Final Boss
25375 posts

Re: [INFO] Network Error Fixes, Feedback Requested

May 12, 2012

See also:

Anyone Freezing?

Here come another 1.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 71 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
154 posts

May 12, 2012

Since April 20th, 2012 i constantly keep getting booted out of Home more than ever lately and those frustrating error codes such as the D5021 and F13 error codes appears on screen.  It also happens when i try to teleport to another Home space and it irritates and frustrates me when i constantly keep getting booted out of Home now which that's ruining my Home experience and i decided that am not going to purchase anything else on Home until that constant booting out of Home error code problems that i keep experiencing lately gets fixed.  I really hope it does get fixes before E3 comes especially since am not fortunate enough to go there in person.

Please use plain text.
Message 72 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

May 12, 2012

I think the trouble began on Wednesday. All day yesterday and this morning it has been very bad. I can't even get to my personal spaces. Maybe after 10 tries, I can get to a personal space. The download time is very lengthy too. I keep getting booted with F13 errors when I go anywhere except the hub. And when I got to my Dolphin Room this morning, my two dolphins were gone. Why am I having trouble getting to my personal spaces, and where are my dolphins?

Please use plain text.
Message 73 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

May 12, 2012

Friday, May 11, after the maintenance one day earlier, I tried to sign in Home, only to receive 'F13', before I could appear in the Hub.

I've also received 'F16', through use of 'Select', then, 'Go to your Personal space'. The errors still seem to be appearing the most, when you're trying to go your personal spaces. It doesn't seem to matter which Personal space.

Before, you could go to your spaces using, 'Select', 'Go to your Personal space', without problems. Now, that doesn't work anymore either.

I did notice that the freezes on the Japanese Home on the other hand, didn't occur anymore, sinds Thursday's maintenance. I was able to stay there for a little more then two hours. I didn't receive any errors either.

That convinced me that the maintenance on Thursday was actually the Japanese Home being worked on.

I have to stay longer on the Japanese Home to be sure, but I do think that it would be wise as to ask the people that worked on the Japanese Home, what they've done exactly to solve the freezes there, as it seems that the freezes and errors not only coincide with each other, but also on all four regions of Home.

Please use plain text.
Message 74 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

May 12, 2012

I also do think that it would be wise to reconsider weather or not it would be better to let players that sign in Home, begin in the Navi instead, like all the other regions do, seeing as most of the time the errors occur at the exact moment when you should appear in the Hub.

I think that it would be better too, for people with a not so fast internet connection, to start playing in the Navi.

I mean, I can see a little logic for the Hub server, (or any server really), having to work so many people signing on all at once to say something like, "Hey, sorry, but we're full!", and shuts the door in front of you. meaning, you'll see an error code.

The Hub itself is always crowded with players, more and more Avatars have companions, there are shops, screens, games, the activity boards... And also a load of people signing on at the same time that it has to work off too.

Don't you think that a little relieve would be nice?

Please use plain text.
Message 75 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

May 12, 2012

Got F13 at least three times May 10th.  On May 11th I was in the entrance of 7 and everything froze for about 20 seconds...and then thankfully started up again.  Also, in Sodium had a connection error...and whatever that place with the dolphines is it wouldn't let me log on to one of the stores. 

Please use plain text.
Message 76 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
100 posts

May 12, 2012

For those that can't go to their personal spaces I have one possible solution, it's not ideal but it'll have to make do until the problem is fixed:

When you load home and are in a public space open your navigator and select the personal space that you want to go to, but don't go to it from there, simply press the square button to make it your favourite personal space, then close your home navitator and press the select button, and choose go to personal space.

This works for me and I hope it works for you too, good luck.

Feel free to make a thread about this if you think it will help more people that way.

Please use plain text.
Message 77 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2385 posts

May 12, 2012

F13 around noon EST at Dolphy public and private spaces mostly at first. However I did freeze at Dolphy race also.

Sporadic disconnects F13 with some success in later afternoon.

Disconcerting and frustrating but you know that.

I will say I was able to spend quite a bit of time online from 1 or 2 PM EDT after the initial problems.

Born in the U.S.A. - Bruce Springsteen
trolling is for fishing, not the forums

Please use plain text.
Message 78 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5288 posts

May 12, 2012

strider367 wrote:

I noticed something it reminded me of a similar bug awhile back. Watch as your going to your personal space. If the HDD doesn't come on just before your suppose to get there. You'll get a F13. That means the OS is not reading your hard drive for the furniture placement. If the HDD does come on then you'll have no problem getting into your space.

I also noticed my clubs weren't loading properly in my navigator. They kept flashing and jumping around. Again this means the OS is not reading my hard drive. Which has our script files. As well it's not reading the Home server files. Where all our informatiom is stored on the server side for us to use Home.

These problems are looking more like a virus everyday...

Apart from the virus thing, I believe you are correct.

I've got a new workaround for this. Go from The Hub to Killzone Plaza Defender. You should see the "Lobby Full" screen briefly, without that message, on your way there. From there, you can go to any personal space. I used this to get to my Creek Falls after a pile of F13s.

Why does it work? Because Killzone Plaza Defender is built on the "old" Home architecture, which works. The incompatibility seems to lie with going from a new architecture space to an old architecture space.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Please use plain text.
Message 79 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1978 posts

May 12, 2012

yeah the club thing didnt work as soon as i got to the club i was booted F13 then tried making the space my favorate still no go got booted as soon as i did

Please use plain text.
Message 80 of 424 (216 Views)
0 Likes