May 13 2013
By: Katsuune Uncharted Territory 1270 posts

Pottermore: Trading Cards not rewarded by winning

[ Edited ]
5 replies 165 views Edited May 13, 2013

I have not been able to win any of the collectible Trading Cards from the Pottermore spaces (Diagon Alley, Hogwarts Express) for at least two weeks.  Others are reporting far longer.

Gameplay errors seen in Diagon Alley:

I. Book Herding fails to load about 50% of the time; game prompt not targetable.

Players' "star rating" in the herding game lobby fails to increment even with multiple wins.  Cards are not rewarded.

II. Card Trading - both Tables and Barrels.

After a few minutes, trade transactions frequently terminate in a crash resulting in one player being booted from the trade table.  The Table then reads "Game unavailable" for the player who has crashed.  Both players see the other player as being frozen in place; however, both players are still able to move freely in the lounge and talk to each other, suggesting that there has been an in-game avatar desynchronization resulting from the crash.

Errors seen in the Hogwarts Express:

III. Pottermore Trivia Quiz: Although the Card Trade Tables in the Express are almost always functional, the Pottermore Quiz cabins typically fail to load properly.  The rolled-up Quiz scroll on the table is frequently absent or, if the game is Unavailable, the scroll will be unfurled and open but appear to blink in and out of existence.  Often, the space may appear to load correctly but at least two of the Pottermore Quiz cabins will be blank.  Typically, the first and last Quiz cabin in the first train car will not be active.

Cards have not been rewarded for weeks from the Pottermore Trivia Quiz in NA Home.  It does appear to be working in EU Home, however.

IV.  Wizard's Duel sometimes fails to load; game prompt is not targetable.

Players' "star rating" in the duel game lobby fails to increment even with multiple wins.  Cards are not rewarded.

The general view is that the Trading Card rewards have not functioned properly ever since the "Coming Soon" prompt for Ollivander's was removed from Diagon Alley several weeks ago.

Certain players suggest they have had to play ten or twelve or more games of Herding or Dueling in order to receive one Card.  No amount of gameplay for the Pottermore Quiz yields any cards.

Since it often takes in excess of 1-2 hours to obtain a single trading card, this is serious deterrent which discourages repeat gameplay from both newcomers and veterans to Home.  The games themselves are rather interesting and the Pottermore spaces are beautifully detailed.  But the inability to use Group Chat with existing friends, or even to invite new Pottermore friends to the space (to visit at the same time we are there) severely limits our options for planning something as simple as trading cards.  Normally I'm extremely patient, but it's obvious that trading/playing with completly random users (who often quit mid-game) has been nothing short of an exercise in frustration.

Given its current state, it would appear that much of Pottermore gameplay in Home is broken.  Please investigate.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (165 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
3362 posts

Re: Pottermore: Trading Cards not rewarded by winning

May 13, 2013
Thanks for this information Katsuune. If you get any other details let me know. Also if any others are reporting similar issues have them post in here confirming so. Thanks again for your detective work.

J_W

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
2603 posts

Re: Pottermore: Trading Cards not rewarded by winningI have

May 14, 2013
I have experienced the same issues with the card rewards. Also, I have not found a random card in a couple of weeks.
Posted Image

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

May 22, 2013

Recent discussion with Fever Fudge claims he has been playing 10 games of Wizard's Duel before winning a Pottermore Trading Card.

European user Coxinell remarked that she has not received any Cards in over 15 games where she was the winner.

Also, I assume that one of the reasons that users registered to pottermore.com are failing to receive Cards is that we are playing against users who are typically NOT registered-- and this may somehow be affecting the reward allocation.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 27, 2013

I am having the same issue!!!! I have been playing for over 2 weeks I have won way more than 40 mini games (including book herding, duelling and quiz) and I have NOT received ANY cards at all! The only cards I can get are if I trade them with other traders (which is hard due to the large amount of players not linking their accounts) or the free card that can be found randomly on the floor (which for me is about once every 24 hours) It is really putting me off returning to pottermore I am only 5 cards away from a full set, but due to the lack of winning cards I cannot trade as I am running out of doubles now. Can someone please fix this or let us know why we aren't winning cards? 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

Sep 6, 2013

The Reading game in the Library has failed to give me Trading Cards for completing Chapter sections.

I only became aware recently that the mini-game there is supposed to provide Cards, occasionally, for correctly assembling the fragmented text into stories.  My husband has received a couple Cards; I have received none at all on my Canadian account.

I've also noted that the majority of the cards I receive in the Pottermore spaces are biased towards bronze-edged Ingredient cards. My husband and cousin have found/received about 8 Gold-edged cards in daily play.  I have found only 2 of them to date.  Possibly there may be a skewed random-number generation issue in play due to my having a larger Purchased Inventory holdings associated with my profile?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (74 Views)
0 Likes