Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4194 posts

Re: 2008-? Suggestions (for functionality of Home)

Jul 8, 2013
And yes, we should always keep expressing suggestions for improvement. As long as they're presented in a respectful manner, i see no problem with sharing new ideas. Not all of our ideas will be immediately feasible, but we'd be doing ourselves and the Home community a disservice if we grew complacent. We could be stuck in 2009 with no storage or favorites, no radios or TVs, 50-item furniture limits and a few default dances with no LMOs, but I like progress. Change is good.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 19 (195 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4194 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Joanna: IKR? I must've had like 40 picnic guests that day! Don't tell Jer, but his sammich is a leftover from Saturday's picnic :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 19 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
16316 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

StephieRawks wrote:
IDK about that Jer, I think they're all good suggestions, most of which the community has been wanting for a very long time. In fact, I would even add a couple points to the list:

- Bring back the option to sort wardrobe and furniture items *in storage* by last used.
- Give us more control over sorting items by allowing us to add tags like casual, formal, costume, Lockwood, Granzella, pink, red, blue, hoodie, jeans, skirt, wedges, etc.
- Let us store and favorite hairstyles. I hate having to wait for the horrible default styles to load just to get to the good stuff!
- Make it easier to send messages to the entire club roster. I know you can send XMB messages to 12 friends at a time, but sometimes there are several club members who aren't on my list. There should be an easier way to communicate to all online and offline club members, since not everyone checks the bulletin board regularly.
- Separate tabs for picture frames and *other* wall hangings. Since frames can't be used in clubhouses, we should at least be able to use non-frame wall hangings, like posters, hanging shelves, wall art, etc.

That being said...
D: you should realize Tempest has a double-workload at the moment with Glass' departure and maybe cut him a little slack for the time being. From the few conversations I've had with Tempest, I get the impression that he understands the community better than his predecessor, and could make some positive changes, given the chance.

(Also, as far as I know, the Home core client devs are in EU, so in this particular case, he'd basically just be passing the info along to them.)

Jer: I know you and Glass were nauseatingly buddy-buddy, but he wasn't the perfect Community Manager and it doesn't help that you speak for Tempest as if he's still your old buddy Glass. Try letting people get to know him a bit. Not sure how Hearitwow's answers are relevant here either, but TBH, I missed that convo. Unless he started working for Home though, I can see why his answers weren't immediately accepted as the final word.

Now, back to your corners, boys! *Passes out sammiches and Dr. Pepper*

Where did I say Glasswalls was the perfect manager or are you assuming I did because I never mention shortcoming of friends in forums? None of my friends by the way. I didn't speak for TF but I know he is busy, You also spoke for him why? You can but i did? okay.. Don't ask how long TF and I have known eachother :smileywink: If you had followed the forum threads over the last 6 months you might understand why hearitwow was signifigant but unfortunatly you don't.

keep your moldy sammiches. :smileywink:

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 19 (192 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4194 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Yeah, I said people should give him a chance, but I haven't been going from thread to thread shooting down legitimate suggestions on his behalf. If you can't see the difference there, IDK what to tell ya.

The sammiches aren't moldy *yet*, but you keep them...stare at them complacently for a few more days and they will get moldy :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 19 (169 Views)
Survivor
1980 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Well, here's the thing...

In regard to the PS3, were dealing with tech thats going on almost 7 years now. The PS3 only has 512MB of RAM and it is VERY restricted to what it can do. In fact, Im surprised Home even runs half as good as it does, TBH.

THIS IS WHY HOME NEEDS TO BE ON THE PS4!

When youre dealing with 8GB of GDDR5 RAM under the hood...MOST of Home's "technical problems" would be non existent. Not to mention leave plenty of room for expansion, addons, upgrades, etc...

I believe were at the point where Home is getting too big for the PS3, in more ways than one.
I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 19 (153 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
3436 posts

Jul 8, 2013

I have to admit, once upon a time I was one of the people that will tell D-Nitrate to give it a rest, but over time I realized I was wrong and apologized for my mistake.  D-Nitrate is one of the most passionate people I've met on Home and all he wants is to see it get better (and it will) Its just gonna take time.  Just look at how much progress Home has made since it was first launched back what 5 years go?

