221 replies 1070 views Edited May 19, 2013

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 222 (1,070 Views)
Gaming Beast
1605 posts

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 19, 2013

Tease3211 wrote:

moblesuit75 shared some thoughts over in the Support forum that I think is worth a read, and is something I would love to see our Home community embrace.

Our little section of the forum is a special place, albeit one that gets carried away from time to time.  In fact it's one of the few sections on these forums moderation felt it was necessary to create not one, but two special "forum rules" threads and sticky them to the top of the first page.

Does that make us bad?  No.  Does it give us a certain reputation with the rest of the Playstation Community?  Yes, I believe it does.  

We are very quick rally together when certain forum rules such as blacklisting are broken, yet in many cases we seem to tolerate, even encourage "bullying."

What do you think, should we as the Home community be tolerating, and at times even encouraging this behavior?  What are YOUR solutions?

Here is the thread:

There is having a good time, and there is being a Nuisance.

There is definitely bullying on here.   I am a living testament to that.  I cant count the times my threads have been bullied , disrupted or criticized and mocked.  There is definitely cliques here too that band together to disrupt threads or to ridicule others.  I have noticed now that certain people have become so called "MVPS" that they have better manners now on the forum than they did.   I know one thing and that is the standards of being an mvp cant be that high.  It also has gotten to the point where it seems at least 50% of post are made by mvp.  Dont they have their own private forum that ordinary people are forbidden to read?  Please dont report me I just cant help being honest its in my nature.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 222 (1,028 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1729 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Lol. To end ur sentence like that..
Really says a lot
I guess us normal font posters have come to fear that's what all red posters do to those not in their agreement.

Ur thread is fail.
It's funny as to what and how MVP's seem to think that us as a better community is all they want to strive for and all they could do for us in this section. As well as to their newfound role.
Btw.. Different section and different community. Don't get inspired by a mans words so easily next time..
All you kudoing are kudoing the wrong poster. Lol. But as expected. edited for offensive content

- Restless Dreams.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 222 (1,017 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3007 posts

May 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

There is definitely bullying on here.   I am a living testament to that.  I cant count the times my threads have been bullied , disrupted or criticized and mocked.  There is definitely cliques here too that band together to disrupt threads or to ridicule others.  I have noticed now that certain people have become so called "MVPS" that they have better manners now on the forum than they did.   I know one thing and that is the standards of being an mvp cant be that high.  It also has gotten to the point where it seems at least 50% of post are made by mvp.  Dont they have their own private forum that ordinary people are forbidden to read?  Please dont report me I just cant help being honest its in my nature.

There is nothing I see that should be reported in your reply.  :smileyhappy:  The things you mention, the mocking, disruption, negative criticism, yes these are all types of bullying, and exactly the types of behaviors I'm inquiring about.  How would you propose these behaviors should be dealt with here?

Yes the MVPs have a private board we use for communication with one another and the program management.  It's not meant to be a private clubhouse, though.  There is a lot of activity here from MVPs, partially because many of the MVPs that were selected were already active forum users.  

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 222 (995 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3007 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

chicagotops wrote:
Lol. To end ur sentence like that..
Really says a lot
I guess us normal font posters have come to fear that's what all red posters do to those not in their agreement.

Ur thread is fail.
It's funny as to what and how MVP's seem to think that us as a better community is all they want to strive for and all they could do for us in this section. As well as to their newfound role.
Btw.. Different section and different community. Don't get inspired by a mans words so easily next time..
All you kudoing are kudoing the wrong poster. Lol. But as expected. Retaaaarde up in here.

And this could be an example of the behavior in question.  So I put it to the community - Why do we put up with it? and what should we do about it?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 222 (992 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 19, 2013

I love the ideal tease but the forum side of the community is badly fractured.

With the change in the HCV program which is still not warmly recieved and the fact that magically alts are appearing with the only purpose of trolling there are few options....beyond a serious crack down.

Sony's policy is Make*Believe which Home allows users a good window to do just that.

But, there are too many cliques with people feeling their status or the status of people they know in certain positions allow them the rights to bend the rules.

Forums are a text version of "Mean Girls" and it can be scary especially if anyones seen movies like "CyberBully".

The clique users and/or trolls have shown the honor system isnt doable...

So the only real approach is to make rules which have clear consequences for acts of bullying people.

The moderation team can quickly tell the main accounts to alts and such...

So its not what 'we can do' but more 'what can the users and the moderation teamn come to an understanding to do...

Because its obvious users cant police other users...

Thats my nickle on your question!

From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 222 (963 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3007 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Thanks Kitty, I appreciate the nickle!  lol 

I'm not familiar with the film "CyberBully."  I'm going to look that up!

Edit:  You got me curious, so I added it to my movie queue.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 222 (953 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4397 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

AbysmalDawna wrote:

Tease3211 wrote:

moblesuit75 shared some thoughts over in the Support forum that I think is worth a read, and is something I would love to see our Home community embrace.

Our little section of the forum is a special place, albeit one that gets carried away from time to time.  In fact it's one of the few sections on these forums moderation felt it was necessary to create not one, but two special "forum rules" threads and sticky them to the top of the first page.

Does that make us bad?  No.  Does it give us a certain reputation with the rest of the Playstation Community?  Yes, I believe it does.  

We are very quick rally together when certain forum rules such as blacklisting are broken, yet in many cases we seem to tolerate, even encourage "bullying."

What do you think, should we as the Home community be tolerating, and at times even encouraging this behavior?  What are YOUR solutions?

Here is the thread:

There is having a good time, and there is being a Nuisance.

Of course there is cliques here. And I do agree with some of the new MVPs acting different now because they have that title. But if they want to stay in the group they just need to kiss butt and stay active. That's how the older HCV program worked and this is how the new one works too. I'm still wondering why this thread is even in the Home board section of the forums. It should be under General or Off-Topic. It's like most of the MVPs just post on the Home board. Oh wait, most of the new ones just use Home... -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 222 (946 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1405 posts

May 19, 2013
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1930315/

Sadly some people troll here thinking its great lolz and will make them idols but the sad part is its been done to death -literally...
From a decision by Sony to move away from Community to focus on Competition...

To a forum that was on its way to repairing itself in a focus on Community.. now having trolls protected if they help generate site hits..

To the world of HOME being kept in the dark when so many developers have left already...

A concept focused on profits and Competition have another name in the world of Pro-Community- RIP!

May the trolls, drama makers and competitive personas find joy in Sony - I'll do like soo many others and just move on.

Kitty Pyra - Career and Online life ended officially 2014
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 222 (944 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3007 posts

May 19, 2013

@booke - it likely has not been moved, as I am posing a question specifically to the Home community.  Moderation is apparently aware of the thread, as there has already been a post edited by them.

@kitty -  I can understand where you are coming from.   I added that film to my movie queue

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 222 (919 Views)
0 Likes