Sackboy
381 posts

Re: Experiencing problems staying connected to HOME

[ Edited ]
Jun 17, 2013

Like you, I have found some moderate success vis-a-vis stability using the same method(power cycling)you  mentioned in your post.  Users such as yourself are where I often find the most useful solutions to problems on the network.  While your workaround is by no means permanent, it does stave off error codes for a brief time.  Your input is appreciated, and I am sure I am not the only one who will find it useful.  Thank you to all users for your responses. 

The weekend is over.  Let us hope the appropriate parties notice this thread. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (144 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
2867 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Apologies for the late reply folks. What is the error code you're getting on disconnect?

^^^^^^Click to contact Support^^^^^^

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (139 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Error code 8002A548 accompanies a complete sign out of HOME and the SEN.  It is preceded typically by a Chat Channel disconnect, as most boot issues are.  This is not a simple disconnect from HOME, it is a total sign out from the network.  Power cycling does present some slight respite from the issue, but it does eventually reoccur.  Although other error codes are appearing, 8002A548 is the only one that has(for me at least) resulted in a total disconnect from the network.  Thank you for responding to this thread.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (134 Views)
Gaming Beast
1311 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Digitman3 wrote:

The code is C-931, which I've gotten numerous times, accompanied by a sign-out.  Other sign-outs occur randomly and without warning, and some follow the Club Chat Channel disconnect.  Sometimes I can't sign-in, or it takes a ridiculous amount of time.  I think everyone went to E3 without any regard to our support.  Do they really think we're all going to run out and buy a PS4 when we get treated like this?

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (133 Views)
PlayStation Support
2867 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Steamheart, your code is an issue with the overall PSN and not Home specific. You can look up codes similar to that on our support page here: 

Here is the info I have on that error: https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3948/kw/%208002A548%20

Digitman3 wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

The code is C-931, which I've gotten numerous times, accompanied by a sign-out.  Other sign-outs occur randomly and without warning, and some follow the Club Chat Channel disconnect.  Sometimes I can't sign-in, or it takes a ridiculous amount of time.  I think everyone went to E3 without any regard to our support.  Do they really think we're all going to run out and buy a PS4 when we get treated like this?

C-931 is a very specific code....when are you getting these exactly? Just in any space at any time? 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (123 Views)
Gaming Beast
1311 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Numerous times while loading Home.

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (114 Views)
PlayStation Support
2867 posts

Jun 17, 2013
Thanks for that info. This seems to be a particular connection with specific servers. So this happens when you are just loading into Home when you log in and its showing the Home logo filling up?

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (92 Views)
Gaming Beast
1311 posts

Jun 17, 2013

The C-931's occur signing into Home, when the first Home logo is filling up.  I've been disconnected at random times and spaces with an M-10 error.  I've gotten a multitude of disconnects from Club Chat Channel, some, but not all, followed by disconnects from Home, but my personal favorite is the abrupt and immediate sign-out from PSN, at random times and spaces.  POOF!  You're out of here!  :smileymad:

I'm certain all these errors are related to the fact that Cutthroats is broken, so just fix the stupid game and everything will be just fine.  Thanks so much.

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (88 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
2867 posts

Jun 17, 2013

I am in the opposite camp, this looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with Cutthroats, that is unless you're going directly to Cutthroats through a friend invite. If that's the case, try not doing that haha. I'll go ahead and look into the problem for you. In the mean time, try rebooting your router. I know, I know, same thing over and over but its odd that you're getting that particular error when you're not even connected to Home yet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (81 Views)
Fender Bender
1295 posts

Jun 17, 2013

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

I am in the opposite camp, this looks like it has absolutely nothing to do with Cutthroats, that is unless you're going directly to Cutthroats through a friend invite. If that's the case, try not doing that haha. I'll go ahead and look into the problem for you. In the mean time, try rebooting your router. I know, I know, same thing over and over but its odd that you're getting that particular error when you're not even connected to Home yet. 

I got the C-931 error code a couple times too, while trying to load Home the other night. Actually googled it and found it was a server error on your end. I did not reboot my router, but turned off my PS3 for a little while. Then tried again and was able to get on then.

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (74 Views)
0 Likes