Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 02 2013
By: waldowoc Lombax Warrior 149 posts

6 replies 655 views Edited Aug 2, 2013

Hey gang, just logged into Home and went to load an avatar, but it wouldn't load. There was no change, so I went back to the wardrobe to try loading it again and it was gone! I tried two more time with two other avatars and received the same result. That's three avatars removed.

I have spent a lot of time creating my avatars and within ten minute three of them are gone. Has this happened to anyone else, is there a known issue I should be aware of?

Now that avatars are stored online, I have no idea how to retrieve them. Are they lost for good?

PlayStation Forums Signature 1
Message 1 of 7 (655 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3042 posts

Re: Avatars being removed

Aug 2, 2013

hey waldo, 

just curious, do you still have the old Home files in your gamesave folder on your PS3?  If so, I strongly recommend you delete those now that everything is stored on the servers.   I used to have all kinds of problems until I finally deleted those files.

Also, clearing your cache never hurts, it's in the options menu in Home, when you press Start on your controller.

Not sure if that will solve your problem, but neither hurts to try! :smileywink:

Message 2 of 7 (627 Views)
VP of Gaming
26141 posts

Aug 2, 2013

You might also try deleting and reinstalling Home. When installing, wait for the flashing yellow light to stop flashing before tapping the X button.

Moderation will very likely move this to PlayStation®Home Support where Joystick_Warrior, our Home Support Guru, can better help you.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 3 of 7 (616 Views)
PlayStation MVP
1725 posts

Aug 2, 2013

I had the same issue recently and realized it was because my avatars were from an older version of Home and didn't have the star wipe in the back ground.  I deleted all of the old ones and just made new ones and everything is back to normal.  My older ones that didn't work just had a grayish background while all of the ones that did work had the starry background.

jason 1 8 0 2 1 2 8 signature
Message 4 of 7 (606 Views)
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Hi Jason1802128, after reading your reply, I went back and checked the avatar image backgrounds and can confirm that some of them, not the oldest, but what seems random to me, are indeed missing the decoritive backgrounds.

Had you been told by support to delete them, as you suggested to me?  I'd rather be absolutely sure they are gone.  I stand to lose 6 of 11, 4 of which are my favorite and most used.

The second I first logged on and was informed about the files being saved online, I knew I was going to lose my avatars! It's been so long, I thought I was safe.  I guess there's no time limit on when they decide they're going to delete your stuff.

Message 5 of 7 (587 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2013

Thanks Conrad_Max, that was the first thing I tried.

I figured some idiot would move it, after all there's no appearent way to find a special home support from this horrid site. God forbid they should design a forum site based on logic...

Message 6 of 7 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Aug 3, 2013

Thanks tease, I took your advise, since my files are all backed up, but nothing changed. I deleted all the Home gamesave data in that folder as well as the Home game data in the Game Data folder.

At that time I cleared the cache in case there was some residuals from trying to load a saved game data even though I'm sure the new versions of Home don't even look for them let alone try to load them. Like you wrote, couldn't hurt, but that didn't work either.

Message 7 of 7 (577 Views)
0 Likes