Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Re: 15K Closed beta NOT in April

Apr 24, 2007
Wow! over 4000 people viewed this post, that means 4000+ are thoroughly interested in this home beta. Not to mention the slots taken away for game dev's, good friends, etc... Well I'm a little worried about those who not registered with these forums, but are equally interested. Lets jus hope April will be the month Sign-ups begin, PLEASE!!11!
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 24, 2007

SiMpLy_ImPreSSd wrote:
Wow! over 4000 people viewed this post, that means 4000+ are thoroughly interested in this home beta. Not to mention the slots taken away for game dev's, good friends, etc... Well I'm a little worried about those who not registered with these forums, but are equally interested. Lets jus hope April will be the month Sign-ups begin, PLEASE!!11!

This thread has been viewed that many times, not necessarily be a different person each time. Also, not everyone who has looked in this thread may be thoroughly anticipating Home. There are other threads though, and thousands and thousands of people are ready for Home. If 4,000 willing players wanted to get into the beta, there would be plenty of room. Sadly, the competition will be fierce
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 24, 2007
Im not sure if any one caught this or already posted it, but....

"First and foremost, the Home closed beta is scheduled to kick off in April with 15,000 users. This first stage of the beta will run through August, at which point it will enter the open beta phase and open up to approximately 50,000 users. The free service, which Sony is trying to get under 500MB in size, is scheduled to go live in October."

Notice he said KICK OFF in April and will RUN THROUGH august.....then the open beta starts.

P.S. it also says "Scheduled", which if i know Sony correctly...means it may be delayed.
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Apr 25, 2007
According to my resources that I know, none of them know of a planned release date for beta
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Apr 25, 2007

Aerfox wrote:
According to my resources that I know, none of them know of a planned release date for beta

Everyone on this forum could say the exact same thing.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Rux
Treasure Hunter
5135 posts

Apr 25, 2007

SSSnake wrote:
Im not sure if any one caught this or already posted it, but....

"First and foremost, the Home closed beta is scheduled to kick off in April with 15,000 users. This first stage of the beta will run through August, at which point it will enter the open beta phase and open up to approximately 50,000 users. The free service, which Sony is trying to get under 500MB in size, is scheduled to go live in October."

Notice he said KICK OFF in April and will RUN THROUGH august.....then the open beta starts.

P.S. it also says "Scheduled", which if i know Sony correctly...means it may be delayed.

Welcome to the forums

Yes, that confirms that the closed beta registrations will be available before the end of April, and the tester will have the opportunity to try out Home until August. After that, the open beta testers will take their turns. Hopefully, all this shceduling will be prepared on time

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1072 posts

Apr 25, 2007
There is no business perspective since Sony is knows they're going to have thousands upon thousands of signups AND they are not gaining anything financially from opening up beta registrations.   In fact, they'll be better off opening registrations on the day least likely to have the most amount of people hammering the site.  That way the registrations can trickle in rather than one mad crush.

This isn't Ticketmaster.  There's not going to be "15,000" slots and then the registrations close.  It'll be open long enough for Sony to get MORE than the maximum number they intend of having throughout the entire length of the test so they can

1) Have enough people to pick on based on demographics
2) Have enough people to invite throughout the length of the test

Everyone who wants to sign up will have a chance.  I don't think there's any doubt in that.  Whether or not they'll get that golden ticket is another matter.

(PSN: CraigHwk)
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 37 (27 Views)
0 Likes