Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 03 2013
By: veemee_alan VEEMEE Developer 48 posts

3D Printer update – 3rd July 2013

15 replies 386 views Edited Jul 3, 2013

Hi everyone! It’s been a very busy week for us, so you’ll notice a few threads from us today – we have so much content going on that we couldn’t fit it all in one place!

We have a bunch of new items available in the 3D printer as of this week, and we just wanted to check in with everyone to go over all the new stuff and hear what you all think.

First up are some new Mini Plane locomotion items. We launched our Mini Plane range recently and you guys loved them so much that we’ve gone ahead and released 3 more! This time they are available through the 3D printer, so you get the added benefit of gifting them to a friend if you wish. These Mini Planes have some really cool features, with glowing afterburners and retractable landing gear that fold up inside the aircraft when you reach max speed, and fold out again when you slow down to land.

We’ve also got a new Modular Kitchen finish available to print – You can now help furnish your own or your friend’s apartment with this Tomato red version of our popular kitchen range. There are 12 different components for you to pick and choose from, allowing you to design the perfect kitchen layout for your avatar.

Also in the printer this week, after a number of requests from the community, are female versions of 2 of our popular male items from the printer’s first release content – the Horrible Jumper and the Laser Hand Claws.

Let us know what you think! We have a bunch more things planned for the 3D printer, with the next update coming in a couple of weeks, so if you have any ideas for items that you might like to see in the future, or even ideas for the 3D printer itself, let us know. Feel free to reply to this thread or send your ideas directly to us at community@veemee.com – we read them all!

If you need assistance with anything or are experiencing any issues with any of the 3D printer content or functionality, let us know by emailing us at support@veemee.com and we will do our best to help you out.

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (386 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

Re: 3D Printer update – 3rd July 2013

Jul 3, 2013

I see that you call the color of the new kitchen set "tomato red', but it looks more like dark salmon in the machine. Is the color in the pictures that far off?

Home will be gone some day, but we don't know when. I intend to enjoy it as long as I can. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (378 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1903 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Nice update you guys, I'm glad to see the first batch of new content added to the 3D Printer and I hope to see even more new items implemented in the weeks to come. :catwink:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (358 Views)
0 Likes
VEEMEE Developer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 3, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

I see that you call the color of the new kitchen set "tomato red', but it looks more like dark salmon in the machine. Is the color in the pictures that far off?

Hi VioletWinds (cool username by the way!),

As the units are quite glossy it can be difficult to see accuratley in the previews, and compared to our VEEMEE red used in the printer interface (which is darker and more punchy), the finish on the cabinets is a bit less saturated and very slightly more orangey.

Best advice I can give you if you are considering these items is to check them out in our promo video below, they appear around the 0:30 mark:

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (339 Views)
Survivor
1604 posts

Jul 3, 2013

Thank you and WOW! do they ever look orange in the video. Now I'm thinking Halloween.

Home will be gone some day, but we don't know when. I intend to enjoy it as long as I can. I hope you do, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
568 posts

Jul 3, 2013
Awesome some people (valky) though you gave up on this. I'm going to get that horrible sweater for sure
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (314 Views)
0 Likes
VEEMEE Developer
48 posts

Jul 3, 2013

VioletWinds wrote:

Thank you and WOW! do they ever look orange in the video. Now I'm thinking Halloween.

A Halloween themed kitchen now there's an idea :smileyvery-happy:

It can be quite tricky to see this color accurately against our VEEMEE red background, so to help you out I just did a quick edit on a still from the video, and desaturated the background color to just leave the kitchen, this should show you what the finish is like a little easier :smileyhappy:

tomato_kitchen_range.jpg

VEEMEE_ForumSig.png

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (294 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3165 posts

Jul 3, 2013

I like the new additional counter top cabinets. I'm not feeling that new color though LOL. Will the three new counter cabinets be available for the other kitchen sets sold in the PSN store?:womanhappy:

=+=Irresponsible kids are raised by irresponsible parents who were once irresponsible kids themselves.The vicious cycle continues.=+=
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (261 Views)
Sackboy
403 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

First off, thank you for your excellent gift machine.  The implementation is fantastic, and self-gifting is an option I think many users(myself included) appreciate very much.  Veemee has really stepped its game up.  Increased involvement in the community via the forums is also worthy of applause.  With the obligatory back patting out of the way, I would like to ask a question.

Is there any chance Veemee could set up a dedicated public space similar to those Lockwood and Loot currently have on the Navigator?  In this space, users could scroll through "Floor Models" of the items offered in the machine or Veemee store prior to purchase.  This would give the user an opportunity to preview an item in-world prior to committing to a purchase, as opposed to relying solely on the thumbnails in the machine. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (250 Views)
Survivor
1991 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 4, 2013

Is any of the "good stuff" gonna cost $10 in VEEMEE tokens?

I hope you guys saw your mistake, there. Noone is gonna WANT to spend THAT much on a bed, LMO or a kitchen setup. Your stuff is good...but it aint $10 good!

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (241 Views)