Reply
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 05/07/2009
Offline
6157 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 22, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

We are very quick rally together when certain forum rules such as blacklisting are broken, yet in many cases we seem to tolerate, even encourage "bullying."

 

This is something that has not been discussed.  Yes, there are differences in opinions, trolls and bullies, but what do we make of those that are none of these but the Puppeteers to the Puppet.  Those who gossip and make things more then what they really are just to cause strife purely for entertainment purposes.  Making statements about people being jealous of one another doesn't help either, its a cop out  "OH she's just jealous of me" or "Don't worry, she's just jealous of you"  Personally, I'm not jealous of NO ONE and NO ONE should be jealous of me since we are all equals and hopefully pass grade school.

 

 


You know, I often wonder if the crazier specimens of this forum look at below-the-belt tactics in North American poltiics and go "hey! I could do that in the Home forum!". Watch a few presidentail debates, nominee debates, then read over some of the more controversial (or at least we're told to think they're controversial topics. You'll be able to draw a lot of comparisons.


Odd that you mention that,

As I plan to go into politics after I graduate LoL... 


I can't say I'm surprised.  I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly with all the other 'honest' and 'well behaved' politicians.

 

I'm not sure how bullying, calling people names and saying things that aren't true is leading by example... But then again, clearly it is an example of something.


Well since I plan on working across the isle,,, There's no need to hold grudges yes?

So what do you say we move on from arguing over the past and work for a better future?

 

Let me start by saying I am sorry for the heavy handed approach I had with some of your past comments, I didn't agree with all of them, but your opinions are just as important as mine or anyone else on this forum and didn't deserve to be treated in such a way.

 

I can only hope you accept my apology and we can both show patience with one another.

 

 


BannerFans.com
Message 211 of 222 (364 Views)
PlayStation MVP
Registered: 08/18/2012
Online
4543 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 22, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

D-Nitrate wrote:

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

EdwCarnby wrote:

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

We are very quick rally together when certain forum rules such as blacklisting are broken, yet in many cases we seem to tolerate, even encourage "bullying."

 

This is something that has not been discussed.  Yes, there are differences in opinions, trolls and bullies, but what do we make of those that are none of these but the Puppeteers to the Puppet.  Those who gossip and make things more then what they really are just to cause strife purely for entertainment purposes.  Making statements about people being jealous of one another doesn't help either, its a cop out  "OH she's just jealous of me" or "Don't worry, she's just jealous of you"  Personally, I'm not jealous of NO ONE and NO ONE should be jealous of me since we are all equals and hopefully pass grade school.

 

 


You know, I often wonder if the crazier specimens of this forum look at below-the-belt tactics in North American poltiics and go "hey! I could do that in the Home forum!". Watch a few presidentail debates, nominee debates, then read over some of the more controversial (or at least we're told to think they're controversial topics. You'll be able to draw a lot of comparisons.


Odd that you mention that,

As I plan to go into politics after I graduate LoL... 


I can't say I'm surprised.  I'm sure you'll fit in perfectly with all the other 'honest' and 'well behaved' politicians.

 

I'm not sure how bullying, calling people names and saying things that aren't true is leading by example... But then again, clearly it is an example of something.


Well since I plan on working across the isle,,, There's no need to hold grudges yes?

So what do you say we move on from arguing over the past and work for a better future?

 

Let me start by saying I am sorry for the heavy handed approach I had with some of your past comments, I didn't agree with all of them, but your opinions are just as important as mine or anyone else on this forum and didn't deserve to be treated in such a way.

 

I can only hope you accept my apology and we can both show patience with one another.

 

 


i forgive you.....and i dont know why i am because i wasnt even here for this


<

         photo evolve_zps9e0e8f3e.jpg

                                                 Welcoming Committee   

Message 212 of 222 (346 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 01/17/2012
Online
3746 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 22, 2013
LiLBlueEyes wrote
Well since I plan on working across the isle,,, There's no need to hold grudges yes?

So what do you say we move on from arguing over the past and work for a better future?

 

Let me start by saying I am sorry for the heavy handed approach I had with some of your past comments, I didn't agree with all of them, but your opinions are just as important as mine or anyone else on this forum and didn't deserve to be treated in such a way.

 

I can only hope you accept my apology and we can both show patience with one another.

