May 19 2013
By: Jersquall Limit Breaker 16066 posts

3rd Party Developers

35 replies 350 views Edited May 19, 2013

Third party developers are constantly looking for the next hot Home item. Good thing for those who use Home but it is also their job. Their livelihood. I think they do a pretty good job and looking back and seeing some of them grow has been pretty awesome in itself.

Let's talk about a few things.

First off this is not a complaint thread about pricing or items or spaces that have issue but more about the developers themselves and how they are doing. Do They need more competition (Do we need more developers in Home)?  Are they doing their part as far as supply and demand? Who is your favorite? What are you looking for in a Home developer?

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 36 (350 Views)
Fender Bender
2827 posts

Re: 3rd Party Developers

May 19, 2013
I'm looking for lasting experiences in temporary content. Stuff you can say "I was there" about. I think the park we got from VeeMee is on the right track with this.

Innovation's a toughie. I like seeing what else they can do in Home but that's reliant on the core client getting new features and additions.

Jersquall: Any new news on Home on PS4 yet?

Tempest_Fire: There is no new news to share at this time.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 36 (346 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1157 posts

May 19, 2013
My favorite developer is Granzella. They do a great job of releasing tons of content and pricing it quite well, and provide a huge variety of items. What i'm looking for from the other developers is more originality. There's only so many reskinned bikinis and "me too" LMOs I can take. We have these suggestion threads every month and I rarely see anything posted in them come to fruition. I personally would love to see that change. AtomRepublic is one developer who takes a good hard look at what the Home community wants and works hard to try and meet the requests, even though he's only one guy. Props to him. That's not to say the other developers don't work hard as well.

Also just wanted to say kudos to ndreams as of late. I wasn't a fan of their initial offerings for animations but they've really been stepping it up. -clap-
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 36 (338 Views)
PlayStation MVP
5443 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

I do like competition it would been boring if we had only 1 developer or few because they would be making the same content having a lot of developers benefits us because they will try to make their content better than the competition and that benefit us

My favorite developer would have to be Granzella their clothes,spaces and events are fantastic also because they have a lot of japanese oriented spaces etc and i really like the japanese content the current event they have in the japanese home "The Kikai Machine Empire" shows how much a small company can accomplish and  that the big developers should take note from then if a small company like Granzella can make so much for Home there no reason why they can't

Also what i am looking from the developers is to make more events not those were you have to dance for some minutes to get a reward i want to have fun throw more quality mini games to keep the people happy and don't make tons of spaces that will never get updated keep updating your spaces with rewards and new content to keep the people coming back it goes to show that the saying "Quality over Quantity" is indeed true

KANE-FIRE

Twitter   Welcoming Committee  [INFO] Final Fantasy Type-0 HD[INFO] WWE2K15  Youtube

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 36 (315 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29012 posts

May 19, 2013

I'd like to see LMO pricing get real! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 36 (301 Views)
Limit Breaker
16066 posts

May 19, 2013

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

''First off this is not a complaint thread about pricing or items or spaces that have issue but more about the developers themselves'' *points to the corner* :smileytongue:

Try again. :smileywink:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 36 (294 Views)
PlayStation MVP
29012 posts

[ Edited ]
May 19, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

''First off this is not a complaint thread about pricing or items or spaces that have issue but more about the developers themselves'' *points to the corner* :smileytongue:

Try again. :smileywink:

It's not a complaint. It's just a suggestion – recommendation – and a hope. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 36 (283 Views)
Treasure Hunter
8600 posts

May 19, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

Third party developers are constantly looking for the next hot Home item. Good thing for those who use Home but it is also their job. Their livelihood. I think they do a pretty good job and looking back and seeing some of them grow has been pretty awesome in itself.

First off this is not a complaint thread about pricing or items or spaces that have issue but more about the developers themselves and how they are doing. Do They need more competition (Do we need more developers in Home)?  Are they doing their part as far as supply and demand? Who is your favorite? What are you looking for in a Home developer?

I'm sorry but this is a sily question.  Do you really think anyone is going to say "NO, there are way to many items in Home as is!"  If Home is to keep on evolving it needs an never ending list of new stuff being added to Home all the time.  If this was ever to stop then Home would start to die.

Asking if you think there needs to be more 3rd party devlopers is like asking a kid if he or she would like to goto an amusement park with just 5 rides or one with over 200 rides.  It's a no brainer!

So the question should not be if Home needs more 3rd party devlopers but why doesn't it?  Looks to me like Sony is just not selling their own product.  Or,  is the reason we are not seeing any new 3rd party developers is due to Home being in a beta.

As for your "supply and demand" no shuch thing in a virtual reality world.

Folding@home Team #118000
GAPHome

General

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 36 (273 Views)
PlayStation MVP
6100 posts

May 19, 2013

Jersquall wrote:

I don't think we need more developers in Home. How many versions of wings and mini bikes do we need.

I think we need to keep offering the ones we have Idea's because it lets them know what we want.

I think as Home progresses, the third party developers can taper off in creating just LMO' but creating LMO's that work in a entertainment space, let me explain.

3 years ago I suggested a water park with slides and all the other fun stuff found in water parks, we have gotten one step closer to that kind of reality with Acorn Park... I don't mind paying $5 for an LMO if there is a place to use it.

It will soon come to the point where we have to think outside the box,  and that's when the real fun will happen.

I think in the future, more public spaces should be made to grow and expand, I would rather have one place that changes activities every few months, then multiple places that become obsolete after a few weeks.

I don't have a favorite third party developer, because each brings their own flavor to the table.

I do have one complaint, if major events are going to be handled by third party developers from now on, they need to step up and do it right, everyone from new user to jaded old vet should get a big wow out of it.

I admire the third party developers, especially the ones that get on the forums and interact with their customers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 36 (267 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
7047 posts

May 19, 2013

I'm looking for the same thing I think a lot of other users are looking for...namely, a Scots accent. I dinnae ken wot ur on about but a Scots accent would win me over in short order. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 36 (255 Views)