Sackboy
370 posts

Re: E3 Space Support Issue...

Jun 8, 2013

Gilgamesh680 wrote:

Patchex said : When I boot HOME it shows E3 stuffs while loading HOME and booted me dierctly to the HUB, that was the first time this happend,,,

This is happening to me now evertime I boot Home.  Goes directly to Hub instead of XMB.

Ditto.

Not liking this one bit. I've pre-registered already. I do not want to be forced into the Hub every time I log in to Home.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 18 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

Hey guys. I just took a look at this and I'm not having this problem.  Any chance you can shoot me screenshots or explain a bit more of when exactly this freezing is happening? If you're getting stuck at the "Now redirecting" screen where it kicks you back to the hub, you can still go to your Home Safe screen and "Go to Personal Space"

Every time we now log into Home, the loading screen is thanking us each time, for preregistering at E3 and then it promptly boots us into the very busy Hub.

I believe it's been doing this regardless of whether the user has actually registered for E3 on the Navigator.

The Hub's Activity Board has also been reading as "This activity is currently not available"

I can also confirm (yesterday) that if a user clicked on the circle button "Cancel" to prevent downloading the Hub space from the welcome screen, it would create an endless download loop where the yellow HDD light does not stop blinking, and I could hear the HDD writing continually.  Attempting to exit this loop would result in a hard freeze and require a PS3 database rebuild.

P.S.  Currently unable to sign into the Support Forum using Firefox browser.  It simply redirects again to the sign-in screen.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 18 (129 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5381 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

The force spawn is joke....when are they going to get it! Its causing nothing but problems. 

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 18 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1270 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Unfortunately I get the impression that "forced spawn" is actually Home's DEFAULT (original) core method of spawning our avatars inside Home....

Didn't Home originally force spawn us inside our Harbour Studio apartments?  I prefer that kind of spawning rather than the public kind.  Spawning in a heavy-traffic public lounge creates instant M-10 errors and all that fun stuff.... Ugh.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 18 (119 Views)
Fender Bender
3121 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Katsuune wrote:

Unfortunately I get the impression that "forced spawn" is actually Home's DEFAULT (original) core method of spawning our avatars inside Home....

Didn't Home originally force spawn us inside our Harbour Studio apartments?  I prefer that kind of spawning rather than the public kind.  Spawning in a heavy-traffic public lounge creates instant M-10 errors and all that fun stuff.... Ugh.

Actually there was a time when you never left the Application that is now HOME... and I will say that is much worse then loading into the HUB, thank goodness its not like that now adays... The horrible things people did when they know your not really there are not nice. Then it was a forced Spawn to the Central Plaza or the Mall, its hard to remember the Order... then we were forced into Default Personal Space, I think to stop some Glitching... then for a while it was the HUB when it first came out... 

I think what happend is after this thread, they routed us all to the HUB to force a download so we would not get stuck in a loop on the way out if our catch was full or the massive load on Sony's side did not cause Slow responses. In fact if that is what they did, it was very smart on thier part and very Fast... with in 24 hours the redirect and freezing problem from the registration process was almost compleately fixed... except the Load into the Hub part...

What I think they should concider for next year is a Kisok in the HUB that is used to head to the Pre register process, so we still load onto Nav or Default Personal space and choose if we want to brave the Hub for E3 registration!

I also noticed the Activity board issues... Maybe they have something planned and that is why we are forced to register this way... or simply it was an oversite... Sadly I get a Unable to connect to Server Error on the activity board myself... 

I hope that when E3 is over our Loading into Home will go back to Nav or Personal Space default... it is less intrusive and more pleasent an experiance. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 18 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1228 posts

Jun 9, 2013

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

Hey guys. I just took a look at this and I'm not having this problem.  Any chance you can shoot me screenshots or explain a bit more of when exactly this freezing is happening? If you're getting stuck at the "Now redirecting" screen where it kicks you back to the hub, you can still go to your Home Safe screen and "Go to Personal Space"

Joystick_Warrior, how do you do this?

If we took just five minutes, to recognize each others beauty, instead of attacking each other for our differences .............
Ellen Page
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 18 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3121 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 11, 2013

PYAWAKITT wrote:

Joystick_Warrior wrote:

Joystick_Warrior, how do you do this?

I am not Joystick, yet while in PS HOME, hit the Select button on your controller, this will then take you to a screen that holds options for stuff like redirecting to your default Personal space (Sadly if you are in your default Personal space this does you no good... ) and making grief reports while in the Program. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 18 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
94 posts

Jun 11, 2013

This is most definitely not an internet issue.

I am having the same problems as listed by others, but so are ALL my club members, friends and family and that involves over 27 people across the country. While on PS Home I've also talked with many other people who are complaining of the same issues.

This problem started with the E3 registration.

• Loading hangs and then we are forced into the Hub. (once, and only once did I end up in my Harbor Apt.)

But, this isn't the only issue.

I'm on Home between 8-12 hours a day with club and gaming league activities, so I tend to notice changes in game performance, connection, glitches, etc., and the very day that the E3 registration began, so too did the following:

• Overall lagginess throughout Home - including loading spaces, wardrobes, furniture, etc.

(loading any space, public or private can and usually does drag on, and too often freezes or disconnects in progress)

• The login screen hangs and often will freeze.

(I clocked an eleven minute login time!!!!!!!!)

• Chat channels disconnect constantly.

(and soon after so does the connection to Home)

• Connection loss occurs frequently.

(things started out slow, then the disconnects began, and now we've been getting kicked an average of 5 times within a 10 hour period)

ALSO - I did not have to register for E3 on my other account (and friends have also confirmed this to be true) that simply logging in to Home registers their account and thereafter we are put the crowd at the Hub upon logging in.

For those who will inevitablly advise a clearing of the cache, checking routers, internet connection speeds, re-installing PS Home, etc. .... Did that .... no help, no change. The problem is not on our end.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sigs by The Goblin

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 18 (76 Views)