Fender Bender
2436 posts

Re: CLUBS HAD BEEN EMPTIED BY the MAINTENANCE!!!

Jan 19, 2013

I hate to say this but....

It's almost comical that this would happen a few days before Sony moves all of our apartment layouts to their servers.

Can there be any clearer a wake-up call that it's a bad idea for multiple reasons?

castle3
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 74 (360 Views)
Sackboy
291 posts

Jan 19, 2013

SORROW-83 wrote:

ok, all club layout had dissepear...what a better proof of the stupidity of the future patch on ur saves?

i can't believe the issues we will endure when they migrate all our data on their servers....

It's only a clubhouse setting layout which was meh for me, but some people really worked on making theirs unique. I understand how  upsetting this is. This kinda thing really shouldn't be a common occurrence though, because people who are already mad about losing their multiple saves that will be useless after the patch will be pushed off the edge by losing the files the Ps home team wants to keep for us. I have to say I'm not gonna want to keep putting money into this "beta" if they lose my character saves. Those are the most dear to me since every single one is unique and cannot be duplicated after this patch happens. So in conclusion, I hope they learn from whatever mistake they made with he clubhouses and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 74 (349 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Jan 19, 2013
On a bright side, I took the opportunity to change club skins. Didn't have to take everything out myself. Lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 74 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1947 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Yup... my MIB Clubhouse that people were so happy with is now kaput... :/ Goody. So much for this update being better, it can't even handle Clubs still.

I don't budlist-add on forums, and blank PSN requests get ignored!
Missing Rewards -over a year old, still never fixed! 3-4 months worth of items still MIA.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 74 (322 Views)
Survivor
1922 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

I have no knowledge of what is going on. But if I were to guess, I would say that over the LONG maintenance where obviously things didnt go as planned, they probably changed the structure of Home's server. This was probably the update to install the server database that would hold our furniture layouts for the future update and beyond. It's also possible that they planned to move Clubhouse furniture layouts to this same database.

it's not currently active for for our apartments. But it's possible that  Home's clubs are confused as to whether it's using the old database or the new one. That would explain why it can't save properly and why the layouts we had are blank now.

Please keep in mind that this is just my wild guess. 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 74 (294 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Don't bother trying to rebuild your clubhouse yet because nothing saves. If you leave your club, the furnature will disappear again. 

ジャーマン ・ウォリア
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 74 (280 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29013 posts

Re: Clubhouse Item Error

Jan 19, 2013

Monday is a holiday so it might not be before Tuesday. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 74 (192 Views)
Survivor
1922 posts

Jan 19, 2013

ALIEN-gunner wrote:

Don't bother trying to rebuild your clubhouse yet because nothing saves. If you leave your club, the furnature will disappear again. 

yeah, don't bother. It's possible even if you could change furniture you may be saving it on a database that's about to get reset or made obsolete next week. Just give clubs a vacation for a week and we'll either see our old layouts restored, or we'll start from scratch again on a new database.

:smileyhappy:

BTW, I wouldn't blame Home or it's staff for this. Moving, merging, altering databases is HARD messy work. Things go wrong. And you have to fix fix fix afterwords. That's normal for database operations. 

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 74 (284 Views)
PlayStation Moderator
2884 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Moved from: "General Discussion > PS Home".

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 74 (270 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1780 posts

Jan 19, 2013

I also am very disappointed to see my furniture all gone.  I had a few club skins set up with puzzles for future games in them. :smileysad:

And yes, it makes me even more worried about switching all of our Home save files to the servers...

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 74 (259 Views)
0 Likes