I support and agree with all the improvements he is requesting and I really don't think its out of reach or farfetched.  If you don't agree it is just as easy to not click on the thread and refrain from adding unnecessary commentary in an attempt to negate his point of view or derail it.  Everyone should be allowed to have a voice (I've said this many of times) without having our fellow community members attack us for having a point of view we don't agree with.  Some have even stooped to throwing other members under the bus to make themselves look good.  So how does this help?  It doesn't.  

Jers, wasn't you one of the people who agreed with Game Mechanics when he said in his article that all Home users are misfits?  Well if that's the case then this would apply wouldn't it?  So let him rant, rave, complain to his hearts content because believe you and me he does not do it with ill intent but out of true love for Home and its potential and at some level we are all misunderstood. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 19 (148 Views)
Survivor
1980 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

Also, keep this in mind too...

They keep adding more and more content every week. Our storage's keep getting bigger and bigger...with that, Home cache is going to get bigger and bigger. Eventually, theyre gonna push the PS3 to it's limits and theyre gonna hit a ceiling with what theyre able to do, from a technical standpoint.

How many more years do you really think the PS3 can support a virtual environment like Home, given its old tech and restrictions? If they dont put Home on the PS4 at some point, eventually theyre gonna have to shut it down.

PS3 does not equal PC. It DOES have it's limitations...and with it, so does Home.

I'm A Shadow. One That No Light Will Shine On. As Long As You Follow Me....You Will Never See The Day.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 19 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2425 posts

Jul 8, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Here we go again... 

Better Communication & Customer Service:

We desperately need better communication and customer service from our Home managers and staff members on questions and issues with Home.  Currently they spend 10x more time on these forums pushing new content than answering questions and addressing issues with Home and content that isn't new.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: Better communication and customer service is always desirable even if it's already good.

Better Item Management:

At the very least we need the same sorting and filtering options for items in storage that we have for items not in storage, and we desperately need a 2nd storage folder that is not a spillover so we can find items we want that are forced into storage.  There isn't even an option to sort Inventory Items (LMO & Companions) by Last Used.   At best they should add more folders (just as they have in the store - which seperates shirts, coats, and dresses).  Ornaments is an especially bad folder as it lumps so many totally unrelated and different items together.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: More folders is a good idea in my opinion.

Improve the Character Saves Folder:

As it is now, you have to wait until all of your character saves loads before you can pick one or save a new one.  Instead of adding more character saves slots to the same folder as they did when they went from 9 to 24 and now to 48 for PS+ members, instead they should have multiple character save folders, with one page (12) saves each.  This way not only will it take a lot less time to load your saves before using them, but we would also finally be able to organize our characters.  For instance, you could use one folder for formal wear, another for swim wear, another for cosplay, etc, etc etc.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: I like the idea of more folders with less character saves on each page. It can at present at times take time to load.

Restore the Crippled Targetting System:

It used to be we could target any item in our spaces, which allowed us to use chairs as quick transporters without using up unnecessary slots,  and saving a lot of time getting around.  Now some items you can't even target when they are RIGHT in front of you.  The idea this was some kind of improvement is laughable.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: I disagree strongly. Using chairs to transport around a space is something I dislike very much.

Update Older Active Items:

The problem with most older active items is that they were assigned the default max 22 slot allocation, even though clearly many would only require as little as 1 slot.  While some developers are starting to update their older active items to lower their slot allocation, Sony has so far refused to do that.  The claim made by certain people is that the cost would not be worth it, but after speaking with someone from Digital Leisure, they said they were able to update their active item arcades from 22 slots to just 1 at practically no cost, and was very simple to do.  Furthermore, if these older active items got updated to use fewer slots, it would only encourage many to buy them that did not before due to the slot amount being so excessive.  Not only that, but by using fewer slots, it will allow users to add more items to their spaces, thus encourage more sales of other items as well.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: I wish this comes true for more if not all Active item.

The Ability to Save Multiple Layouts of Our Spaces:

Prior to 1.75, it was possible to do this by making copies of the individual space files, but to switch layouts you had to quit Home and copy the file(s) you wanted to switch to and then restart Home... But that was still a lot faster than removing all the items from a space and redecorating each and every time.  This allowed people to have special holiday themes to their spaces, some which easily took days to make.  1.75 however made all that effort useless as we can no longer simply swap files.  While they should have thought of that BEFORE going live with 1.75, the least they can do is add a feature that allows us to save multiple layouts.  Doing so would also promote the sale of more items to use to decorate those layouts with.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: I liked the idea of saving our spaces on a flash drive either for safety backup or to save spaces with various furniture placements. I'm sorry it was taken away with the cloud storage.

