Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 16 2012
By: ITCOB1 Welcoming Committee 2719 posts
Accepted Solution

RaceOn Garage sound problem

5 replies 163 views Edited Nov 16, 2012
None of my sound active items can be heard in this space. I have tried numerous sound actives from different Developers and none of them work. At first I thought the problem was with the new BeatsBox, rock. But the Playground boombox and Mass Medias Dancers can not be heard either. Then I tried other sound active items, still no sound.These items work in my other spaces. Thus, I assume that the background sounds in the RaceOn Garage must conflict.
Posted Image

Message 1 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3894 posts

Re: RaceOn Garage sound problem

Nov 16, 2012

Hey ITCOB1. I assume you tried clearing your cache and that did not work. So if you don't mind losing your furniture layout in the garage, try deleting the space data through the XMB and going back and re-downloading the space. See if this helps.

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Message 2 of 6 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2451 posts

Nov 16, 2012

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

Hey ITCOB1. I assume you tried clearing your cache and that did not work. So if you don't mind losing your furniture layout in the garage, try deleting the space data through the XMB and going back and re-downloading the space. See if this helps.

J_W

I too have the same problem as to music not playing. I do not know if this was a problem before because while I absolutely love the space which reminds me of buildings I have played in and (info withheld), I haven't done much with it.

I can tell you the active music items I tried do not play music although one of the new ones shows the name of the song.

Also, I tried my helicopter and it flies through the building and makes whir whir engine noises.

The clocks such as Game Mechanics (I think) big tire clock work.

The portable camera works.

I didn't go through all of the active items of course.

I reset my cache and it didn't help.

I deleted the space from XMB before entering home and clicked on it when in Home and went to the space. It was empty anyway because I accidentally deleted all of my spaces but not to worry as I had recent backups on a flash drive. And now I back them on on PS3 Plus storage.

For what it's worth doing a very quick search, I did read a post on some board where a user in EU said their music items did not play. It was a single post and no answer. What if anything happened or did not happen in EU I do not know as to resolution.

You know what I think? I think a car named Christine is in that garage somewhere with it's radio playing Bonnie Raitt singing but no one can hear it... or even see the car!!! Oh my!!!

I hope it gets fixed.

Thanks to ITCOB1 for letting me know of the problem.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Message 3 of 6 (152 Views)
Welcoming Committee
2719 posts

Nov 17, 2012
Yes, I tried clearing the cache, deleting and reinstalling Home, and deleting and reinstalling the save file for this space. No luck. I have since tried several other sound active items covering most of the Developers. None of the active sound items can be heard. The native background sounds for the space itself work fine. I believe in this case it is a bug or conflict with the space. Also, this is from a new Developer for Home. I am going to post an inquiry in the Home general Forum to see if others have an issue, since many users do not place sound items in all spaces. These problems can be slow to discover.
Posted Image

Message 4 of 6 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2719 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 17, 2012

I received a Developer reply. They have identified the sound issue. They said a fix will be implented soon.

Posted Image

Message 5 of 6 (134 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4982 posts

Nov 19, 2012

nice to know there is fix comin up.. yea been experiencing same :smileyhappy:

Message 6 of 6 (117 Views)
0 Likes