Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
1 posts

Re: Restoring your PS3 File System & Database Helps to Maintain PS3 Stability

Jul 4, 2014

I have a PS3 ultra slim that I upgraded to 500GB and found with photos, videos and a load of games even 500GB's was getting small.  So I installed a Seagate 1Terebyte HDD and found it loaded right up, guess the 12GB section held all the system info.  Well reinstalled my games from an external HDD and things looked good, for a while.  The system boots up about three times slower and as do the games.  Tried this fix and the system did detect that there was coruption problems and the system fixed it self, but still runs slower then my PS3 slim with the same HDD.  Other then a bad HDD could it be that its the Ultra slim that has issues?  Thanks. 

Please use plain text.
Message 121 of 139 (629 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1923 posts

Jul 4, 2014

johnj1952 wrote:

I have a PS3 ultra slim that I upgraded to 500GB and found with photos, videos and a load of games even 500GB's was getting small.  So I installed a Seagate 1Terebyte HDD and found it loaded right up, guess the 12GB section held all the system info.  Well reinstalled my games from an external HDD and things looked good, for a while.  The system boots up about three times slower and as do the games.  Tried this fix and the system did detect that there was coruption problems and the system fixed it self, but still runs slower then my PS3 slim with the same HDD.  Other then a bad HDD could it be that its the Ultra slim that has issues?  Thanks. 

Not sure whats happening without getting into a lot of troubleshooting and for that your best bet might be to contact Sony..

1TB SATA 3 Gb/s 5200 RPM 8 MB Cache will work with Slim just stay away from 7200 RPM or you will have major issues..

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 122 of 139 (619 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2014
So does this delete your bought games from psn and add ons and stuff
Please use plain text.
Message 123 of 139 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1923 posts

Jul 9, 2014

sickrick5150 wrote:
So does this delete your bought games from psn and add ons and stuff

no. thats stored on the server linked to yr acct

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear...

Please use plain text.
Message 124 of 139 (557 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2014
Ok I did the restore file thing you told us to do and it been loading for 9 hours
Please use plain text.
Message 125 of 139 (433 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 4, 2014
I hate to say it but the only way i got my ps3 to stop lagging was to do the system restore but that ended up just taking around 3 days so what i did is i went into system recovery and just wiped clean my data base and vola it worked but the sad part is it erases everything on the hard drive
Please use plain text.
Message 126 of 139 (408 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 5, 2014

Hopefully it will work. T^T I just called Sony telling them about a issue i just started having whenever i am playing COD Ghosts after about 15 or 20 minutes. My system will suddenly shut off and the red light will start blinking. The guy told me to go to safe mode and choose rebuld data base he thinks its something with my hard drive and i hope this does fix it. I do NOT want to spend 80+ dollars to get it fixed.

Please use plain text.
Message 127 of 139 (398 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 6, 2014
When i restore file system it keep saying "Preparing please wait" it has been for two hours like this
Please use plain text.
Message 128 of 139 (378 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

Please use plain text.
Message 129 of 139 (210 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

last month

It helped me a lot! I was playing assassins creed3, and the ps3 turned off. When I turned it on again the game wasn't able to see my saved data, and it wanted me to start a new game.. Im just a girl and I dont know much about computers and ps3, but thanks to your post I was able to restore everything. Thanks again~!

~~ak

Please use plain text.
Message 130 of 139 (172 Views)
0 Likes