread.

Awhile back, I was gonna do a rejection threads.   Basically, it was ideas that was rejected or was too ridiculious to suggest. 

Yes, few ideas I had did get rejected.

But i dropped that thread idea quickly since it would tun into a protest or a joke thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 65 (466 Views)
0 Likes
nDreams Developer
514 posts

Sep 10, 2013

An interesting read!

Here's a few things that we have no control over:

- Having an LMO and a Companion active at the same time

- Male and Female Dance Packs (If you want motion captured dances it has to be like this, different skeletons)

- Hats - we have to make the hair with the hat if we want hair with the item (and there is no extra memory limit for that)

- Regional Delays - Each region does it's own testing and you have to pass in each region before release. nDreams prefer worldwide releases but at times we don't know something fails until a day or two before launch in the regions where it has passed.

General notes about some Anti-Suggestions:

- Diamond / Gold / Platinum - These things aren't for everyone but there are people who buy them.

- Minibike LMOs - We are done with those ;-)

- Owner Only usage - I'll be speakingto the team here to make sure we allow everyone to use things in the future if we do more active items (we already have a couple made that we wont be able to go back and change, but for future products it' somethign i can influence)

- Wings - We wont be doing anymore wings!

- Female only "trashy stuff" - trashy is of course defined by each individual...But someone said the V-Swimsuits bucked a trend, the V-Swimsuits were initially Male only, we added the female later!

- Hold Square to Boost LMO - It does depend on what the LMO is of course.

One thing I want to point out and it is always something I think to myself when going through the suggestion thread. Appreciate that everyone would love to see exactly what they personally want made in Home. Unfortunatley it isn't going to be the case that developers can do that. While it's not all about making money, as a business a developer will need to make things that have a good chance of at least covering the cost of development (which is a lot higher than people think). So we need to make the call, if one person suggests it will there be a good number of people out there who would also want that? If there is, then we can crack on and make it. If it's something so niche that the only person who would probably but it is the person suggesting it and maybe a couple of their friends then it isn't going to get made. Also, if there is something that you personally don't like and would like to see stop, if it is something that keeps being released there is probably a very good reason for that (See Gold / Diamond / Platinum ranges).

Some of the stuff above may not be what people like to hear, but, you know me, I like to be honest!

Keep them coming, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread, I might not jump back in but wanted you guys to know we were reading.

Joey

nDreams Digital Product Manager

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ndreamers
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/joeydale13
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ndreamers
Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 65 (458 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5227 posts

Sep 10, 2013

No more chairs or sofas that don't allow your avatar to recline.

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 65 (422 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7328 posts

Sep 10, 2013

Chairs and couches that cause the avatar to do that silly "lean back" thing when chatting.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 65 (397 Views)
Last Guardian
10834 posts

Sep 10, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

An interesting read!

SEE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE THINKS ITS DEPENDS ON THE LMO!

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

photo AL2009manBanner2013_zpsd80ecc86.png

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: &quotMe love sum animes!" -AL2009man 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 65 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1947 posts

Sep 10, 2013

I hate that lean back while reclining and talking....like try to do that in real life...oh wait we cant.:smileyfrustrated:

photo 557c3c40-b625-4286-ad5f-95b19a50b165.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 65 (369 Views)
Fender Bender
2916 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2013

No more limited time events that make you have to buy weapons or clothing to play the game, and only last about 2 or 3 weeks. While other regions get to have the event for even longer. Also no more dance packs that contain dances that other developers already made.  

bobs fed signature
Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 65 (352 Views)
Gaming Beast
1445 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2013

nDreams_Joey wrote:

An interesting read!

Here's a few things that we have no control over:

- Having an LMO and a Companion active at the same time

- Male and Female Dance Packs (If you want motion captured dances it has to be like this, different skeletons)

- Hats - we have to make the hair with the hat if we want hair with the item (and there is no extra memory limit for that)

- Regional Delays - Each region does it's own testing and you have to pass in each region before release. nDreams prefer worldwide releases but at times we don't know something fails until a day or two before launch in the regions where it has passed.

General notes about some Anti-Suggestions:

- Diamond / Gold / Platinum - These things aren't for everyone but there are people who buy them.

- Minibike LMOs - We are done with those ;-)

- Owner Only usage - I'll be speakingto the team here to make sure we allow everyone to use things in the future if we do more active items (we already have a couple made that we wont be able to go back and change, but for future products it' somethign i can influence)

- Wings - We wont be doing anymore wings!

- Female only "trashy stuff" - trashy is of course defined by each individual...But someone said the V-Swimsuits bucked a trend, the V-Swimsuits were initially Male only, we added the female later!

One thing I want to point out and it is always something I think to myself when going through the suggestion thread. Appreciate that everyone would love to see exactly what they personally want made in Home. Unfortunatley it isn't going to be the case that developers can do that. While it's not all about making money, as a business a developer will need to make things that have a good chance of at least covering the cost of development (which is a lot higher than people think). So we need to make the call, if one person suggests it will there be a good number of people out there who would also want that? If there is, then we can crack on and make it. If it's something so niche that the only person who would probably but it is the person suggesting it and maybe a couple of their friends then it isn't going to get made. Also, if there is something that you personally don't like and would like to see stop, if it is something that keeps being released there is probably a very good reason for that (See Gold / Diamond / Platinum ranges).

Some of the stuff above may not be what people like to hear, but, you know me, I like to be honest!

Keep them coming, I'll be keeping an eye on the thread, I might not jump back in but wanted you guys to know we were reading.

Joey

Thanks for reading and replying Joey! I wonder if any other devs will be so kind to?

A few clarifications...

