Highlighted
Feb 26 2013
By: kim_rob First Son 22 posts

Room Size

6 replies 157 views Edited Feb 26, 2013

Is there a way to increase your room size on your properties from 100 to go any higher?

Message 1 of 7 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Re: Room Size

[ Edited ]
Feb 26, 2013

Are you referring to the number of furniture slots you can use in your spaces? If so, then no. Sony sets that.

Message 2 of 7 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Feb 26, 2013

thank you ... I hate that my Island house is so big and bought the fist tank but can't have much in there with  that Smiley Sad wish we could have more space Smiley Sad I want to Deco out side and it will  not let me Bummer

Message 3 of 7 (143 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I have the same problem. You have the choice to furnish your space with 100 boring non-active items, or you use 3 or 4 interesting (active) items. Either way, the new big spaces appear even with 100 items quite empty. And if you use active items, then you have basically nothing in the space at all.

Please, Sony: Raise the furniture slots drastically.

Message 4 of 7 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Hot-Chick955 wrote:

I have the same problem. You have the choice to furnish your space with 100 boring non-active items, or you use 3 or 4 interesting (active) items. Either way, the new big spaces appear even with 100 items quite empty. And if you use active items, then you have basically nothing in the space at all.

Please, Sony: Raise the furniture slots drastically.

It has been requested since the beginning of PS Home to increase the max memory for our personal spaces, and apparently (although never officially announced - as they don't like to talk to their customers about things like this) it is not possible to increase the memory slots beyond 100.

However, what Sony can definitely do, as other developers have been doing, is to go back and re-allocate memory slots for older active items so they don't use 22 slots any more.  In many cases, some active items only need 1 slot, like when Digital Leisure updated their arcade games from 22 slots to just 1.

Astonishingly, Sony so far has chosen NOT to update ANY of their previous active items, despite how easy it is (I asked Digital Leisure about this), and despite the fact that it would not only make their customers happy, but it would encourage others to now buy those older active items now that they wont use up so many slots.  It would also free up a lot of space in personal spaces, thus also encouraging new sales of items to fill that now available space.

However, so far Sony just doesn't get it, and the only official statement was from Joystick_Warrior and GlassWalls saying they have no plans to update any of their active items. 

Sony is it's own worst enemy.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 5 of 7 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
202 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Glad this issue posted - it is a sore spot for me too. 

I never understood the limit on slots.  Before ver 1.75 our furninshings for a space were stored in a file on our PS3 HDD.  Why, I thought, would Sony limit how much of my HDD I care to use?  Now that those files have been uploaded and stored on Sony's servers, then the limitation makes some sense.  But the previous points made in this thread and others are still valid -

Why doesn't Sony and other developers manage the items like a product line, and make those changes to the product that result in increased sales?  Reducing the slots used by an item will do that, since people will obviously buy more items.

If Sony is concerned about the amount of space on their servers for the 'free' 100 slots, why don't they sell more slots?  That way those who want them can get them and the payment goes toward increasing storage on the servers.  Maybe when you run the numbers on this it doesn't pan out and make profit for Sony, but - what price point were they using in analysis?  There is a segment of Home users who would pay a super premium to get more slots and decorate their spaces as they see fit.  As I look at the prices the cloud services are getting today, it seems to me that server storage is really cheap.

Also, I have seen the speculation that Sony moved the decoration files to their servers because people were hacking those files on their PS3 and gettng free stuff.  Now they cannot do it.  But think about that...  If Sony moved those files, and went thru all that time and trouble just to avoid theft, without looking at how the revenue might be increased in the process, it is incredibly short-sighted.  But, it is also so 'Sony' where DRM and proprietary process are more important than satisfying customer needs and generating profitable revenue streams.

My comments above and by others point to a problem with the management of Home.. there are mods and developers but who is the Product Manager and what do they do?  Who is looking at the cost/revenue tradeoffs of these issues: number of slots available, number of slots used by an item, potential fees/costs for more slots, cutomer needs and their willingness to pay for them.. all the Product Mangement stuff that creates a profit center..   that thinking seems to be absent.

Lastly, the lack of communication about plans and future improvements is a damper on revenues.  People want to buy-in and be a part of something that seems to be going somewhere, not something that has no clear future.  They want to get in now when they see the potential of what's coming.  It is one thing to be secretive to misdirect competition and another thing to appear to have no plans at all.  Have I invested in something with no future??

We need to see some indication of the plans Sony has for future capabilities and improvements, not just threads for complaints and suggestions.  Some surveys with voting would be nice - we have a laundry list of desires but no sense of priority.  Some feedback on why some of our requests, like more slots, cannot be done.

Give us a bright view of the future...

Message 6 of 7 (111 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

Feb 28, 2013

Kudos Gilgames... and I hope you don't mind, but I felt the second part of your post does such a great job at expressing how so many of us feel I started a thread in the general Home forum with that quote:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Home/quot-lack-of-communication-about-plans-and-f...

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Message 7 of 7 (108 Views)
0 Likes