Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Reply
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2011
Offline
92 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013
Tease, you and the previously choosen HCV condone trolling and did nothing to help your fellow HCV when they were being bullied by Glasswalls and two other HCVs. When he was fighting for consumer rights, people's right to do harmless glitches, and not being a mindless yesman, many of you did nothing to help him.  You betrayed him by saying nothing and not defending him, even after he was expelled from the HCV group and was severely punished. Why did you let this happen? Why didn't you help him?
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 222 (667 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/20/2009
Online
3021 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

CelestialDreamer wrote:
Tease, you and the previously choosen HCV condone trolling and did nothing to help your fellow HCV when they were being bullying by Glasswalls and two other HCVs. When he was fighting for consumer rights, people's right to do harmless glitches, and not being a mindless yesman, many of you did nothing to help him.  You betrayed him by saying nothing and not defending him, even after he was expelled from the HCV group and was severely punished. Why did you let this happen? Why didn't you help him?

I'm going to assume these aren't personal attacks.  I'm not even sure exactly to whom you are refering, but I can assure you I have not been party to any desisions that were made by our leadership to remove anyone from the program.  It's not my call to do so.  There are a number of former HCV/MVPs that I still consider friends.

 

I can say for certain, if I condoned trolling, I would not have created this thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 222 (650 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 06/25/2011
Offline
92 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:
Tease, you and the previously choosen HCV condone trolling and did nothing to help your fellow HCV when they were being bullying by Glasswalls and two other HCVs. When he was fighting for consumer rights, people's right to do harmless glitches, and not being a mindless yesman, many of you did nothing to help him.  You betrayed him by saying nothing and not defending him, even after he was expelled from the HCV group and was severely punished. Why did you let this happen? Why didn't you help him?

I'm going to assume these aren't personal attacks.  I'm not even sure exactly to whom you are refering, but I can assure you I have not been party to any desisions that were made by our leadership to remove anyone from the program.  It's not my call to do so.  There are a number of former HCV/MVPs that I still consider friends.

 

I can say for certain, if I condoned trolling, I would not have created this thread.


Then do you remember ShadowKingpin? He felt hurt when most of you backstabbed him and allowed Glass to terrorize him.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 222 (649 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/20/2009
Online
3021 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

CelestialDreamer wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

CelestialDreamer wrote:
Tease, you and the previously choosen HCV condone trolling and did nothing to help your fellow HCV when they were being bullying by Glasswalls and two other HCVs. When he was fighting for consumer rights, people's right to do harmless glitches, and not being a mindless yesman, many of you did nothing to help him.  You betrayed him by saying nothing and not defending him, even after he was expelled from the HCV group and was severely punished. Why did you let this happen? Why didn't you help him?

I'm going to assume these aren't personal attacks.  I'm not even sure exactly to whom you are refering, but I can assure you I have not been party to any desisions that were made by our leadership to remove anyone from the program.  It's not my call to do so.  There are a number of former HCV/MVPs that I still consider friends.

 

I can say for certain, if I condoned trolling, I would not have created this thread.


Then do you remember ShadowKingpin? He felt hurt when most of you backstabbed him and allowed Glass to terrorize him.


I don't know all the details of what happened with him.  If you don't belive it was handled properly, than GW should be the one you address reguarding that.
Back on topic, do you have a suggestion you'd like to share about how we as the Home community should handle the negative behavior that happens in this forum?

I'm off to bed for the night.   Goodnight, everyone!  Looking forward to seeing more suggestions!

 

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 222 (609 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2012
Online
5342 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

Back on topic, do you have a suggestion you'd like to share about how we as the Home community should handle the negative behavior that happens in this forum?


 

I don't get the point you're trying to make. Your suggesting we police this forum? Isn't that Moderations job?

We already have enough mini mods, cliques and favoritism as it is now, don't make things worse.

 

 





Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 222 (590 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Online
16504 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

CelestialDreamer wrote:

Then do you remember ShadowKingpin? He felt hurt when most of you backstabbed him and allowed Glass to terrorize him.



ShadowKingpin wanted to buck the system and was released from the HCV program. Backstabbed? Terrorized? That's not true. If you were released from the old program then you had a right to ask why. He knows why, Done deal. old conversation. Let's get to the topic at hand.

