Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Re: Restoring your PS3 File System & Database Helps to Maintain PS3 Stability

Nov 23, 2012

Conrad_Max wrote:

You will have to redownload them again. But you won't have to pay for them again. But bear in mind, we may only able to do this for a kimited number of times. Maybe five. Someone else can clarify.

Yes I think your right Conrad, I remember back when I got my first PS3, I remember reading something about 5 time. However I think that has been changed if I am not mistaken. I couldn't see any reason why they would want it 5 times. I think this changed when the policy changed for the limited number of PS3's you can have.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 132 (12,572 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
25572 posts

Nov 23, 2012

The limit was created to discourage people from sharing forever and thereby cutting into the income due game producers/makers. If it's been changed, I have no idea of what the limit is now.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 132 (12,571 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 25, 2012
Hey could someone help me out? So I'm having the same issues where my xmb is lagging, most of my single player games run so slowly they're unplayable, etc., and I did the rebuild database stuff and that didn't help, restored default settings, and I even went as far as saving all of my saved data to a flash drive and then completely restoring my system, but all of the same issues are still there with no improvement. Does anyone have any idea why this is doing this? And any solutions to this problem would probably make me the happiest person alive. PLZ HELP!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 132 (12,531 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Nov 29, 2012
When I tried to do this, I would get to step 3 and while holding the power button waiting for the two beeps it would ask if I was using a HDMI connection with a yes or no question. It would do nothing if I continued the hold the power button and would start normally if I continued to hold the power button and answered yes to the HDMI question with the controller. Any thoughts? Thanks,
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 132 (12,475 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
22 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I was using the Crackle app lastely when I pulled up the XMB and my system froze. I waited a while for it to finish whatever task it was currently doing but never did so I did a soft reset. When I turned it back on it came up a blank screen, so I then did a hard reset by swithching off the power in the back. When I turned it back on it told me file system is corrupted the system will now restore. This is fine, but it was taking a substantial amount of time i.e I started it a 6 am and it was only at 40% by 12 am. This may have to do with the amount of memory I have on my hdd so I can wait. But this morning when I woke up the stand by light was on so I assumed it had finished and reset itself. When I turned it on it re started the same process over again.

Can anyone clarify what's going on with my system and if this will be a never ending process of if it will work properly again?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 132 (12,399 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1739 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 6, 2012

I've been saying this for like ever, & no one even noticed... 

When you use the File Restore Tool, it cleans up all the unnessesary 

Garbage that is causing clutter, & harming your PS3...

It's a Very useful Tool...

This Tool does help a lot, but there is a downside to using this too... 

If your PS3 finds any Corupted Files on it when using File Restore... 

Your PS3 will be forced into a 7 hr Reformat, which will Ultimately Wipe it clean anyways... 

Again this is a very useful tool, but i'd be caucious when using it... !@_@! 

-----------

I've never had to Reformat because of it, but I haven't tried using it either... 

The Description warns you about the Reformat when you use it... 

That is how I know about it... 

As for Rebuild System Database, I dun really know much about what that really does... Does that really help? 

What happens when you do that?

Hey, Yo, Waaaaazzzzuuupp!!! .................................................................................................................

Playstation 4
Too much Networking, & Socializing, but yet not enough Gaming... ~_~
Not My Style!!!

Get Your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 132 (12,359 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 11, 2012

i did this but the error code still came up and nt let me copy my music

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 132 (12,294 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
146 posts

Dec 29, 2012

Thank you for the artical, and kudos.

Kalas5525

http://raptr.com/Kalas5525/about
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 132 (11,996 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 31, 2012

Thank you for this. I was playing WWE13 with my friend earlier then I decided to put Skate 2 onto my harddrive when it was installing, the system froze and crashed then I had to go through the file update thing got to 52% and crashed again. After reading this, I hope it doesn't crash on me again it's on this black screen saying preparing... please wait it's been doing this for about 2 minutes or so. I have a 60gig PS3 the first generation. Maybe it's time for a new one...

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 132 (11,921 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 5, 2013

press the ps button on controller and select yes on the next screen...then you can go in to rebuild database and other options.  Its just an extra step for users connecting to video output via HDMI

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 132 (11,796 Views)
0 Likes