First, about the pet and LMO at the same time...it wasn't about having an existing pet and LMO out at the same time, obviously that's on the Home team's end. This suggestion was more about having an LMO that also uses the appearance of having a pet, while giving you a full speed boost as well. O-two made these in JP using their L-project pets, and the closest thing in NA & EU would be Gabe & Bael by Hellfire.

Second, my anti-suggestion about hats was to stop making hats in the head slot, period, with or without hair. Make them as head accessories (headphone slot) so we can wear them with any hair. Granzella has made a ton of hats like this, so it is definitely possible.

Also, I know the regional delays are not the devs fault, but rather the Home team's misnomered "quality assurance".

Finally, about the hold square LMOs. From my experience in-world in Home, there are very few, (if any, besides our buddy AL) who actually PREFER hold square. From my experiences talking to various people, not just my friends, people prefer not having to hold square, but will buy the LMO regardless of how it's speed works if they like the style.

A good example would be a few months ago when Veemee released thier scooter LMOs. I was greatly annoyed at the fact that they were hold square, and didn't buy them, and neither did my friends, for the same reason. However, i still saw quite a few people with them. So it inspired me to go around Acorn Meadows Park, in a few different instances, and talk to people with and without the scooters asking their opinions on them. I got 3 types of responses from people.

For the ones without them, they either weren't interested in the scooters period, or they didn't buy them because they were hold square. All the people I personally talked to with scooters said the same thing...they would have preferred it to be single speed, but bought it regardless because they liked the style.

So considering that most people don't care about the speed one way or another, why not just make all LMOs single max speed? That way, the people who were going to buy them regardless still will, but you also won't alienate people who don't buy hold-square LMOs.

This is suggested to all devs of course, not just Ndreams. Even my favorite dev Granzella has a ton of LMOs I had to pass on due to them being hold square. It really is a deal breaker for me, and others too, especially since holding square doesn't even seem to register and give the speed boost half the time.

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 65 (335 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6276 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 10, 2013

There's a lot of great suggestions here, hopefully a few developers are taking notes.

It's nice to see nDreams comment as well, though I'm not surprised entirely. Joey has been in contact with the community for some time, and it's nice to see input from him.

Along with what Bob suggested, my suggestion kind of plays into that as well.

I'm tired of developers , ahem Lockwood for example. Developing spaces such as Kingdom Of The Skies, which is pretty much a useless public lounge, that doesn't benefit the community in anyway. Why is this? Because for starters, if you don't own the apartment versions, you get left out of the rewards that are available there. You can't land on any of the islands minus the one you start on. I get it, developers need a way to make money, but look at what nDreams does Lockwood.

Let's see here, nDreams has Aurora and the rewards there are available to anyone free of charge. Sure, they give away perks that can help you along the way, but those are completely optional. Lockwood should take notes, and develop lounges that has rewards that anyone can obtain, without having to own something, or buy something. Q-Two is another example of having rewards anyone can obtain (partially anyway) without having to spend cash. Cash should not be needed to better an experience, of a public lounge. Save the cash cows for content, if you want to give away certain perks.

Another suggestion, why the abandoned projects? We have Heavy Water who was doing pretty decent at once time on home, and now have faded away into nothing. If anyone visits the lounge D20 district, you'll notice they have a video that states 'Updates for emo Ray every other month." When was the last time we seen an update from Heavy Water period? The real last known thing I remember them doing, was the free giveaways. Which by the way, they were going to do another one for us..and it never came to be. Or at least, it was never brought back up by the developer Heavy Water. Lockwood is also guilty for abandoning things as well, so developers if you're going to start a project, at least follow through with it. And if you're going to not follow through with it, tell the community afterwards about why the project was a bust.

I saw someone suggested no more companions, but honestly I could say the same about LMOs. Or least, LMOs that are revolved around dancing. Now I know I may get some slack from this, and I'm fine with that. But how many dancing LMOs do we actually need on home? I personally am over the dancing LMOs. We need more poses, and mood LMOs. Even LMOs that revolve around normal activities such as; kissing, hugging, drinking, etc. I'd probably be more into dancing LMOs, if there wasn't so many re-copies already on here. As for companions, if a developer is going to make a companion. They should take notes from Q-Two with PeakVox labs. Those companions are too cute, and I think they do a good job showing diversity. Not just..oh here's another cat, dog, or even some other pet that's been made before.

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 65 (316 Views)
I Only Post Everything
519 posts

Sep 10, 2013
This is a great subject, Mya, even if it happens to be presented in a slightly provocative fashion. And kudos to Joey for popping in and giving the developer’s perspective. I hope others chime in as well.

I admit, I’d rather vote with my wallet then to use public forum to indicate what I don’t want, but I understand why Mya started this thread. It seems there is a pattern of certain styles and themes when it comes to new and continuing content. As someone who is admittedly slightly older than the traditional gaming demographic, I understand this all too well. But at the same time I like to think my tastes are not all that dissimilar.

Me? I’d like to see a trickling down of summer/warm weather clothing, especially as we enter the colder season. As much as I love VeeMee/Billabong, the fact is I have enough bikinis to drop-kick Kate Upton to the sun and back. And while I understand the clamoring for “smexy” outfits, I also wouldn’t mind seeing more conservative, stylish fashion. One would do well to pay attention to what Dani is doing, especially now that Lockwood seems to have all but given up on Drey.

I’d also like to see an end to nightclub-style stuff. Just sifting through my furniture this weekend, I found out that I have more turntables than Buck’s Super Stereo World. It seems that all the spaces lately are either mansions or nightclubs. I’d like to see more of a variety of personal spaces. I know we have a great set now, but I can’t believe developers have exhausted all of the ideas.

Signed, someone still waiting for the Candy Factory space. :smileywink:
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 65 (288 Views)