 

 


This is very brave of you and I dont wish to steal your thunder but rather join you if I may.  If theres is anyone I have offended because of MY heavy handed approach LOL (now im stealing your words) I would like to take this opportunity to say Im Sorry.  I too wish to move past any misunderstandings and work towards a better future.  Free feel to put me in my place if I get out of hand, for I would rather you tell me to my face then behind my back.  Kudos to LILBlue :womanhappy:

 

Contrary Serperior Now Available for U.S.
Quod dignum sit facere, dignum est farcere bene
#Live the game
Message 213 of 222 (332 Views)
Limit Breaker
Registered: 08/15/2007
Online
16565 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 22, 2013

 

Good to see progress here even if it's small.  

 

 

''The difference between a Stumbling Block and Stepping Stone is the Character of the Individual walking the Path.'' ~Travis Alexander

HomeStationMagazine
Message 214 of 222 (324 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4245 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013

LiLBlueEyes wrote:

Well since I plan on working across the isle,,, There's no need to hold grudges yes?

So what do you say we move on from arguing over the past and work for a better future?

 

Let me start by saying I am sorry for the heavy handed approach I had with some of your past comments, I didn't agree with all of them, but your opinions are just as important as mine or anyone else on this forum and didn't deserve to be treated in such a way.

 

I can only hope you accept my apology and we can both show patience with one another.  


I can and will gladly accept your olive branch, and I'll try and be less abrasive.  I'm sure I can rub people the wrong way, and that's not my intention.  My disappointment in certain things that have affected my friend's and my own experience with Home and knowing things could be so much better has probably led to my short fuse and aggressive manor.  

 

I'll try and have a more positive attitude... But I can promise you it wont be easy... But I can also promise you that if things improve in the way Home is managed it will have a very positive impact on my attitude. :smileyhappy:

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 215 of 222 (228 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 03/12/2007
Offline
4245 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 23, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

 If theres is anyone I have offended because of MY heavy handed approach LOL (now im stealing your words) I would like to take this opportunity to say Im Sorry.  I too wish to move past any misunderstandings and work towards a better future.  Free feel to put me in my place if I get out of hand, for I would rather you tell me to my face then behind my back.  

I know we have had our disagreements, but I have always suspected we both have the same or similar intention, and that is for Home to succeed and everyone to find things about it that keep them entertained.   I know we resolved our disagreements in PM, but I just want to thank you publicly for reaching out.  Kudos.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...


"Like it never happened"


- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 216 of 222 (224 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 12/01/2011
Offline
1398 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 23, 2013
I am anti bully in any of its forms. Its just easy for people to be snipers from behind their keyboards. Usually there's something within themselves that causes them to lash out from their avatars which embody the traits they wish they had I think .
Message 217 of 222 (179 Views)
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 11/27/2009
Offline
553 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

[ Edited ]
May 23, 2013
Kumbaya, my Lord, Kumbaya…. lol. OK, sarcasm over. I’m happy you children have decided to bury the hatchet and play nice in the sandbox, MVP or not.

The OP’s point is an interesting one. And while this whole issue may seem very complicated; its really not. In fact, I’ll sum it up in two words: the Internet.

I wholly subscribe to the “keyboard warrior” theory but that is sort of an oversimplification of the general issue. And when you take away the technology; you’ll see where this goes.

When I was growing up, back when the dinosaurs ruled the earth and you needed rabbit ears just to watch television, we had pretty much a firm control on out social agenda. True, bullying existed, but even then it was handled with a fair amount of decisiveness. If it got out of hand, then you either kept taking it and let it control you or you simply had enough and fought to make it stop, mentally if not physically. But, the thing was, you had a modicum of control. In large part because the environment was simple: you had a “network” of a few close loyal friends, a fair amount of acquintances, perhaps even a lover or two (cue sexy music). My point is, everything sociable at that was was fairly contained and well within your power to deal with most difficulties.

In the Internet; the opposite is true. You are dealing with tens, if not hundreds, if not thousands of people in your “network” now. Many of them are people who have never met, or never even seen. Anonymity, however relative it may be, reigns supreme. And organized chaos is the rule of law. Combine that with each of our own quirks, foibles, insecurities and attributes and you have a formidable hodgepodge of ego, talent, attitude and confidence. Add to that the fact that we really aren’t in control, as much as we like to think otherwise, and the result is the bullying, arguing and all around drama that permeates most every aspect of social media. It ain’t just in this forum folks, you just wish it were that way so you can feel more important.

