Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Re: P S H

Jul 1, 2013
@pyawakitty, I understand you frustration but, allow me to say I've spent 12 hours straight trying to get into home this pasted wensday after the update, but I never gave up. Yes home has problems, its a beta. Can you name a perfect bet? No. Betas have problems and if we don't want tohave to deal with them we can choose to play a REAL game not a work in progress, we all need to remember home is still in a beta stage, so no matter what, there will ALWAYS be some type of issue or problem. If we all help eachother though and keep eachother informed it might not be so bad, also are you running wired or wireless? Does your router have built in firewalls? Have you called your ISP and had them open the required ports for homes extremely demanding connection? Ik this sounds like the same song and dance but it does help, also try deleting home, all home data in games data utility and all data under your game save utility for home. Then try launching home.
Message 31 of 33 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jul 1, 2013
@smoke um that actually does sound like a connection error, seems like its laggin up causing you to freeze, are you trying to view the prize in a crowded public space? Does it only happen at aurora? Do your other accounts work in that zone? Are all your friends able to use that item in that space? Sounds crazy I know but as J_W has said before, if its happening to only 10 of 100 people the percentage of chance is more then likely that its a user side issue, if its say 60+ of 100 then it might be something with the server, let's also keep in mind that the more stuff we own the more chance we risk lagging or freezing. Look at all games, if you have a lot of stuff that makes more then server has to read before letting you in, or displaying a reward, or displaying the wardrobe, have you used the select button in public on a semi busy server? It causes a lag spike and possibly freezes every time for me. My point is trust me I too swore it couldn't be my connection because it hasn't changed in 6 months but after following help here it runs a lot better yeah I get occasional m10s but I get to play
Message 32 of 33 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1921 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 1, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Brises_0000 wrote:

xSMOKExEMxALLx wrote:

Gimmie a break the crap dont work. Don't load up, getting kicked off, stuck in wardrobe blah blah blah

When a majority of users don't all have the same problems, then it is a good possibility that it is not on Sony's end. Your internet connection type and speed can make a big difference. I was having a lot of disconnects at one time and called my cable service. They found that their connections were wrong coming into the building and changed them. Those particular connection problems stopped. So you might want to try that.

Under normal circumstances I would agree with you... Unfortunately with Home the only thing normal about Home are all of it's techincal errors.

While the OP's issues may be an exaggerated version of what most of us have been experiencing for a very long time now, al it takes is a brief browse through the Home support forum to see just how bad things have gotten... and thus it's more than a bit misleading to suggest it is a good possibility that the fault lies with the user.

Also, if as I and many other 'gamers' have known for a very long time, that if you play dozens of multi-payer online games and don't experience the many disconnect errors and system freezes that happen when using Home, then (to paraphrase what you said) "it is a good possibility that it is not on Sony's end."

I suspect the problem is that it will cost Sony money to properly fix Home, and so far it looks like Sony has decided it isn't worth it.  After all, they haven't even bothered fixing or adding features that would likely encourage more sales, like better item management... And they wont even comment about the future of Home on the PS3 let alone the PS4.

So to the OP I say this, at this point as active users have had to for the last couple years, you have two choices.  Stop using Home, or just live with all of it's problems, and either hope they finally fix the service or try and put pressure on them to fix it.

I was referring to my personal experience. Yes Sony's network has lots of problems, but that is no reason to pooh-pooh suggestions that the user can try on their end, because that can be contributing to the problem. In my 3 years on home, I upgraded from 6 meg DSL to 18 meg cable. Upgraded my router from one that was normally in the 70% range to one that is consistently 90 to 100%. And the cable connection issue I mentioned. These changes did eliminate a lot of the connection issues I was experiencing at the time. Not all of them of course.

So there is no reason people should not check whatever they can on their end. It is a valid suggestion. I'm sorry it doesn't fit into your "Blame Sony for everything" vendetta. But my personal experiences are not subject to your agreement or disagreement.

Message 33 of 33 (82 Views)