Nov 24 2012
By: Ingavar_out Lombax Warrior 150 posts

Bad demo of avatar add-on

2 replies 122 views Edited Nov 24, 2012

I had a bit of Home cash and decided to have fun, so I spent like 20 minutes going throught the female hair style add-ons. I liked the Long Curly Hair, but when I tried putting it on my avatar it showed up as having purple highlights at the bottom end of the hair, and that was NOT in the description! As I didn't want that feature I ended up going back and finding another one I was satisfied with, but this glitch made me feel like the first purchase was a waste of money. :smileymad:

Could this be some programming glitch that might be fixable, or should I give up and not buy any more avatar add-ons so I don't risk wasting money again on something that doesn't deliver what it promises?

Message 1 of 3 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

Re: Bad demo of avatar add-on

Nov 25, 2012

Ingavar_out wrote:

I had a bit of Home cash and decided to have fun, so I spent like 20 minutes going throught the female hair style add-ons. I liked the Long Curly Hair, but when I tried putting it on my avatar it showed up as having purple highlights at the bottom end of the hair, and that was NOT in the description! As I didn't want that feature I ended up going back and finding another one I was satisfied with, but this glitch made me feel like the first purchase was a waste of money. :smileymad:

Could this be some programming glitch that might be fixable, or should I give up and not buy any more avatar add-ons so I don't risk wasting money again on something that doesn't deliver what it promises?

Hey!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that hairstyle probably was made with purple highlights. There is a hairstyle like that available, so could this be the one? It's worth noting that some hairstyles have unique color highlights that we cannot edit, my advice would be to sport the hair color you like (or one that stands out, like Pink) and view the hairstyle in the 3D Preview before purchasing.

Doing this will help you see which parts of the hair you can control and the highlighted parts you can not. If you believe the hairstyle was not intended to have highlights, could you share a picture of the hair and the name plus location of the item?

Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Re: Bad demo of avatar add-on

Dec 1, 2012
It was the Long Curly Hair in the Originals menu, and the description did not have any info about the purple highlights. I didn't know there could be glitches, so had my brown hair color on and didn't see the highlights on that tiny avatar image, even when zoomed in a bit. Don't have it right now, but will attach an image tomorrow.
Message 3 of 3 (87 Views)
0 Likes