So what do we do about it? Well, I certainly have no pert answer for you; and the truth is it isn’t that simple to explain in one post or even one book. The best advce I can give is to stay true to who you are and remember your environment. And also remember that behind every post; behind every avatar; behind every pile of pixels and polygons, is a real human being; with real thoughts, real feelings, real opinions, and yes, real attitudes. Know thine enemy and know thine friend. And know who to keep close and who to keep closer. And always remember, how someone acts toward you may be a reflection on them. How you react is a reflection upon yourself.

In closing, I think this all-around attacking and attitude over the MVP program and its members needs to stop. I’ve been friends and associates with a few MVPs over my time on Home and the ones I have had experiences with are of excellent character and worthy of their responsibilities. And I think no less nor no more of them in their new status. If you have a legitimate beef with an MVP, or they are doing wrong, it is in your interest (and the community’s) to advise and if need be report. But if you’re just copping an attitude because they have a beacon and you don’t, or they happen to congregate together with a lot of other avatars that have familiar names, then as mentioned before it reflects on you and I recommend that you rethink that stance. Come join us. We won’t bite, I can promise you that. However, don’t you dare think of trying to take away our balls. :smileytongue:

Edit: typo
Photobucket
Message 218 of 222 (149 Views)
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2013
Offline
34 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 29, 2013

It's obvious a lot of people depend on playstation for various reasons,many use it as their only means of social contact,some use this as a means to validate themselves as having worth,talent,a reason to be...Simply because they have something to do with their time finally,go on Home.Many,true,have mental problems and usually can be spotted in the crowd prettly easily.Other's I call armchair bullies or behind the screen.The anonymity  the internet provides usually brings out the worst in those who are capable of it anyway,rather than the best.   I've also found the hypocrsy of those crying unfair and unjust treatment to be nothing more than an armchair bully not getting the result it wants...,,, for example...i've been called troll,stalker,freezer,many things I can't repeat here,for no other reason than someone doesn't like my presence..And believes if they say those things loud enough and repeatedly they can achieve the results they want,which is nothing more than you to leave,a space you have every right to be in..The same people would also clone your screen name and leave posts on the twitter board trying to cause trouble and perhaps a bit of drama to their otherwise meaningless lives?Any readers feel free to go read the twitter boards at peak ninja and see for yourself,my real name posted along with clones of my name,two actually,this done by one of the loudest squeekers of all,whos favorite words here are troll..Freezer..BULLY..like I said,the ones with the biggest problems,who are treating off the fact they hide behind a screen,are Home's biggest problems:smileywink:

Message 219 of 222 (99 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
Registered: 04/16/2013
Offline
34 posts
 

Re: A fellow MVPs stance on "Trolling"

May 29, 2013

It's obvious a lot of people depend on playstation for various reasons,many use it as their only means of social contact,some use this as a means to validate themselves as having worth,talent,a reason to be...Simply because they have something to do with their time finally,go on Home.Many,true,have mental problems and usually can be spotted in the crowd prettly easily.Other's I call armchair bullies or behind the screen.The anonymity  the internet provides usually brings out the worst in those who are capable of it anyway,rather than the best.   I've also found the hypocrsy of those crying unfair and unjust treatment to be nothing more than an armchair bully not getting the result it wants...,,, for example...i've been called troll,stalker,freezer,many things I can't repeat here,for no other reason than someone doesn't like my presence..And believes if they say those things loud enough and repeatedly they can achieve the results they want,which is nothing more than you to leave,a space you have every right to be in..The same people would also clone your screen name and leave posts on the twitter board trying to cause trouble and perhaps a bit of drama to their otherwise meaningless lives?Any readers feel free to go read the twitter boards at peak ninja and see for yourself,my real name posted along with clones of my name,two actually,this done by one of the loudest squeekers of all,whos favorite words here are troll..Freezer..BULLY..like I said,the ones with the biggest problems,who are treating off the fact they hide behind a screen,are Home's biggest problems:smileywink:

Message 220 of 222 (95 Views)