Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1231 posts

Re: Tips for maintaining and maximizing your PlayStation Home connectivity

Aug 17, 2012
I must say that I do these things. and that other should too. and read this cause it might help with freezes and other errors.

What is a man? (Just look above)... "The ultimate measures of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy".
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 30 (950 Views)
Survivor
2579 posts

Re: Tips for maximizing your PlayStation Home connectivity

Aug 18, 2012

Very Nice post ! !

Great work has usual :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 30 (934 Views)
Splicer
45 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Great tips! Why can't more people post informative useful info like this instead of blah blah blah look at me and all my posts!

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 30 (922 Views)
Fender Bender
3266 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Love the tips! :smileyhappy:. This should help Home run better for me! :smileyvery-happy:

photo tumblr_ltj7u6nyrU1qetp61o1_500_zpse82365c3.gif
http://auroraterra.deviantart.com/
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 30 (903 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 29, 2012

thanks for give me tips for home playStation.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 30 (859 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I just wanna point out that step 6, although is correct that these things will not be effected, for those that collect fossils at Granzella Hideaway, all your fossils that HAVE NOT been apraised are stored in your cache.

Just so you know.   : )

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 30 (754 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2935 posts

Sep 19, 2012

I was recently shown what is slowing down Home for me. Is it your connection or is it your console? Home is over 12 GB now. So it takes up a lot more memory and space on your HD then it used to. The current HD in this console is just not fast enough. When a friend told me about a not so new solid state hard drive and how it improved his experience in Home. I got the Seagate Momentus XT 500 GB 2.5 Inch Solid State Hybrid Drive.

This HD has made a night and day difference with my experience in Home. I load every thing 2X faster. I have a very large inventory in Home. I now get to everything really fast. I have over 500 pictures on my HD getting them to my Home picture frames is a breeze now. Getting to GZ beach loads up in seconds. Don't take my word for this take a look for yourself. Just so you know it's not just your connection anymore...

AlphaZone4.com | Home Item Database
Map
Map

Schlachlen-Haus fünf ................................

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 30 (736 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3740 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

That's a good set of general rules, but you missed the obvious one. The most effective solution for wireless users is to bridge the router.

NorseGamer wrote:

Is it redundant? Absolutely. And it's nowhere near as comprehensive. But hopefully, as a quick-reference list of tips, it might help Home users save a bit of time rather than scouring around looking for answers.

If the thread is redundant, and you know it has been covered more thoroughly before in a previous thread, why is this thread stickied instead of the more thorough one?

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 30 (699 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
454 posts

Sep 21, 2012

Some additional steps that have helped me have a smoother ride in Home, in the XMB, under games, in game data utility, deleting the home file, deleting this will not mess up any space or avatar saves. You will just have to redownload spaces as you enter them. So if your not using older spaces why keep them downloaded? Like i said you wont lose your saves. 

Also a second option which has worked for me in the past, a few months back while experiencing some error codes and problems downloading spaces in Home i found that doing the start up playstation maintenance window.

Option #3  helped me chase out corrupt files which led to a perfectly running home after that point.    :manhappy:

photo resize187x186_zps228e9f5d.gif
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 30 (687 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1183 posts

Sep 21, 2012

tdarb wrote:

That's a good set of general rules, but you missed the obvious one. The most effective solution for wireless users is to bridge the router.

If the thread is redundant, and you know it has been covered more thoroughly before in a previous thread, why is this thread stickied instead of the more thorough one?

The goal I had in mind when I was writing this was to provide a quick-reference list of tips that was more specifically geared to Home users, as opposed to the greater PlayStation pantheon. My guess is that not all of the Home forum users explore the other PlayStation forums here, so I figured it couldn't hurt to put together a slightly more Home-centric list of tips that addressed a lot of common connectivity problems to the Home application and would save the more Home-oriented users here a bit of time.

It's sort of like -- and this isn't an exact analogy -- how some products have a detailed technical manual and a quick-reference list, designed to tackle common questions and save the consumer the trouble of digging through the whole book to find the answer. I was (pleasantly) surprised when it was stickied, but if I had to guess -- and the general feedback so far seems to support this -- it's because it's serving its intended function as a quick-reference guide, written in layman's terminology that doesn't require an IT certification to understand, which might help a user out in a quick and easy fashion. It certainly won't solve every problem, and more digging through the PlayStation forums will turn up far more comprehensive information geared to a broader spectrum of users and issues, but it hopefully serves a purpose as another layer of support for the user.

On a personal front, I wrote this because it's the sort of list I wish someone had written for me. I'm not the most technologically sophisticated guy in the world -- and living on an outer island in Polynesia that's thirty years behind the mainland brings its share of technical headaches -- but I'm a do-it-yourself type who gets impatient when I have to sift through mountains of support materials and phone calls to tech support. Since several of Home's connectivity problems can be easily and quickly solved by the user -- something as simple as clearing the Home cache works wonders -- I figured there had to be more forum users who would benefit from having this sort of down-and-dirty "common solutions" checklist available as a resource. Hopefully it's serving that goal.

What's awesome is that some of the responses to this thread have offered additional solutions and ideas, which makes it even more valuable to the Home community. If we can collectively help each other out, then we've all done some good with this. 

NorseGamer

Editor-in-Chief, HSM

www.hsmagazine.net

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 30 (678 Views)