First Son
17 posts

Re: Condition of Home

Jul 4, 2013

Gilgamesh680 wrote:

The problem with the "Stop patronizing" approach is: if the revene stops coming in, Sony might just shut the whole thing down.  Why run a service that generates no revenue?

Do I pour additional money into those repairs and upgrades, or do I just milk whatever I can get out of it? ... hmmmm.. can't decide .... the safe decision is: let's play it along as long as we can and minimize expenses for testing, servers and repairs; that way we can wait and see  ..

So, here we are.

(1) http://www.shacknews.com/article/68243/financial-impact-psn-hack-downplayed

Sadly, I must agree. My feeling is Sony would like to get out of Home altogether. Just too much effort. If we all dropped Home we might be doing them a favor. Sad.

Message 11 of 15 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jul 6, 2013

For me, Home has improved alot, sometimes it does good to look over your internet connection. I had a few people I really trust( one a relative, on a very good friend on home ) who went into my computer settings and made some adjustments. I can't recommend these to you though, because my relative is on x box now, and my friend on home likes to play with some people and may  keep your account should he get access to it( he has done that in the past to some who have trusted him).

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Message 12 of 15 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1862 posts

Jul 7, 2013

I have had similar problems, more in the last couple of months.  I have the fastest broadband that my ISP offers (50mbps DL), and did speedtest to make sure.  It got unbearable with being frozen or kicked out while doing nothing other than typing, and taking forever to DL spaces.  Clearing my cache did not help.  Searching online for some answers, I found that some had success with cleaning out their PS3s.  By that, I mean getting rid of old games (that have been completed or have lost interest in), deleting all (but saved) PMs - in both sent and received, uploading pics then deleting them from the PS3, then deleting and reinstalling Home ( I also cleared my cache again just for good measure).

I'm not saying it works for everyone, but before I only had 11gb free on my PS3's memory, after I had 31gb free, and it not only sped up Home loading and spaces loading, but I haven't gotten a disconnect since (yet *crosses fingers*).  The thing that took the longest?  Deleting my messages!  Surprising how they stack up so quickly!

It's worth a try anyway...

Message 13 of 15 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Jul 7, 2013

CaptainJames99 wrote:
What people in the know say in this industry, a including some who are friends is that no software should pass 1.0 and still be in beta nor should a beta last longer than 6 months especially with such big problems unaddressed. Any software that is open to the public 4+ years still in beta and still buggy is gonna be a problem no if's, and's or but's.

By 'Beta' they actually mean 'good luck suing when something messes up and we steal your money as a result' It always has and always will be Beta no matter how smooth or unsmooth it is running, that is Sony's way of covering themselves from thier loyal customers. We provide them loyalty and our $$, they provide us cover-ups and loopholes (that never are for our advantage)

Message 14 of 15 (97 Views)
Lombax Warrior
82 posts

Jul 8, 2013

CaptainJames99 wrote:
What people in the know say in this industry, a including some who are friends is that no software should pass 1.0 and still be in beta nor should a beta last longer than 6 months especially with such big problems unaddressed. Any software that is open to the public 4+ years still in beta and still buggy is gonna be a problem no if's, and's or but's.

By 'Beta' they actually mean 'good luck suing when something messes up and we steal your money as a result' It always has and always will be Beta no matter how smooth or unsmooth it is running, that is Sony's way of covering themselves from thier loyal customers. We provide them loyalty and our $$, they provide us cover-ups and loopholes (that never are for our advantage)

Message 15 of 15 (79 Views)
0 Likes