Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 27 2013
By: Kinect420 Lombax Warrior 169 posts

Problems with home. and the support team.

2 replies 131 views Edited Jun 27, 2013
Ok I've been on PlayStation home for awhile now and I'm sure thousands of home users will agree with the statement I'm about to make. Home shouldn't still be a beta after this many years. Imo its still a beta so that Sony may end it at their leisure and not have to worry about us complaining about money lost bc let's face it. It was our choice to put money in a beta. Tempest_fire home community manager even stated there is no news currently for the future of home. Idk about you but I think if I plan on fixing a platform to keep it thriving I'd give some kind of reassurance that it won't be ended. For almost 5 months now I've watched countless members post about m-10 errors and other annoying problems on home and I've seen nothing done to fix it. We can't even get a mod to reply. When things were stored system side it ran smoother yes Ik maybe not "safer" but smoother. And them storing everything on the server still isn't preventing hackers so what did it fix? Every week you release a update adding new stuff but RARELY fixing the current problems many of us have brought up. I and all other home users ar done and want a FULL EXPLINATION about what's being done to fix it. Why can we never get ahold of real support? All we get is excuses and lies. Joystick warrior you urself consistently blame the m10 on our systems or networks yet both worked fine 5 months again when they changed everything server side. I have erased home cleared my cache rebuilt my file system everything. And I still get the error so please oh wise one. Tell me ur excuses on why we can't speak to someone who actually works on home.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (131 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3743 posts

Re: Problems with home. and the support team.

Jun 27, 2013

To clarify a bit on the m-10 error, that error is specifically a connection error to our servers. The issue lies in when only a select few start getting M-10 errors. If its happening to every 10 people out of 100, it tells me something may be wrong with those 10 internet connections not properly connecting with our servers. If its 99 out of 100 getting it, it tells me our servers are where the issue lies. As with all games on PS3, it all depends on the speed of your connection (wired/wireless), if and what brand of router you're using, and who your provider is. Sometimes routers set up too many firewalls automatically which prevents Home from accessing your PS3 and will dish out those M-10s often. Other times slight hiccups in a connection due to it being used by other sources such as PC's or laptop's will cause the M-10. If our servers are going haywire, you'll also see M-10.

To reiterate what I've said before, just because your internet is at "full capacity" or it is "working  fine" for other PS3 games or even your PC, it does not mean it will work for Home the same efficient way.  Home accesses specific ports of the PS3 which have been outlined in the Connection Issue, IPs, Troubleshooting thread. I'm going to be honest here, Home can sometimes require quite a bit of network dedication and can be a bit temperamental when it doesn't get enough. Its unfortunate but that's how Home is designed. In order to deliver a full experience it requires a good solid connection. 

I hope this answered at least part of your questions. 

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: Problems with home. and the support team.

Jun 27, 2013
Not really. I've made sure the ports are open and as I said home worked fine before. At the time of posting this I have been trying for 5 hours to get on when last night I was on for hours no problem. What can you say about the stupid idea to spawn us in public spaces surely you and the dev teams understand that makes connecting harder due to server lag
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (118 Views)
0 Likes