Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 12 2013
By: RogueQ Sackboy 350 posts

Condition of Home

14 replies 326 views Edited Jun 12, 2013

Lag, channel failures and errors are plaguing Home. All of these things are worse now than ever before, so I'm wondering, when will these issues be addressed?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (326 Views)
Survivor
1442 posts

Re: Condition of Home

Jun 12, 2013

By all intents and purposes, it appears, to me anyway, Home is being totally and completely neglected.  Cutthroats and Home Hold 'em have been broken for almost a week now, with no word about a fix.  I'm being slaughtered by errors and various disconnects, along with sudden random sign-outs.  I have a very strong and fast internet connection and have never experienced the problems that I'm experiencing now.  I think our "Home Team" (what a joke) just doesn't care.  Saying everyone is busy at E3 is just a cop-out.  :smileymad:  DG

Posted Image
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (322 Views)
Sackboy
350 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Most of this started a couple months ago and I've seen many complaints on here over it, and no responses from an authority figure addressing the issues. The lag in a lot of public spaces is beyond terrible and chat channles go out very frequently, and the errors that follow are climbing in number. How about an official word about if and when these things are being addressed...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 21, 2013
I've been on psn over 2.5 years and homes always been this bad. I was on once this month for an hour and that's the longest I been able to stay on uninterrupted in a year.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2879 posts

Jun 21, 2013

It's getting worse because of the glitchers and ISE. I hope Sony can fix it one day. I survive as best as I can on home and plan to stay there,lol

Thanks Asuka424 for the Signature
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jun 22, 2013
What people in the know say in this industry, a including some who are friends is that no software should pass 1.0 and still be in beta nor should a beta last longer than 6 months especially with such big problems unaddressed. Any software that is open to the public 4+ years still in beta and still buggy is gonna be a problem no if's, and's or but's.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (244 Views)
Sackboy
350 posts

Jun 26, 2013

Another long PSN downtime and Home update, and the lag, errors and channel disconnects, are just as bad. Can we get a fix?

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Jul 2, 2013
Rogues question is the most pertinant to the issue. yes we should get a fix! but will it happen? most definately not. I'm not exscusing the company on the sorry state of home either.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Jul 2, 2013

Ok, here's the question: what do you do with a product that constantly doesn't work like Home? Very simple.......Stop patronizing it!!!!! When the $$ stops coming in from us buying things that'll be the only threat they'll react to. This goes for any product that sux.

Loss of revenue is the only language they respect.

AND STOP FALLING FOR THAT **bleep** EXCUSE THAT HOME IS A BETA!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (177 Views)
Lombax Warrior
201 posts

Jul 3, 2013

The problem with the "Stop patronizing" approach is: if the revene stops coming in, Sony might just shut the whole thing down.  Why run a service that generates no revenue?

If I put myself in Sony's shoes, here is what I would see... I've got this online game that is wildly popular and generates significant revenue today, but it needs lots of work with constant updates, new servers, software upgrades and monitoring of player behavior.  And, it might be just a flash-n-the-pan where the revenue could drop at any time when people turn their spare-time pursuits to something else.  And, that big problem we had a few years back when the user data was hacked; cost us over $20 million (1)

Do I pour additional money into those repairs and upgrades, or do I just milk whatever I can get out of it? ... hmmmm.. can't decide .... the safe decision is: let's play it along as long as we can and minimize expenses for testing, servers and repairs; that way we can wait and see  ..

So, here we are.

(1) http://www.shacknews.com/article/68243/financial-impact-psn-hack-downplayed

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (152 Views)