 

ForumTrolls are interesting creatures.  They believe they can do what they want on our forums. A ban doesn't hurt them. They won't get beat up because of a post. Besides a forum ID name they're pretty much anonymous. But what can cause basic arguments that lead trolls to act? Just about anything in the Home forums. I can spend 30 minutes on creating a thread, collecting information and trying to get usefull information for a topic but if a troll finds just one thing wrong with it they will let you know in a rather unpleasant way. just as easy as that. they will disrupt a thread and create such a ruckus to derail a thread and make it theirs ''just because'' they can.

 

Important to remember Not everyone is a troll just because they disagree with you and arguments arise from time to time among the best forum users. Communication with type is worlds different than face to face, where we interpret voice, facial movement and gesture communication differently, or have different tolerances of what we would consider to be real life "trolling" or not.  But, some users throw the name out there and most seasoned forum users who have been around awhilehave seen this from time to time.

Other times it's hard to tell..  Some just post something totally incorrect with an air of authority to get your attention. *See above quote

 

 I would say that it comes down to certain aspects of the forum user. You know how you post and they know what they're doing when they post. Mobile was right in his perception and created a terrific thread laying out the topic in an easy to read and understand format. I read what I have said here a few times..  You can't take or let troll attacks become personal.

 

They have a goal in mind. You.

 

 Don't waste your time with them. Skip it and go on with your life.

duty_calls.png

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 222 (590 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 05/30/2012
Offline
4855 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

CMCSAVAGE wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

Back on topic, do you have a suggestion you'd like to share about how we as the Home community should handle the negative behavior that happens in this forum?


 

I don't get the point you're trying to make. Your suggesting we police this forum? Isn't that Moderations job?

We already have enough mini mods, cliques and favoritism as it is now, don't make things worse.

 

 


 I don't think that is was Tease was suggesting at all.  I think it was more a question of how do we cope with the constant trolling, because really you only have a couple of choices.  You can ignore it ,or as Moble says you can not take it personal, or you can really let it affect you and end up in a flame war.  I have seen it happen several times and the troll always thinks they aren't susceptable to the rules because they will just make another account. 

 

Obviously something has to give, I doubt that trolls are going to go away anytime soon because people seem to get cheap thrills out of it.  In saying that though, does that mean we/I/you should continue to let them ruin it for us? No it doesn't. We need to learn how to deal with it and move on. The old expression 'Don't feed the troll' works better now than ever. Don't give them the reaction they are looking for and they will move on.

 

This is nothing to do with policing the forums but rather growing a thicker skin and not taking it personal.

 

troll.jpg

Legendary_Vicki's SigLegendary_Vicki   Welcoming Committee v2.0 




Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 222 (571 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Online
16504 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

Vickie gets it^^ good morning! :smileyhappy:

 

People get fed up with trolls. Tolerance tends to be not much more than tolerance here for us and I think the moderators know this. I think they have stepped up as of late and here's to consistancy. I think they are the medicine but not the cure as this will never be completly cured.

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 222 (560 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 06/28/2009
Online
7476 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

I read the opening post of this thread as well as the link to moble's post. I can agree with many aspects of both, but in all, I think something important hasn't been touched upon. In my opinion, many times problems arise when people take themselves too seriously or start to consider themselves too important. What often develops in such cases are deepset feelings of intolerance and resentment for other users.

 

Bothered by trolls? They know it...they love it. Laugh at yourself and you disarm them. Be able to kudo the post of or make a positive reply to a person who you usally don't agree with...a good point, a funny joke, a worthwhile post should be appreciated no matter who the person is. Some seem unable to get past petty differences and that's when the divisions start.

 

As for negativity, I try to take it with a grain of salt. There's a time and a place for it and we needn't all rush in and defend Home at all costs. To do so is bullying too is it not? Laugh or just sit back and let things go...hopefully others will be able to do the same.

 

 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 222 (517 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/19/2010
Online
3125 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

I found mobile's thread interesting as well as yours, Tease. The thing about this trolling and especially bullying is we can almost all say we've done it at some point in here and I'd be more weary of the ones who are quick to have us believe they didn't.

