Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 25 2012
By: Mel_1623 Hekseville Citizen 253 posts
Accepted Solution

SOLUTION!!! Adventure District Halloween Creepy Cocktail Mini Game

[ Edited ]
9 replies 1117 views Edited Oct 31, 2012

I'm not sure if this has been brought up but I was in Adventure District for a little over six hours looking for hemlock which never spawned. I tried sitting in all possible seats, looked at every poster, watched the video, tried sequencing the items that needed to be picked up, combined every combo I could make with the only four ingredients that would spawn, and no hemlock. I even sat where it was supposed to spawn (near the activity board) for a good hour and nothing. I then thought that the bats flying around was a sign that I should mix the combo that gives me the flying bats...nope. This is frustrating and I'm sure I'm not the only one who experienced this problem.

EDIT

In order to fix the time contraints the dev team thought wise to place you must CHANGE YOUR TIME ZONE. Do NOT change your clock time as this will do nothing and will still read whatever time zone you're currently on. The times that work best to spawn hemlock is from 11:40am to 12pm so look for a time zone that will change your time to the stated times.

Thanks again Katsuune!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (1,117 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: Adventure District Halloween Creepy Cocktail Mini Game

Oct 25, 2012
I have now cleared my cache, unistalled then reinstalled home, turned off the ps3, unplugged everything even my internet router and hub, and last but probably not least I have exited and re-entered ps home. Still no hemlock spawning for me.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (1,081 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Oct 25, 2012

Don't know what happened but I gave up and stood in the spot it was to spawn for 15-20 min's and now it is magically spawning everywhere. 10+ hours of my life gone. Lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (1,067 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4131 posts

Oct 25, 2012

It's a bug with Home, and clearing cache won't fix it.  If the hemlock is not appearing in any of the spawn points it won't until you restart Home.... And it may take more than one restart for the hemlock to properly spawn.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1279 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Hemlock ingredient is *not* spawning for me, nor for most of my friends.  Error is occuring in Adventure District across all Home regions.

Joystick: there are numerous, multiple reports that Hemlock is failing to spawn for Creepy Cocktails.  Check out the main thread starting from here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/Hallowe-en-2012-Creepy-Cocktails-Ingredients...

Clearing the cache has no effect.  Re-entering Home several times has not worked for me.  There may be a delayed link between which ingredient you pick up *first* when you first start the game, and the Hemlock failing to spawn.  Most people pick up the Barrel and Eye of Newt as their first ingredients.

When I enter the Adventure District, the Halloween skin of the space and its mini-games are sometimes failing to load.

If the Eye of Newt ingredient spawns on the wooden crate next to the Teleporter, it cannot be targeted; the Teleporter gets in the way.  However this same item (in the same location) in other SCE regions is fully targetable.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (963 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1279 posts

[GAME BUG] Halloween "Creepy Cocktails" in Adventure District. Hemlock spawn failure + Limbo broken

Oct 26, 2012

The Lightning Limbo game keeps breaking and reads as "Game Unavailable" whenever other players attempt to join (or leave) your session while you are starting any given Round of limbo.

This error also has the effect of breaking all the other mini-games in the space (Devil Dance, Creepy Cocktails, Pick Up Ingredient).  Player loses access to all ingredients in inventory at that point.  You must quit the Adventure space and return to reset the games.

Extremely frustrating if you had to slug through a 4-player round of Devil Dance in order to obtain a Pumpkin, only to lose it when all the games stop working.

In other words, Lightning Limbo has not been properly coded for premature player exit in multiplayer.  Suggest hotfixing a single-player option for Limbo if you can't nail down the issue.  Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (885 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1279 posts

Re: [GAME BUG] Halloween "Creepy Cocktails" in Adventure District. Hemlock spawn failure +

Oct 26, 2012

I'm in the middle of playing Devil Dance right now, and the game had me join TWICE -- It listed me twice (Katsuune on two separate player entries) in a game with Baby_Dell.  :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (883 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: [GAME BUG] Halloween "Creepy Cocktails" in Adventure District. Hemlock spawn failure +

Oct 30, 2012

The only day I was able to get hemlock to appear for me was on the second day the Adventure District was updated to the Halloween theme. I've yet to see it spawn after the fisrt time I started getting it. I speculate that the time I saw it spawn was a little before 12pm so maybe it is timed for some people? I haven't been able to access the space again during this time because I'm busy so I'm not sure if the hemlock only appears during sometime between 11am to 12pm. I tried restarting home many times and that did nothing for me but every case seems to be different so this could be a viable solution to some.

This roll out was badly planned and too close to the halloween holiday. I know it's free rewards and we should be happy but it feels like this was rushed and not all the bugs were fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (627 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1279 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Hemlock appears to spawn from 11:40am to about 3:10pm according to your realtime on the PS3's clock.  I confirmed this by changing my timezone to Hong Kong time (12:30pm in this case) when I consistently failed to see Hemlock spawning around or after 5:30pm EST. That's when most of my friends get home from work and actually have time to play on the PS3.

Between 5:30pm EST and 11:30pm, I had never seen Hemlock spawning in the space.  After changing the timezone from 11:30pm EST to 12:30pm HKT (+13 hours difference) and returning to the space at 1:20pm HKT, I finally saw Hemlock spawning... nonstop.

As to why on earth did the game designers decided to designate the Middle of the Day as the window for spawning an important game ingredient?... of course that's insane.  There are a LOT of frustrated players out there who spent hours looking for the plant.  They're even more irritated that they can no longer obtain the Ectoplasm ingredient needed to mix with Hemlock in order to obtain  the Vampire Fingernails reward, which they would have gladly created IF THEY COULD HAVE FOUND HEMLOCK!

I believe the gameplay restrictions on this Halloween rollout are ill-advised to the point of seeming malicious.  I'm running into players absolutely refusing to believe that SCEA would lock them out of gameplay by when they play, or force them to "cheat" by fiddling their PS3 clock.  Given that people are normally at school or at work during the day, restricting spawn to limited times really truly doesn't make sense.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (614 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

I was just about to post what you said. Thanks Katsunne!

So for all you others coming across this post. It is too late for some earlier rewards but for this new roll out of rewards CHANGE YOUR TIME ZONE to whatever will make it from 11:40am to 3:10pm. For best results change it to before 12pm, that always seemed to be a no fail for me.

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR ACTUAL CLOCK TIME. This does nothing as it still reads your time zone to whatever you have it set on, you must change the TIME ZONE. Lol, just making it clear :smileywink:

julia
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (571 Views)
0 Likes