Ability to Sort Our Personal Spaces and Tag some as Favorites:

As it is now, the more spaces you own the more difficult and time consuming it is to try and find them in the list of spaces.  It would be very useful if we could tag some of them as favoroites so they are listed at the top.  At the very least they should list them Alphabetically.  Instead, as it is now, you have to try and remember when you bought the space in order to find it.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: Excellent idea. It's time consumming at times to wait for some to load. Too bad we can't put some spaces in a folder like area.

Improve the Organization of Public Spaces:

In NA Home, not only do they only list the publiv spaces alphabetically, but many of those spaces are not even in the correct order based on the name of the space as shown in the list.  In other regions, spaces are also orhanzied by developer and even genre - which makes finding these space much easier than what we currently have in NA Home.

Improve the Shopping Experience in Home:

The fact that shopping in Home has only gotten worse lately makes you wonder if Sony really cares about sales in Home.  The removal of the Shears store has made it far more dificult to shop for hair items.  For one, there should be more grouped store categories, not less - like Shears.  For another, all stores should be available and easy to find in the Nav menu for quick purchases.  For another, ALL items should offer a preview, and not just single wardrobe items.  If it has special animation, then there should be a video preview option to click on.  For furnishings, in order to see the actual size, they should have a preview pic option that shows the item next to an average size avatar.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: Comparing avatar size to item size would be good. How tall are we anyway? There's no way to tell.

Improve the Ignore & Block Options:

We should have the ability to make the avatar of someone that we are ignoring or blocking to disappear from our view - and not just make it appear as though they are looking away from us.  This way it would give each person the ability to decide for themselves what they feel is appropriate or not in the space they are in.  If they are offended by something they see, they should have an option to make that avatar disappear from their view.

Not only that, but it should also make our avatar disappear from their view.  As it is, even if you ignore or block someone, from their POV they can continue to harass our avatar for the amusement of their friends around them.  If instead our avatar disappears from their view, it would end the incentive of abuse.   If we had the option to make them vanish that would help a great deal.

Kid Fleetfoot replies: OK. Sounds good.

Kid Fleetfoot comment: I deleted comments I have no issue with or don't know enough about. I left in the ones I agree with or disagree with to a strong opinion, or reasonably strong.

I hope this is readable, understandable and not html messed up.  

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 19 (131 Views)
Limit Breaker
16316 posts

Jul 8, 2013

TSUNADE1224 wrote:

I have to admit, once upon a time I was one of the people that will tell D-Nitrate to give it a rest, but over time I realized I was wrong and apologized for my mistake.  D-Nitrate is one of the most passionate people I've met on Home and all he wants is to see it get better (and it will) Its just gonna take time.  Just look at how much progress Home has made since it was first launched back what 5 years go?

I support and agree with all the improvements he is requesting and I really don't think its out of reach or farfetched.  If you don't agree it is just as easy to not click on the thread and refrain from adding unnecessary commentary in an attempt to negate his point of view or derail it.  Everyone should be allowed to have a voice (I've said this many of times) without having our fellow community members attack us for having a point of view we don't agree with.  Some have even stooped to throwing other members under the bus to make themselves look good.  So how does this help?  It doesn't.  

Jers, wasn't you one of the people who agreed with Game Mechanics when he said in his article that all Home users are misfits?  Well if that's the case then this would apply wouldn't it?  So let him rant, rave, complain to his hearts content because believe you and me he does not do it with ill intent but out of true love for Home and its potential and at some level we are all misunderstood. 

I agree a lot. I have talked to many on the upper echelon at Sony about improvements. but just like any big company the management has their hands tied often and Sony has their own way of doing business. the issue I have is if you have a valid point D automatically labels you. never accepts your point and continues making threads for arguments sake throwing n little quips to offend and label..  I think he is passionate and I used to support his threads way more than I do now. he will most likely continue until Home has it's last day. good fortune either way.  

HomeStationMagazine
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 19 (117 Views)