Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1649 posts

Re: Does Sony do any testing of Home? Or are we their testers?

Feb 19, 2013

myalana wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

I've lost memory cards with hundreds of hours worth of sava data for games I've completed.

YOU lost memory card data. Sony didn't lose it for you. There's a difference.

That's an assumption. Someone could have stolen it, (unintentionally) or broken it, or it simply stopped working. I didn't clarify which.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 45 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
7514 posts

Feb 19, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

myalana wrote:

LunarEmerald wrote:

I've lost memory cards with hundreds of hours worth of sava data for games I've completed.

YOU lost memory card data. Sony didn't lose it for you. There's a difference.

That's an assumption. Someone could have stolen it, (unintentionally) or broken it, or it simply stopped working. I didn't clarify which.

If it was in your possesion, that is still your fault ultimately. You didn't safeguard it, back it up or otherwise protect it to your fullest extent. It's not a valid example in this instance.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 45 (255 Views)
Survivor
1002 posts

Feb 19, 2013

D-Nitrate wrote:

Is it just me, or does it seem like tech support relies on us for all their testing?   Don't they have, or shouldn't they have their own group of testers who on their own could EASILY verify all these issues exist?  Heck, just a couple interns with PS3s should be able to confirm these issues exist.

There is no way the 1.75 update would have passed any amount of testing, even mediocre testing prior to it's release.

What the heck is going on over at Sony these days?  Have they basically cut the budget for Home support to the absolute bare minimum?  If so I feel really bad for Joystick_Warrior... But this is truly ridiculous.

• Yes, they rely upon us for their testing. Cheaper that way.

• Interns ? Having Interns test an update or product before release would denigrate the value of the Interns Slave labor.

• Sony is still  ardously trying to find the bare minimum / bargain basement on Support for Home :smileysad:
 photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 45 (248 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Feb 19, 2013
numerous end users tested 1.75 weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 45 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
233 posts

Feb 19, 2013

I dunno about beta testing, but I do know it seems like they resort to us for problem solving...so many people on the forums asking for technical support, even people told to come here by Sony support themselves, with only fellow forum members trying their best to give them what knowledge they have of it. Any official support on here is rare. Of course, maybe I'm wrong, maybe people are getting private messages with help for all I know. But that's just the impression I get. The only thing that bothers me is when items have glitches...I have a shirt I bought that had a really bad glitch and I still haven't worn it cause I don't know if the glitch still exists because I never see anyone wearing it anymore. Dunno where the testing went with that one and that was back when Home was actually paid attention to decently.

Not gonna point fingers at them for being neglectful, because they're a company and it's business and we typically don't know everything that goes on behind closed doors, but eh.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 45 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4245 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 19, 2013

MapleStory wrote:

It's sort of absurd for anyone to think that we're supposed to get bug-free updates or that they needed more quality assurance in the first place. They test their patches on a small scale, enough where they know it's not buggy enough to break everything or cause some kind of insolvable issue and then it's released to us, the masses, where we then report any problems or inconsistencies. It's impossible to gauge the full scale of issues among say, a few hundred when compared to the many thousands who use Home.

If we were all paying a fee to use Home, then I could understand the constant b*tching and moaning around here but give them a break. You can't all expect results in a day's time and it's not at the point where Home is completely unusable. It's just issues that many around here feel is enough to ruin their enjoyment entirely which is silly, considering it's mostly over virtual belongings.

First of all... Many people have spent well over $1,000 on Home, far more than any other game.... and some would argue the time and effort they put into getting rewards, and customizing their spaces is worth a lot more than that.  I know I certainly value my free time far more than the money I have spent in Home.

Second of all, the problems with Home and this update far exceed any reasonable amount of expected "issues" one might experience in a reasonably well run project... I know quite a bit more about the industry than you might realize, and frankly Home has become the butt of many a joke within the software industry, and has set a new low in terms of customer relations and support.

But I'm sure they are very grateful you are so happy with how well this update went and how everything about Home is perfectly reasonable... Not sure they are happy to hear you don't spend any money on the service though.... Although that might explain why you don't seem to care.

Sony's PlayStation Home updated mission statement...

"Like it never happened"

- Stand for something better than mediocrity and don't disguise it as adequate, when clearly it is far from that to anyone willing to be objective and unbiased. -

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 45 (219 Views)
Wastelander
687 posts

Feb 19, 2013

harley7 wrote:

Again, a few hundred (of which I'm sure a handful were incompetent and just there for bragging rights) will not even scratch the surface of issues that thousands (or tens of thousands) can. People need to stop expecting miracles.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 45 (218 Views)
Sackboy
392 posts

Feb 19, 2013

LunarEmerald wrote:

Digitman3 wrote:

MapleStory wrote:

It's sort of absurd for anyone to think that we're supposed to get bug-free updates or that they needed more quality assurance in the first place. They test their patches on a small scale, enough where they know it's not buggy enough to break everything or cause some kind of insolvable issue and then it's released to us, the masses, where we then report any problems or inconsistencies. It's impossible to gauge the full scale of issues among say, a few hundred when compared to the many thousands who use Home.

If we were all paying a fee to use Home, then I could understand the constant b*tching and moaning around here but give them a break. You can't all expect results in a day's time and it's not at the point where Home is completely unusable. It's just issues that many around here feel is enough to ruin their enjoyment entirely which is sill, considering it mostly over virtual belongings.

My Script Settings file didn't make the transfer.  I lost my dolphies.  I raced them almost everyday for the last 2 1/2 years, accumulating 547 wins, and now?  Gone.  I have current backup data.  Useless.  I think that warrants a little b*tching.  My wardrobe and furniture are a shambles, but I suspect that will get straightened out eventually, so I'm not so concerned about that.  I want my dolphies back and I'll continue to b*tch about it till I get them.  :smileymad:  DG

I've lost memory cards with hundreds of hours worth of sava data for games I've completed. It's disheartening but was that data really valuable? Were you in the middle of doing something and you couldn't finish? Because it sounds like you weren't.

Dolphy racing is an old space that will likely be removed next time NA gets rid of bunch of unsupported spaces.

But thats different he backed up his data and Sony wont let him use it. He didnt lose his data Sony did. They can put that in the terms and conditions all they want doesnt make it okay all a sudden to do it lose all your data I mean

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 45 (210 Views)
Survivor
1002 posts

Feb 19, 2013

harley7 wrote:

whats the source for your information ? numerous end users tested 1.75 .... lol

Otherwise : all that comes to my mind,

is that it's wonderful that Sony gives the Blind, Mentally Ill,  and Disabled, productive tasks :smileyhappy:

photo the_Lil.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 45 (185 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16259 posts

Feb 19, 2013

Oil_TheI Pill wrote:

harley7 wrote:

whats the source for your information ? numerous end users tested 1.75 .... lol

Otherwise : all that comes to my mind,

is that it's wonderful that Sony gives the Blind, Mentally Ill,  and Disabled, productive tasks :smileyhappy:

people i know tested it weeks ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 45 (179 Views)
0 Likes