 

Should we go looking to witch-hunt anyone, police the forums or ask each member for an apology? No. I think we should look at why these problems exist. We should look at why people like myself and countless others resort to all the craziness that we do. Finding a scapegoat for our problems is easy but finding the root of the problem takes a better person, so let's be better people here and analyze this situation. I have a few theories of my own and some I'd definitely say are reasons of my own for doing bad things.

 

Health conditions, depression, tough personal lives and stop gaps

Let's not be coy about it. A lot of us here and especially the recent influx of alt trolls have at least one of these problems. It's not a justification but a realization we should make. Many do these things because there is something troubling them, or something affecting their mind and self restraint.

 

It could be an abusive family, family deaths, mental conditions like DID, NPD, BPD, Aspergers, Sociopathy, DPD, Psychosis, or the tip of a nervous break down. Many are lonely and Home becomes an addiction and very personal to these people especially. Go to Europe's forum, plenty of nutcases come and go there just like they do here.

 

Oh, I know a few people here attend therapy. Is it for Home? Who knows but they're attending it for a reason and I've at one point been to a therapist on/off myself. I'm making you aware here that the mind is a complex beast and in Home and the forums there's a lot of these complex minds at work.

 

People don't like your balls (LMaO)

You could be a red tag, a blue tag, a dev, a DPM, you could be Mother Theresa for all they care. There' a good chance someone out there doesn't like you and they're reading this forum just like us. I've personally got people stalking me in Home and everything I write in EU. If I go to the Malls, I'm instantly hecked by the same 3 kids or stalked by the same sicko who uses 3 or 4 PS3's at any time to spy. My crimes are apparently using the forum a lot, and getting one or two of their mates in trouble. No matter what I do to make up for that (do I even have to?) one cusses me out still almost every sentence.

 

Not all trolls are trolls...

The biggest illusion is that trolls in this board live under a bridge, behind an alt or use memes/spam. That's not true. Bullies are just as bad and use their main names, even butt heads together and plot ways to shame and embarrass some of our most loved or hated members. They might do it by waiting for someone to slip up on their words, or something minor to be taken way out of context (Home Guide thread, anyone?), or the most common one I'm seeing is they speak for the community and use the C word (that's Community!) to belittle an opponent in a debate.

 

Kitty Pyra brought up the movie Mean Girls. I remember seeing that on a date once :smileyvery-happy: watch it and you'll understand what I mean. There is a lot of what I call intelligent bullying on this board from the people we should expect it least from. Then there's the constant efforts to divide red tags from blue tags when we're really all equally as unimportant as each other.

 

Trolls and bullies are everywhere. We should remember that and we either should deal with all bullying or not deal with it at all. There's no such thing as good or bad bullying, and whatever feels right or wrong doesn't change what bullying and trolling is. Speaking as someone who often engages in bad behavior I can say I don't make any excuses for myself and it does bother me when others are quick to blame people yet take no responsibility for their own bad actions. We're almost all guilty.

 

They don't all have the same motive

They're not all jealous, they don't want to take your place. Some disagree with your viewpoint and want to not argue with it but demolish it entirely by whatever means. They might do this by trying to smear or defamate you in the forum, posing a someone helpful or shamelessly resorting to an alt account (it happens to me all the time). They might want to get rid of someone from the forum. They might not like you for something petty. They might see you as a threat (yeah really, no joke!)

 

There's a chance they genuinely believe "the wrong ones were picked" and the more you try and do to prove that idea wrong the more you're enabling them and proving them right e.g. Home Guide thread. Was it really necessary for an entire fleet of MVP's to disagree with me and say how great they are? No! It only needed 1 or 2 eloquent answers and for the rest to respectfully sit back and say nothing. That bothered me only slightly, but that my friends is what creates division here and enables those PEOPLE you like to call "trolls" because they disagree with you. It has the opposite and not the desired effect!

 

Some feel desperately the only way they can get back at the people that dress themselves up as our elected heroes is by alt making or finding like minded people and doing a 1up. Some feel they are simply "returning the favor" and are bullying back in plain sight. Think about it.

EDIT: I like my crayonz :smileyvery-happy:

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: Due to a shifting landscape, PlayStation Home will cease publishing new content on November 12, 2014.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 222 (514 Views)