Feb 26 2013
By: Funkinhouser First Son 8 posts

PS HOME and its moderation

7 replies 194 views Edited Feb 26, 2013
Hey all, was wondering if anyone knows if the PS Home (beta) section on the networks moderated at all? Im hoping it is. Was on last night, some of the shiz that goes down theres getting dodgy.. as in cyber bulling type crap. It wasnt directed to me, (I'd just lol at it) but some of the younger guys are taking it the wrong way. Plse visit PS Home ya'll, its a great place (other than the above).. awesome fun and you 'meet' some funny peeps. Cheers.
Message 1 of 8 (194 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14299 posts

Re: PS HOME and its moderation

Feb 26, 2013

Funkinhouser wrote:
Hey all, was wondering if anyone knows if the PS Home (beta) section on the networks moderated at all? Im hoping it is. Was on last night, some of the shiz that goes down theres getting dodgy.. as in cyber bulling type crap. It wasnt directed to me, (I'd just lol at it) but some of the younger guys are taking it the wrong way. Plse visit PS Home ya'll, its a great place (other than the above).. awesome fun and you 'meet' some funny peeps. Cheers.

I go on Home maybe once a week. Mainly to chat with my friends who, for whatever reason, do not play retail games. It is, and has been, an awful community. There are some really cool people, but the vast majority are jerks, perverted noobs, and "gamer gurlz" who think they are better than everybody else. Again, I have met really awesome people, but it takes a lot of chatting to find one of those people. The games are incredibly boring because they just do not work well or they are a grindfest. Home is also incredibly slow to load especially when you go to the XMB while you're playing. It can take minutes to get off the XMB.

I am not a big fan of Home, but I know many people enjoy it, so I do hope it stays around for PS4. I think it will too because it has been a money maker because people waste money on hundreds of virtual items and advertising is everywhere. A few clothing items is nice, but people spend HUNDREDS on fake stuff. I hope it somehow gets better...

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 2 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7691 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Funkinhouser wrote:

Yes. There is still moderation in Playstation Home. I have known a few people that have gotten banned for doing bad things in HOME. But the moderation in HOME is not as aggresive as it used to me. Mods used to "Physically" patrol HOME. If somebody got out of line HOME, the MODS would verbally warn people in the "Text Box" or put a HOME user in the infamous "Naughty Corner". 

I have not "Seen" a MOD in HOME for a few years, Nowadays bad people in HOME just get plain old fashioned banned.

d384dc0f50537e0cfa93ffe.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 3 of 8 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3068 posts

Feb 26, 2013

i  never have understood that mode of thinking...spending real money on virtual junk just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 4 of 8 (170 Views)
PlayStation MVP
14299 posts

Feb 26, 2013

kythunder wrote:

i  never have understood that mode of thinking...spending real money on virtual junk just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever..

I say spending a little bit- like $5-$10 is fine, but people seriously spend too much on it. 

Welcoming Committee- "The business of gaming is business"
Message 5 of 8 (165 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
27118 posts

Feb 26, 2013

There is Moderation in Home. But given the number of spaces, and the instances of those spaces, running into a Moderator can be vey rare. Especially as they usually patrol invisibly.

We do have the option to report offenses if we wish. Simply press Select and scroll down to the report option. Moderatiob may not be able act upon he report immediately unless they happen to be there and witness the offense. As for the report, it may be a while if any action is taken because hundreds of reports are submitted each day/week and each one is investigated.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 6 of 8 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Feb 26, 2013

kythunder wrote:

Ever spend money to go to movie theater to watch a movie,  a concert, or a sporting event? What did you pay for and receive?  Hopefully a pleasant entertainment experience and perhaps some fun with friends and/or family. That's what PSHome and the "virtual junk" provides for me at least. I've also met some fantastic people in the process, and my life is richer for it.

Message 7 of 8 (131 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Feb 26, 2013

Funkinhouser wrote:
Hey all, was wondering if anyone knows if the PS Home (beta) section on the networks moderated at all? Im hoping it is.

Hey,

As already mentioned, Home does have a moderation team but you may never actually "see" them, because they are usually invisible. You can learn more about them here: [FAQ] Moderation in Home.

If others around Home try to bother you, click X on them and "ignore" to mute them. This will also hide their emote actions and push their avatar away from you. You also can Report others for abuse if necessary by pressing SELECT then choosing the "Submit a Report" option.

Message 8 of 8 (124 Views)